FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:30 pm

CarverAudio & TheCarverSite Reconciliation

<<

Robert R

TFM-45

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:04 pm

Re: CarverAudio & TheCarverSite Reconciliation

Well, they know what my vote would be, but I will never sign on there as long as he's in charge. He's incapable, period. Besides, I never had any craving for merit badges.

The whole thing is organized military style - the rankings, the medals, and the unquestionability of authority. Now they are issuing uniforms, too. Of course they will vote to keep the Generalissimo. Democracy my ass - an election with one candidate? Welcome to the USSR.

Those who returned got suckered.

Robert R
"You know what folks? I'm happy."
<<

radioeng2

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:19 pm

Wonder if this will become a "loyality" vote or if a case is being made for any true benefit of dropping barriers and combining?

Since the fence mending began, I've seen some on both forums that sounded like loyality comments and a few stepping back and looking for a bigger picture.

Mark
<<

Robert R

TFM-45

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:21 pm

I don't know, Mark - who is wording the case? Hope I'm wrong in my post above - they would be the sweetest words I ever ate. But I'm not holding my breath or tucking in my napkin.
RR
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm

Toy Maker wrote:Not holding my breath at this point....
Rich has decided to "Put it to a vote"
Fun while it lasted I suppose.

If anyone here really wants to see it happen, you better get over there and vote YES

I don't see any vote thread....?
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm

Robert R wrote:Well, they know what my vote would be, but I will never sign on there as long as he's in charge. He's incapable, period. Besides, I never had any craving for merit badges.

The whole thing is organized military style - the rankings, the medals, and the unquestionability of authority. Now they are issuing uniforms, too. Of course they will vote to keep the Generalissimo. Democracy my ass - an election with one candidate? Welcome to the USSR.

Those who returned got suckered.

Robert R

He is not in charge there anymore, at least not now. My sense is that if he tries again to assert control, the rebellion will be huge. If for other reason, log in and vote, then walk away.
Carver Statement Reference Monoblocks!!!The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier.[/size]
<<

hewlew1

"You Fuckin' Fucks"

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:03 pm

I dont see any thread were anyone can vote either. Who is voting just his mods?
"Carver Audio, why settle for less, just ask my neighbors"
C1,C2,CT3,CT6,CT7/3,CT23,CT26,C4000,The Receiver,M500,M500T/6,M1.5T,TFM24/2,TFM/25/3,TFM35,TFM35X,TFM42/2,DTL200,TDR1700,DPL20,TX11/2, 5.2Center,5.1Sub/3,Original Amazings,Platinum Amazings/2,AL3'S,Polk SDA SRS, Polk SDA 1C's, Polk RTA11's, Polk Monitor 10's/2 ,Monitor 7's, Sunfire 300x2 /5, Sunfire pre, Sunfire MK2 Sub/2, 4 Carverfest monoblocks, Carverfest linestage preamp/2, Mapletree Audio Designs Tube Preamp,Phase Linear Andromeda III speakers, Phase Linear 4000 Preamp, Dahlquist DQ-10's
CERTIFIED AMPLE PLIERS EXPERT
Some of the best fuckings we get during our lifetime come from a relative!
I don't kiss ass, I dont take peoples shit, so dont expect it from me!
<<

Robert R

TFM-45

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:13 pm

Two problems: Gary says he can't find the voting thread; If he can't, I certainly won't. And secondly, I took my password cookie out on the 13th. It's probably written down somewhere in this mess of a house, but not worth the time it would take to find it; especially as I fear that even if I did have it, it just might not work at this point. I really have no trust in that place anymore, and with good reasons.

If somebody finds this "ballot" thread, please paste it onto this forum for all to see.

