FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:07 pm

NEW HERE!!

<<

CadenceStarr

Post Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:55 pm

NEW HERE!!

Hi there! I own a pair of Carver Amazing Loudspeakers. They have been in my family for over 20 years. My parents bought them when I was 11. I recently bought them from my parents cause I couldnt stand to see them go somewhere else. They also gave me the receiver and amp in which he had been using to push them over the years as well. I am not sure of any of the specs, but they sure are amazing!! I love them!! I am here to just learn more about them and see what else is out there. THANKS!
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:05 pm

Re: NEW HERE!!

Welcome to Carver. Be forewarned, your journey down the rabbit hole is just beginning. Enjoy the ride.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

stevewithrow

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:14 pm

Welcome from Carver country...!!!
<<

CadenceStarr

Post Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:36 pm

Thanks for the welcome guys!! I can say this. The receiver is a Marantz and the amp is a Dynaco Stereo 400 Series II. I just need to ask my dad exactly what the specs are. There is one problem I am having. When we hooked everything up, the receiver isn't adjusting the volume. The volume isnt working and we cant figure out why. I know it works cause I have enjoyed them for over 20 years. I think somewhere we messed up. Help?
<<

bsturgeon89

TFM-55

Post Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:38 pm

CadenceStarr wrote:Hi there! I own a pair of Carver Amazing Loudspeakers. They have been in my family for over 20 years. My parents bought them when I was 11. I recently bought them from my parents cause I couldnt stand to see them go somewhere else. They also gave me the receiver and amp in which he had been using to push them over the years as well. I am not sure of any of the specs, but they sure are amazing!! I love them!! I am here to just learn more about them and see what else is out there. THANKS!

Well damn, you had to buy these from your parents? Just doesn't sound right to me. I woulda laid a guilt trip on them. Mooom...Daaad...I'm your son! Please, can't I just have them. :D

Welcome, I think you'll find you will like this place.
Carverfest 2010 quote...I can't explain it right now, I'm drunk...

GO BUCKEYES
<<

CadenceStarr

Post Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:38 pm

I guess I should add that they work but the volume is just as one spot. Loud! lol
<<

CadenceStarr

Post Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:40 pm

LOL!! I'm their daughter hahaha but yeah I bought them because they were selling everything due to a foreclosure. Enough said. It was worth it to me. I'd hate to see them go anywhere else. How can I post pics??"
<<

bsturgeon89

TFM-55

Post Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:58 pm

CadenceStarr wrote:LOL!! I'm their daughter hahaha but yeah I bought them because they were selling everything due to a foreclosure. Enough said. It was worth it to me. I'd hate to see them go anywhere else. How can I post pics??"

I understand. I wouldn't want them to go anywhere either.

Post pics is easy.

When you reply or post to a thread, scroll all the way down and you will see a tab to the right saying "attachment". Click on it and then go to the file you want to upload from your pc and click attach. It will upload and then all you have to do is click post.

I think thats how ya do it. Maybe someone can explain it better than me.
Carverfest 2010 quote...I can't explain it right now, I'm drunk...

GO BUCKEYES
<<

CadenceStarr

Post Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:27 pm

Ok, took a few pics. As you can prolly see, there are stains on the left one due to my kids!!! I'd really like to get new fabric for them. Marantz receiver and Dynaco Stereo 400 Series II, don't know any specs :-/
SPEAKERS 001.jpg
Set up. Kinda messy with the computer.
SPEAKERS 001.jpg (1.67 MiB) Viewed 721 times
SPEAKERS 004.jpg
SPEAKERS 004.jpg (1.36 MiB) Viewed 721 times
SPEAKERS 008.jpg
Marantz receiver/Dynaco amp
SPEAKERS 008.jpg (1.55 MiB) Viewed 721 times
<<

thuffman03

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:43 pm

Very nice CadenceStarr. Welcome to the forum. Glad you were able to save these great set of speakers and very nice system.
Some cool Carver stuff!
<<

CadenceStarr

Post Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:57 pm

Thank you very much!!
<<

Jag_97470

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:14 am

Welcome to the forum, this is a great place to be with wonderful and very knowledgeable people. I have learned a lot being on this forum. I'm glad your parents let you purchase these! If I had to sell off my stereo gear my kids would be the first I would want to purchase. Enjoy, and look forward to more of your post. :D
<<

gdb

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:01 am

Which set of output terminals are you using on the receiver (going to amp)? They should be marked as "pre out" or something like that. I think that if you're hooked into the "tape out" terminals, the volume will be at full level. Oh, and welcome !! :D
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:08 am

Please resize your pictures, way too large.

gdb, I do believe you hit the nail on the head.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:16 am

Welcome, CadenceStarr~
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
Next

Return to "The Welcome Mat"