FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:52 am

CarverAudio & TheCarverSite Reconciliation

<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:28 pm

Re: CarverAudio & TheCarverSite Reconciliation

bob p wrote:Rich has twisted my comments to say that the process would be "prohibitively expensive:"

We quickly decided that perfect was not going to happen; too many technical and monetary obstacles.

That's not anywhere near close to being what I said, and it's not fair to twist my words to try to negatively shape the opinions of people in a vote.

I think you're confused about who the "we" Rich is referring to in this statement, is. I'm thinking it's probably James & RIch.

Bob, the below is not specifically directed at you, but if the shoe fits...

That said, this is getting entirely too ridiculous.

CalmTheFuckDown.jpg
CalmTheFuckDown.jpg (10.39 KiB) Viewed 773 times

This will eventually be what it''s going to be. It's not going to be all one way or all the other. Those on either end of that spectrum are going to be unhappy. Tough shit.

I don't give a rat's ass if nothing other than what's happened to date changes. They've been good changes.

Also, IT'S A FUCKING AUDIO FORUM. GET A LIFE FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:34 pm

TNRabbit wrote:
bob p wrote:Rich has twisted my comments to say that the process would be "prohibitively expensive:"

We quickly decided that perfect was not going to happen; too many technical and monetary obstacles.

That's not anywhere near close to being what I said, and it's not fair to twist my words to try to negatively shape the opinions of people in a vote.

I think you're confused about who the "we" Rich is referring to in this statement, is. I'm thinking it's probably James & RIch.

Bob, the below is not specifically directed at you, but if the shoe fits...

That said, this is getting entirely too ridiculous.

CalmTheFuckDown.jpg

This will eventually be what it''s going to be. It's not going to be all one way or all the other. Those on either end of that spectrum are going to be unhappy. Tough shit.

I don't give a rat's ass if nothing other than what's happened to date changes. They've been good changes.

Also, IT'S A FUCKING AUDIO FORUM. GET A LIFE FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well said Gary. There is a lot of energy being wasted.
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!
<<

Retriever

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:36 pm

I for one understand the technical hurdles to overcome, as for which solution is best its not for me to say.
I like the Idea of a merger, but as I'm from small town USA, I do appreciate the feel of a smaller board.
Merge, don't merge, we will deal with it, But, I for one like the detante between both boards.
Perhaps it's because my OCCD enjoys company.

Haven't posted here much in the past year, that is due to only one person replying to my initial post
TNRabbit. He told me the geeky types live elseware...

Regards
James
<<

bob p

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:44 pm

> I think you're confused about who the "we" Rich is referring to in this statement, is. I'm thinking it's probably James & RIch.

I guess you don't know that I was asked to perform the data conversion. So no, I'm not mistaken and no, the shoe does not fit.
Carver Preamps: C-1, C-2, BillD's JVD-modded C-4000, C-9
Carver Amplifiers: BillD's C-500, M-1.5t (4) PM-1.5 (4) M-500t (2)
Repair/Restoration/Upgrade expert for all of these components.
<<

radioeng2

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:50 pm

Hey! Wait a doggone minute here!

There's a few folks around here that know the difference between ROM and RAM. And know how to twist the wires together too!! I've burned my fingers on an iron more than once....

I don't see how the merged forum would be all that big. Not as long as every square pixel of the page doesn't have to be stuffed with something as it is now. Half the people are shared and most the categories are common too.

Mark
<<

Robert R

TFM-45

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:52 pm

Sorry guys, but I don't see fighting for freedom as a waste. It's messy, but now and then you have to do it, or just get used to being shit on. Americans all came here from all over because they didn't like taking shit from big shots - it's about that simple. And some of us still feel that way.

Gary, you resigned from that forum - what changed your mind - Rich's hinted-at promises to reform everything? He got us all to shut up, but what's to keep those new changes in place, with him in the position to appoint or can whichever mod he wants? You can trust him if you like - it seems like the easy and comfortable thing to do right now. But not all of us buy it. Now is the time to fix it, not later.

RobertR
"You know what folks? I'm happy."
<<

frankieD

Frankie The Mouth

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:38 pm

I/m sorry guys, I posted this in another thread but I restate it here.

I have no axe to grind with either Forum. I don't care for any site that "requires" me to post or messes with the content of my posts if I do post.

That being said I don't see ANY BENEFIT to either site by merging them.

They can COEXIST, all that's required is a friendly attitude.

My .02

Does anyone hear me?
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:29 pm

Rodney wrote: TheCarverSite! is a particular environment, one that each and every one of us has worked to shape and in turn it has worked to shape us. That would be sacrificed and it would be very unlikely to resurface under the leadership that has fostered a very different environment, a very different set of circumstances. No reasonable person can possibly expect otherwise. In kind, I cannot stand idly by while 5 years of my daily online existence is about to be executed ~ in favor of what, exactly?