RobertR
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:32 pm

It hasn't been posted yet. But sounds like it will be soon.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

RichP714

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:06 pm

Well, I ran it up the flagpole; all we can do is wait and see

http://thecarversite.com/yetanotherforum/default.aspx?g=posts&m=154395#post154395
<<

hewlew1

"You Fuckin' Fucks"

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:13 pm

It is there now, my first question is who contacted whom about this merger?
"Carver Audio, why settle for less, just ask my neighbors"
C1,C2,CT3,CT6,CT7/3,CT23,CT26,C4000,The Receiver,M500,M500T/6,M1.5T,TFM24/2,TFM/25/3,TFM35,TFM35X,TFM42/2,DTL200,TDR1700,DPL20,TX11/2, 5.2Center,5.1Sub/3,Original Amazings,Platinum Amazings/2,AL3'S,Polk SDA SRS, Polk SDA 1C's, Polk RTA11's, Polk Monitor 10's/2 ,Monitor 7's, Sunfire 300x2 /5, Sunfire pre, Sunfire MK2 Sub/2, 4 Carverfest monoblocks, Carverfest linestage preamp/2, Mapletree Audio Designs Tube Preamp,Phase Linear Andromeda III speakers, Phase Linear 4000 Preamp, Dahlquist DQ-10's
CERTIFIED AMPLE PLIERS EXPERT
Some of the best fuckings we get during our lifetime come from a relative!
I don't kiss ass, I dont take peoples shit, so dont expect it from me!
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:21 pm

RichP714 wrote:Well, I ran it up the flagpole; all we can do is wait and see

http://thecarversite.com/yetanotherforum/default.aspx?g=posts&m=154395#post154395

The resistance by a few has me really asking wtf. How can i be surrounded my so many alpha male types that are good people, yet somehow rubbed each other wrong at one time or another. This comes from another meeting place, but i believe it still applies. We need to put principles over personalities, as the folks i meet abroad the two forums are typically first rate. Only when politics come up do i see any real differences in what we generally think and believe with the fun stuff audio brings forward. Like i said just moment ago on thecarversite, one forum with two sections, social and tech. Those that are more interested in one, only see those feeds. Or maybe even a more socail corner like facebook links for the social part like the shout box rich has. It could so keep the endless chatter down from a database.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:35 pm

hewlew1 wrote:It is there now, my first question is who contacted whom about this merger?

NooshinJohn contacted me, and said some members were talking about it...
I re-registered on TCS, and PM'd Rich to open talks.
As far as I can tell, Rich is all for it. I think it's a good idea as well.

It seems Mods and members are now rebelling, and want to keep things as is.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

Robert R

TFM-45

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:52 pm

James - Amazing that as a returnee you could get a PM through! Something sure must have changed there.

If the members want it the way it was, they are welcome to it. Of course, how WAS it? Changes, all the time. That's not voting for stability, but for the whim of the month club.

I wonder how many actual members will vote? And how is it worded? Somebody please put this thing up for us to see here.

RR
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:00 pm

Robert R wrote:James - Amazing that as a returnee you could get a PM through! Something sure must have changed there.

If the members want it the way it was, they are welcome to it. Of course, how WAS it? Changes, all the time. That's not voting for stability, but for the whim of the month club.

I wonder how many actual members will vote? And how is it worded? Somebody please put this thing up for us to see here.

RR

Robert, Rich has retired himself; the site admin with be John (tkd.teacher) with more expansive moderator controls shared by the mods. MANY things are being opened up and changed.

SO, the resistance isn't to CHANGE as much as it is to MERGING....

Most the comments I see are to the effect of "leave both sites separate with links to each for those that choose to participate" which is pretty much the way it is right now. Certainly there is more member cross-utilization in the past couple of days. I see it as a good thing either way.
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

Robert R

TFM-45

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:45 pm

I hate to be difficult, really hate it, but we've been through a lot lately, and I'd hate even more to see us blow it in the stretch.

So James, by "as is" you mean as an independent forum, but without RP in charge? That's not how I interpreted your statement, but I guess you meant "as it is right now", not as it was two weeks ago. I have no way of knowing how things are there at this point. The question for many is, is RP permanently relinquishing control? Is he in control right now?

Gary - Who used the word "retired"? It has gained a shade of meaning lately that was new to a lot of us, so some of us would like to hear a lot more clarifying details about that situation. Lately we've seen a lot of retirees unretire in a flash.

RR
Last edited by Robert R on Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PreviousNext

Return to (( Site & Forum Updates ))