Post Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:59 am

New to group but not to the gear!

Hi Everybody,

I'm new to the group but have been visiting for years. I've owned a lot of Carver gear, sold some of it, bought more and have always loved it.

What Bob Carver has done for "working class" audiophiles is, in my opinion, roughly as significant as what Henry Ford did for automobiles.

I sometimes worry that our hobby is being overan by generations of people who either don't care about or can't hear a difference (But the WAL-MART HT box SAYS 1000 watts! See?????) I guess that's always been the same and I've just grown into to seeing it.

I was 25 when I bought my first preamp/amp combo (A C-2 and a M-400t cube) and I've owned a set of M1.0ts a C-1, a C-9. and a TX-11a.

I currently own/use:
2 TX-11-1 ACCD units
A-760x
A-753x
A-220
and a Sunfire Stereo Signature and a set of Amazings.

I've really come to admire those A series amps, as I believe they did inherit some engineering DNA from the Lightstar stuff. (As did the Sunfire, perhaps!)

Has there ever been a discussion about the sly TM'ing of names and devices between the two companies?

For Example:

TDC can mean (Sunfire) Tracking Downconverter or (Carver) Total Direct Coupling.

or the names themselves?

Sunfire vs. Lightstar?

BTW, The surrounds are various Late '80's/early 90's Polks and I built my own sets (2of2) of "Hsu" type 15" externally powered (760x) subs.

It's great stuff and I'm glad to have found such a great place to share enthusiam over this great gear with fellow audiophiles!

Best,

Rick