It is indeed a particular environment. One of lies, deceit, deletion, abuse of power, censor shit???..... Awww Hell No They Didin't !!!! ...., banishment, class tiers and more lies. I suppose there will always be some that are weak and fall prey.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:36 pm

I don't think they will do the merger if all the info would be lost. We might end up with what we have , two sites. I'm not against a merger but like quite a few people I have my concerns.
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!
<<

bob p

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:49 pm

It's understandable that people wouldn't want to give up something that they've grown accustomed to, or something that they feel they've earned. Uncertainty scares people who are comfortable with what they have.

Some people might rely on having 15 cyber medals to prove their value to the community and to shore-up their self image and their personal feelings of worth. Those people might end up feeling worthless if they were stripped of all of their adornments and forced into a melting pot where all titles of nobility ceased to exist and everyone was treated equally. Some people might feel uncomfortable and naked in such an environment.

OK, I'm made enough fun of the entire cyber-medal paradigm, so I'll put the tongue-in-cheek stuff aside.

There's nothing wrong with people liking what they have, or being nervous about what they might have to give up in order to establish unity. But what we need to remember is that if we want to unify the community then everyone is going to have to be treated in the same way, and that means that methods will need to be put in place to ensure that people cannot be treated prejudicially. That means that people who think they are special right now are going to have to give something up if the desired goal is a community where everyone is equal, and everyone stands on a level playing field. There's been a lot of talk lately about a melting-pot solution to the forum disunity, where everyone would have to agree to merge and leave the past behind them. Unfortunately, it seems that the melting-pot solution is doomed to failure if some people just refuse the concept of merging, melting, and moving along toward a common new future.
Carver Preamps: C-1, C-2, BillD's JVD-modded C-4000, C-9
Carver Amplifiers: BillD's C-500, M-1.5t (4) PM-1.5 (4) M-500t (2)
Repair/Restoration/Upgrade expert for all of these components.
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:53 pm

Sent to TKD...

terminate my account... and please remove all of my posts. It is clear to me that the only intent is to continue with the way things have always been here and I choose to have no part of it. My return here was because I believed that true change would be forthcoming and instead it is just a changing of the guard...

John

You guys don't need to do what I have done, but it does appear that all they understand is dwindling subscribers....
Carver Statement Reference Monoblocks!!!The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier.[/size]
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:28 pm

See john, i simply do not understant the forward/backward thinking here. Close my account, why? Because ? When we all start to put principles before our personality, then we will make new ground up. But anyway, what do i know.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

Shortcake

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:42 pm

Well I finally got accepted to the other site - posted in the welcome thread and even my welcome post is being moderated.

Have I said lately how much I love you guys. When I joined this site, someone reached out to me, I believe it was Trietz, asking me how all was because they saw me just peeking in the window - and he brought me out of my shell letting me know all was okay and welcoming here. I was petrified because I am not "technical" but I do love my music. Plus I get to tease Harry when possible - notice he never responds to my posts?

Kind of feel irrelevant over there right now and to be honest, I have had too much in my life lately making me feel irrelevant, any more and I may just lose it - seriously.

Some of you I know on FB and when they see I get a little "low" they even poke me to death to cheer me up and coming here is a distraction from my day-to-day, as well as a learning place for me. I hope nothing changes, but if it does, don't allow it to change you guys - any of you. I don't 'know' many of you, but you treat all like family - and families fight, holler, scream, carry on, and chat it up about anything under the sun. Some get that, and some don't.

This site gets that. You learn more with that environment.

Okay, now I say boobies and get off my soapbox. Smooches!
It is cruel, you know, that music should be so beautiful. It has the beauty of loneliness of pain: of strength and freedom. The beauty of disappointment and never-satisfied love. The cruel beauty of nature and everlasting beauty of monotony. - Benjamen Britten
<<

trav0810

TFM-6cb

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:49 pm

I must have misunderstood the purpose of this all from the beginning. I didn't realize, at first, that it was about merging the sites. I just thought it was about a free exchange of ideas, information, and resources between the two sites.

I'm not a fan of the "posting for status" or the whole cyber medal thing. But if Rich does step away from the administration of the site, I am not sure how much of a role either of these things will play in the future. I, personally, don't have an issue with keeping the two sites separate and distinct.
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:03 pm

You know, with so many personalities, it may be better to leave well enough alone. The more i communicate with some folks i do not know personally, the more i see why there are two sites. A total shame.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
PreviousNext

Return to (( Site & Forum Updates ))