It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:46 pm

CarverAudio & TheCarverSite Reconciliation

<<

mbskeam

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:33 pm

Re: CarverAudio & TheCarverSite Reconciliation

my ONLY concern......
when we want to post some of the off the FUCKIN wall stuff. and we do swear a over here. :D :D :D
I really hope that part will stay the same.
the other site has the tech and we have the nuts...... :D
Mbskeam

#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"
<<

tkd.teacher

Newbie 50+

Post Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:34 pm

hewlew1 wrote:So welcome john. I wanted to post a very general apology on the other site but I don't have that ability in the thread with the same name as this one over there. Any suggestions

Post away. You have been restored to insider status. I took everyone out of sandbox/retired and restored them to insider.

John
<<

tkd.teacher

Newbie 50+

Post Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:35 pm

mbskeam wrote:my ONLY concern......
when we want to post some of the off the FUCKIN wall stuff. and we do swear a over here. :D :D :D

As far as I know, you assholes can swear all you fucking want over here. Dump some shit out of that sewer you call a mouth and we'll call it all good. :-"

John
<<

bob p

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:40 pm

I'm ready, willing, and able to do what I can to help with the process of merging. It goes without saying that I'm willing to view everything that's occurred in the past as water under the bridge.
Carver Preamps: C-1, C-2, BillD's JVD-modded C-4000, C-9
Carver Amplifiers: BillD's C-500, M-1.5t (4) PM-1.5 (4) M-500t (2)
Repair/Restoration/Upgrade expert for all of these components.
<<

DavidR

Post Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:43 pm

tkd.teacher wrote:
Post away. .................... . I took everyone out of sandbox/retired and restored them to insider.

John

Really?
Last edited by DavidR on Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Family Room (HT): M-1.0t MkII Opt2, BillD modified C-1, TX-11a, Bose 901 series VII, SpeakerCraft CS3, Sony CDP-C325
Office equipment: M-1.0t MkII Opt2, BillD modified C-11, Acoustic Research AR90s, Luxman T-111, Grant Fidelity CD327A, Sony HX-PRO TC-WE635, Sansui SR-212 w/ Shure M97xE, Behringer UFO202, Asus U47A
Son's system: MXR150, Polk RTA12C , Teac DS-H01 universal docking station: iPod, iTouch
Idle Gear: M-500t
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:44 pm

mbskeam wrote:my ONLY concern......

Those are some of the issues we are trying to iron out as we speak.
There will be an ongoing effort to keep some of each forums "identity" but at the same time, bring them together.
It won't be easy I'm sure.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

<<

tkd.teacher

Newbie 50+

Post Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:46 pm

bob p wrote:I'm ready, willing, and able to do what I can to help with the process of merging. It goes without saying that I'm willing to view everything that's occurred in the past as water under the bridge.

I'm sure James will avail himself of that. It's beyond my SQL skills, as I'm more a nuts/bolts programmer than I am a DB admin.

You also are restored, btw.

John
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:57 pm

WOW!!!!!!!............WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

mbskeam

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:00 pm

oh yeah....

we like BOOBIES :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mbskeam

#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"
<<

tkd.teacher

Newbie 50+

Post Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:06 pm

mbskeam wrote:oh yeah....

we like BOOBIES :lol: :lol: :lol:

There you go. \:D/
<<

Robert R

TFM-45

Post Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:13 pm

What seems to be happening is just about what I was striving for all along. I even wrote about it, with a few off the cuff ideas for a combined forum, where you wouldn't have to post your best thoughts twice to reach everybody. But I don't feel all that confident about this quasi-merger, for some reason. I guess I'd like to see a couple of things: A very detailed analysis of what a "short leash" means. And some guarantee that the rules and the format won't change every time the wind blows, and that when they do it will be the decision of more than one person, and will be very prominently publicised, with the reasons for change given - in short, openness.

