Why am I not logged on automatically?

Upcoming changes to be made to the forum
treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Why am I not logged on automatically?

Post by treitz3 » Thu May 08, 2008 9:25 pm

Why am I not logged on automatically on each visit like it used to be? Is there a setting I can change to make this happen?

I fly from business to other forums and back from time to time and having to type in my login is becoming a pain? What options do I have, if any?
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Toy Maker
Puppet Master

Re: Why am I not logged on automatically?

Post by Toy Maker » Fri May 09, 2008 12:45 am

I'm sure it has NOTHING to do with your other post.... :roll:
treitz3 wrote:
OBI56 wrote:
treitz3 wrote:Ummm, for the completely....and I do mean completely illiterate computer operator, how do you use IE while using FF? IE gives me WAYYYYY too many issues on me 'puter. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Forgive my ignorance Treitz, but what is FF? FireFox?
Yes Sir. Firefox. I'll try to figure out what else you said when I'm off the beer or twelve I'm on.

TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend

Post by TNRabbit » Fri May 09, 2008 2:31 am

Didn't you have this issue before, Tom?

At the login page, put a check in the little "remember me" box below your login. Also, Firefox will remember passwords, but if you ever hit the "Never for this site" when it popped up, it won't do that.
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

Toy Maker
Puppet Master

Post by Toy Maker » Fri May 09, 2008 9:15 am

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Post by treitz3 » Fri May 16, 2008 11:55 pm

It has nothing to do with the other post. I have the new addy. I still have to log in manually. I've checked the box for the automatic thingy and I still have to manually log in. BTW, I still have 2 messages "unread" that I have read countless times. Something is screwed up. It's not Firefox, because I have had it since I joined with no issues. The issues came with the upgrade.

Here's how I used to be able to log in........I hit "Bookmark", "Audio Forums", "Carver Forum" and a screen would prompt me to log in. I hit "enter", I was in. Done deal.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

tomstat
SILVER-7t

Post by tomstat » Sat May 17, 2008 4:33 am

Tom, have you installed an adblocker or privacy preserving program that erases cookies or activated the cookie deletion feature of FireFox when closing the window? Auto login functionality on this forum is provided by a persistent cookie on your computer, which if deleted, requires that you sign in again.
ImageImage

BillD
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend
Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post by BillD » Sat May 17, 2008 9:36 am

I have a cookie removal tool set up (FIrefox will also delete cookies on exit if told). Anyway, to overcome this, I've asked Firefox (or is it Billeo - I can't remember which I used), to autofill my user name and password each time asked. So, I'm asked each time I log in and each time it's filled automatically.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

tomstat
SILVER-7t

Post by tomstat » Sat May 17, 2008 8:53 pm

I've never examined the cookie for content, but if it is a "forever cookie" you could try setting it to read only. I've never tried this, but if the deletion policy doesn't "force" the cookie to be deleted, that might overcome the inconvenience of having to resubmit credentials every new session.
ImageImage

Toy Maker
Puppet Master

Post by Toy Maker » Sat May 24, 2008 12:00 pm

Just thought I'd drop a bomb on Tom.... love you man...

FUCKING TARD !!! STOP LOGGING OUT EVERY TIME YOU LEAVE THE FORUM :roll:
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu :lol:

HAHAHAH... Was on the phone with him, and he kept logging out while trying to figure out why the forum wouldn't keep him logged in.

Dee Dee Dee !!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXju2l815rY

HEHEEHEH HAHAHAHAH

Anyone got any other impossible problems you need me to solve for you !?!?!? HAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH

Can't wait to see what he comes back with :shock:

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Post by treitz3 » Sat May 24, 2008 1:05 pm

Image ......... :D

Haha, ok you got me on that one. I don't know what you folks see, but I am now permanently logged into the forum....so if you see me online here, it doesn't mean that I'm actually online. I used to be able to log out and right back in within seconds. I'd hit Bookmarks/Carver forum/Log in/Enter and whalla, I was back in. Four buttons to hit and my hand never left the mouse.

The way it is now, if I log out I have to add in my user name and password along with all of the other buttons as well. So, long story short. Problem solved. Please don't get upset if you "see" me online and you don't get an immediate response because I may not actually be online. Hell, I may not even be in the house or state for that matter.

I'm still not logged on automatically but I don't care. As far as I'm concerned I am. More convenient than it was before! Two buttons now! Bookmarks/Carver forum and I'm in like Flynn baby! \:D/ *5*

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Post by treitz3 » Sat May 24, 2008 1:08 pm

Bill and Tomstat, thanks for your input but honestly I have no idea how to do what you suggested. ](*,)

BillD
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend
Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post by BillD » Sat May 24, 2008 1:32 pm

If you use Firefox, in the bar at the top go to Tools, select Options then choose Security in the Options box. Under Passwords, click Remember passwords for sites. You can add exceptions or a master password (would kinda defeat what you want to do). Once you've logged in, it should remember it an fill it in when you log in again.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Post by treitz3 » Sat May 24, 2008 1:47 pm

BillD wrote:If you use Firefox, in the bar at the top go to Tools, select Options then choose Security in the Options box. Under Passwords, click Remember passwords for sites. You can add exceptions or a master password (would kinda defeat what you want to do). Once you've logged in, it should remember it an fill it in when you log in again.
Thanks Bill! I didn't add a master password, but I was able to delete the carveraudio out of the password saved listings. Once I logged out and tried to log back in, this time I checked the "Do you want FireFox to remember your password?" box and filled in the user name and password like normal. THIS time, I got that prompt I am familiar with seeing asking me if I wanted FireFox to remember the password, Hit yes and I was in. Logged back out to see if it worked and whalla, the user name and password was there! Yay!

I appreciate the time you took to help out. Issue solved once and for all. Thank you.

tomstat
SILVER-7t

Post by tomstat » Sat May 24, 2008 7:08 pm

treitz3 wrote:Bill and Tomstat, thanks for your input but honestly I have no idea how to do what you suggested. ](*,)
Sorry, Tom. Looks like Bill got you squared away.

Just remember if you are prompted to clear private data when you exit FF, uncheck the "saved passwords" box if it is checked or it will clear the password again.
ImageImage

Return to “(( Site & Forum Updates ))”