FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:35 pm

Greetings From Steubenville, Ohio

<<

dok

M-400t CUBE

Post Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:22 pm

Re: Greetings From Steubenville, Ohio

WELCOME Bill! Enjoy the site and the good folks here.
I may not have it all together...But together we have it all!
<<

Dreamer

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:48 pm

Welcome to to the forum, Bill. I grew up in the Northern Panhandle of WV, so I know all about the Ohio Valley area. In fact, I bought my first Carver amp from a dealer in Wheeling in the late 1980's....

I still have family living in Wheeling (my sister and her family), and visit them several times a year. Maybe the next time I'm out that way, we could arrange a "listening day" at your house. I love the sound of Carver and Polk, and I'm sure you have a great rig.

Now that we've all welcomed you, you need to post pics of your rig. We LOVE pictures!!!

We've shown you ours, now you show us yours... ;)

--Richard
.....HT Rig • Sony STR-DG600 Receiver • Carver M-500t • Sony BDP-S1 • Sony DVP-NS3100ES • Apple Airport Express •
..............................• Martin Logan Scenarios, Logos • Realistic Minimus 7's • Velodyne F-1500b •

2 Ch. Rig • Carver C-4000t • Silver 7t's • Krell KAV-300i • Oppo DV-981HD • Benchmark DAC1-USB • MacBook Pro 17", iTunes •
......• Technics SL-1350 turntable with Sumiko headshell, leads, and Bluepoint cartridge • Martin Logan Sequels •

.........................................................-+-Click Here to see my system-+-
<<

Paden501

Post Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:05 pm

Hey Bill. Good to see you here. I love this little migration of us polkies to the carver forum. Hope we all make some new friends here.

I'm with the rest. Lets see some photos!
~Matt
-----------------My System------------------
Front L/R: Polk Audio SDA-1C
Center: Polk Audio CS350LS
Surrounds -Polk Audio Monitor 5Bs & Monitor 4As
Sub: KLH Audio KSW8
Pre: Carver CT-17
HTR: Onkyo TX-DS777
CD: Carver SD/A-450
Turntable: Pioneer PL-516 W/ Shure M97xe
L/R Amp: Pioneer SA7700 (1978)
TV: Panasonic Tau PT-47X54
<<

beemers417

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:11 pm

Bill and Matt. We will be showing all the fest photos at the Pittsburgh Chapter OCCD meeting this Saturday night. 8) 8) 8)
Gunter the wonder dog is watching you...
<<

BB3

M-400t CUBE

Post Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:34 am

Dreamer wrote:Welcome to to the forum, Bill. I grew up in the Northern Panhandle of WV, so I know all about the Ohio Valley area. In fact, I bought my first Carver amp from a dealer in Wheeling in the late 1980's....

I still have family living in Wheeling (my sister and her family), and visit them several times a year. Maybe the next time I'm out that way, we could arrange a "listening day" at your house. I love the sound of Carver and Polk, and I'm sure you have a great rig.

Now that we've all welcomed you, you need to post pics of your rig. We LOVE pictures!!!

We've shown you ours, now you show us yours... ;)

--Richard

My god what a small world Richard. You can stop by anytime you want Rich and thank you for the compliments.-----Bill
Carver Gear : C-9, C-16, C-19, 4-TFM55's, 2-TFM35's, 1-TFM25, 2-Silver 7-T's, 490T.

Non Carver Gear : Anthem AVM50V, Anthem Pre2L, Sonic Frontiers SFCD-1, Denon DCD1560, Panasonic DMK23, Sony BDP-S350, Sony PS3, Sony 52" XBR-6, Sony 32" XBR-6, Nintendo Wii

Speakers : Polk Audio : SDA-SRS, SDA-SRS 1.2TL, SDA-CRS+, RTA-15TL, 3- Velodyne F-1500's
<<

BB3

M-400t CUBE

Post Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:52 am

Paden501 wrote:Hey Bill. Good to see you here. I love this little migration of us polkies to the carver forum. Hope we all make some new friends here.

Thanks Matt. You guy's have to give me a little time with the pictures. Lets just say a certain room of mine is under major renovation......

I've had to tear up carpet so that I can extend the black wood floor into the rest of the room. I still need to run speaker cable and alot of it , which isn't going to be an easy task because I'm going to have to drill through the concrete floor(the room is over my garage) and run it backup through the backside of the floor for the rear surrounds(SDA-SRS 1.2TL's)which will be Bi-Amped with 2 TFM25's. Run speaker cable for the side surrounds(RTA15TL's) these are at the far sides of the room and will be powered by 1 TFM25.