What about the problem of members who have "low posts" losing privileges? Certainly after some time length of time they should not have to count posts. I'm all for dropping newbies who never post, but even they should be able to rejoin without restriction later on, when they have something to say or ask about. Nobody should be struck off for lack of enthusiasm - given time they might develop some, and become fine members.
RR
Am I able to get PMs now? There are a couple unopened ones, unopened because they don't open unless one is signed in to Carversite, and I didn't even try to do that since the 13th.
Last edited by Robert R on Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You know what folks? I'm happy."
<<

hewlew1

"You Fuckin' Fucks"

Post Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:14 pm

Boobies are OK but I really like the nipples best!
"Carver Audio, why settle for less, just ask my neighbors"
C1,C2,CT3,CT6,CT7/3,CT23,CT26,C4000,The Receiver,M500,M500T/6,M1.5T,TFM24/2,TFM/25/3,TFM35,TFM35X,TFM42/2,DTL200,TDR1700,DPL20,TX11/2, 5.2Center,5.1Sub/3,Original Amazings,Platinum Amazings/2,AL3'S,Polk SDA SRS, Polk SDA 1C's, Polk RTA11's, Polk Monitor 10's/2 ,Monitor 7's, Sunfire 300x2 /5, Sunfire pre, Sunfire MK2 Sub/2, 4 Carverfest monoblocks, Carverfest linestage preamp/2, Mapletree Audio Designs Tube Preamp,Phase Linear Andromeda III speakers, Phase Linear 4000 Preamp, Dahlquist DQ-10's
CERTIFIED AMPLE PLIERS EXPERT
Some of the best fuckings we get during our lifetime come from a relative!
I don't kiss ass, I dont take peoples shit, so dont expect it from me!
<<

tkd.teacher

Newbie 50+

Post Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:23 pm

Robert R wrote:What seems to be happening is just about what I was striving for all along. I even wrote about it, with a few off the cuff ideas for a combined forum, where you wouldn't have to post your best thoughts twice to reach everybody. But I don't feel all that confident about this quasi-merger, for some reason. I guess I'd like to see a couple of things: A very detailed analysis of what a "short leash" means. And some guarantee that the rules and the format won't change every time the wind blows, and that when they do it will be the decision of more than one person, and will be very prominently publicised, with the reasons for change given - in short, openness.

What about the problem of members who have "low posts" losing privileges? Certainly after some time length of time they should not have to count posts. I'm all for dropping newbies who never post, but even they should be able to rejoin without restriction later on, when they have something to say or ask about. Nobody should be struck off for lack of enthusiasm - given time they might develop some, and become fine members.
RR
Am I able to get PMs now? There are a couple unopened ones, unopened because they don't open unless one is signed in to Carversite, and I didn't even try to do that lately.

Robert- You should be restored to insider status now.

I am not making any sweeping changes, but the post count reversion thing is certainly going to be looked at and re-evaluated. The "hit and run" posters may lose some access, but I don't think that someone should lose access just because they don't talk a lot. I will be talking with the moderators (Of whom SteveFord has been reinstated as a moderator) about a lot of that, and you will see changes over the next few weeks as we figure this whole thing out.

As far as a "short leash", I just don't want people that have an axe to grind to show up and start bashing people for no reason, attacking Rich, and just being unpleasant. If you come back, contribute, have some fun and contribute a little, we're all good. If we decide that someone needs to go, it won't be a kristallnacht kind of thing, there will be warnings and the community will know why someone was bounced.

Now, it IS still Rich's board. I am currently an admin, however he retains admin access as well. He has told me to run the board as I see fit for the betterment of the board, which I am trying to do. Rich can still come in and do admin stuff, however the whole reconciliation started with Rich approaching James, so I have some hope that that won't happen (By which I mean him coming in and just demoting people out of the blue kind of stuff).

Let me know if you have access problems, I had to reset hewlew a couple different times to get it to take. YAF admin panels leave something to be desired... :-#

John
<<

Gene C

Newbie 50+

Post Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:41 pm

=D>
Living room...Sunfire TGP-III 11.4 setup 4 Silver Seven t's/Infinity Kappa 9A (main)/ 4 TFM-45's/ CRS3 (main) /Sunfire CRS3C (center)/Pro-Ject RPM 5.1 v2/Jolida JD-9 II /Apple TV/Wadia 171i/SD/A-490T /WA6/Infinity PS-312 sub & Sunfire Signature Sub (rear)/2 Martin Logan Dynamo 1000 watt subs (front)/AV-806X/4 Infinity C255ES bi pole speakers for sur, sur back and side axis/70" Sharp Aquos LC-70LE733U/Oppo BDP-95 Blu-ray/Douglas Interconnects & 9ga speaker cable.

Garage... CT-17/M-0.5t/TFM-15cb/AV-64/AudioSource EQ Eight Series II 4 Infinity micro sl speakers/2 Martin Logan Motion 4/Infinity Entra 12" Sub.
<<

trav0810

TFM-6cb

Post Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:43 pm

My IP is still blocked on the site! :-k I wonder how far this amnesty goes? :-s
PreviousNext

Return to (( Site & Forum Updates ))