FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:31 am

Greetings to All Carver Fans

<<

Backtothe80s

Post Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:09 am

Re: Greetings to All Carver Fans

Thanks again to all for your warm welcome. As suggested, I visited the section of the forum where Carver manuals are said to be available, and read the "instructions" there. I must admit that I'm confused in a world-class way. I cannot download the manual, or even request it, as I haven't met the 50 post requirement. I'm just a proud Carver owner who wants an owner's manual for his amp. Isn't it in everyone's best interest to get these manaulas into the hands of the interested owners? Without me searching through the forum, and with all respect, is there anyone who can explain why it's so difficult to get a TFM-55x manual? What is the benefit of witholding? Again...I ask these questions in a very respectful way, and am not intending to ridicule the system. I just want to understand.
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:14 pm

You could say that we like to get to know you first.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

elgrau

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:54 pm

Yeah, we don't "put out" on the 1st date! :lol: I don't make the rules, Backto, but they are there for a reason! Stick around; enjoy the Carver info and talk; time flies when you're having fun!
Family room: 400 disk changer with PS Audio Digital Link III DAC; Technics SL-1100A TT. QED Quenx1 IC's from DAC & TT to Adcom GTP-602 preamp/Tuner. AudioQuest King Cobra IC's from preamp to M1.0t mk-II opt2. QED Silver Spirals 4M wires to EPI 1000’s.
Living room: AudioQuest Black Mamba 8M IC's from family room preamp to Barcus-Berry 2002R Sonic Maximizer to GlowPower Zyxt IC's to Sunfire 300x2 to Nordost 6M bi-source wires to AOS 28" MDF spherical speakers using six 8" woofers and eight 1" dome tweeters symm. arranged around the surface.
SS system: CX-995V DVD to AV-705x 5 channel amp (center/rears) & M1.0t mk-II opt2(fronts).
Garage: TLM-3600 CDP to MXR150 Receiver (pre) to TFM-42 to EPI 400 speakers.
<<

Jag_97470

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:43 pm

corkdust wrote:Welcome to the Forum! I couldn't afford an XKE either, had to settle for a 65 Mini. But I'm making up for it with Carver gear. Now if I could just find some broads....

I hate to tell you this, but I think your on the wrong forum for that! But then again, if you have a killer stereo system > If you build it > They (babes) will come! \:D/
<<

Backtothe80s

Post Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:22 am

Thanks, guys. I can certainly do without the manual for a while. The only thing I'm gonna do immediately is replace the meter bulbs, and I don't need a manual for that. On a very positive note, I've now had the tfm55x in place driving the SRS2s for about a month (it replaced an Adcom 555), and I'm very pleased with the results. Overall, I find it smooth, powerful, and able to image quite well. One day I may do a quick A/B comparison by listening to the same source material, but haven't gotten around to it yet.
Previous

Return to "The Welcome Mat"