The front speakers(SDA-SRS's) for the right and left channels will be the easiest since there will be no drilling through floors involved, thank goodness, and will be Bi-Amped with 2 TFM35's. Integrating those 2 Velodynes of mine isn't going to be easy either......mainly because of where I want them it's going to take at least an 18 to 20 foot Sub Cable to connect them.... ](*,)

I still need to purchase 2 Center Channel speakers(was thinking Polk LSI-C's because they can be wall mounted and are gloss piano black, which will match the frame of the Sony XBR) and purchase 2 more Amps from Tom(beemers417) 2 TFM15CB's with each one run mono.
I wish I was done........purchase new equipment racks, extra power conditioners with battery backups and A/V Interconnects along with one really long HDMI Cable(remember it will have to run from front and back of the room too and thers no way I'm getting it there with the floor already installed), so I can make provisions for a future Sony Projector install.(Thats always been a dream of mine to have a projector)

The biggest negative I face of course is money [-o< and the amount of hours I work #-o to get all of extra things I need purchased and installed.

The best news is I've got 2 friends in the "Toms" beemers417 and thuffman03 that are both willing to help me get everything coordinated and hooked up. Thank God For Them. =D>

Thank you guys for taking the time read this and hopefully you understand my dilemma.------BILL (BB3)

I
Carver Gear : C-9, C-16, C-19, 4-TFM55's, 2-TFM35's, 1-TFM25, 2-Silver 7-T's, 490T.

Non Carver Gear : Anthem AVM50V, Anthem Pre2L, Sonic Frontiers SFCD-1, Denon DCD1560, Panasonic DMK23, Sony BDP-S350, Sony PS3, Sony 52" XBR-6, Sony 32" XBR-6, Nintendo Wii

Speakers : Polk Audio : SDA-SRS, SDA-SRS 1.2TL, SDA-CRS+, RTA-15TL, 3- Velodyne F-1500's
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:51 pm

BB3 wrote:
Paden501 wrote:Hey Bill. Good to see you here. I love this little migration of us polkies to the carver forum. Hope we all make some new friends here.

Thanks Matt. You guy's have to give me a little time with the pictures. Lets just say a certain room of mine is under major renovation......

I've had to tear up carpet so that I can extend the black wood floor into the rest of the room. I still need to run speaker cable and alot of it , which isn't going to be an easy task because I'm going to have to drill through the concrete floor(the room is over my garage) and run it backup through the backside of the floor for the rear surrounds(SDA-SRS 1.2TL's)which will be Bi-Amped with 2 TFM25's. Run speaker cable for the side surrounds(RTA15TL's) these are at the far sides of the room and will be powered by 1 TFM25.

The front speakers(SDA-SRS's) for the right and left channels will be the easiest since there will be no drilling through floors involved, thank goodness, and will be Bi-Amped with 2 TFM35's. Integrating those 2 Velodynes of mine isn't going to be easy either......mainly because of where I want them it's going to take at least an 18 to 20 foot Sub Cable to connect them.... ](*,)

I still need to purchase 2 Center Channel speakers(was thinking Polk LSI-C's because they can be wall mounted and are gloss piano black, which will match the frame of the Sony XBR) and purchase 2 more Amps from Tom(beemers417) 2 TFM15CB's with each one run mono.
I wish I was done........purchase new equipment racks, extra power conditioners with battery backups and A/V Interconnects along with one really long HDMI Cable(remember it will have to run from front and back of the room too and thers no way I'm getting it there with the floor already installed), so I can make provisions for a future Sony Projector install.(Thats always been a dream of mine to have a projector)

The biggest negative I face of course is money [-o< and the amount of hours I work #-o to get all of extra things I need purchased and installed.

The best news is I've got 2 friends in the "Toms" beemers417 and thuffman03 that are both willing to help me get everything coordinated and hooked up. Thank God For Them. =D>

Thank you guys for taking the time read this and hopefully you understand my dilemma.------BILL (BB3)

I

Your in trouble now. :lol: :lol:
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

thuffman03

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:12 pm

beemers417 and I will help BB3 get everything setup and start pumping about 10 watts of power out of his system and someone from the forum will be knocking on the door saying we can't be playing our system so loud.

Oh wait. That was Carverfest.........BB3 might just have his neighbors stop in with the police and get us all arested for distrubing the peace. :lol:
Some cool Carver stuff!
<<

BB3

M-400t CUBE

Post Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:23 pm

thuffman03 wrote:beemers417 and I will help BB3 get everything setup and start pumping about 10 watts of power out of his system and someone from the forum will be knocking on the door saying we can't be playing our system so loud.

Oh wait. That was Carverfest.........BB3 might just have his neighbors stop in with the police and get us all arested for distrubing the peace. :lol:

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE...........YOU'RE RIGHT TOM :D

Previous

Return to "The Welcome Mat"