FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:11 am

I JUST DON'T GET IT !!!!

<<

mjjr1956

Post Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:07 am

I JUST DON'T GET IT !!!!

I belong to the Klipsch Community and own carver and McIntosh equipment, but this site seems to be the most difficult site to join, post, or get any help...also the most unorganized place I have been to..Took me 5 days just to join, then find out I have to post 50 posts, just to get information on the carver equipment I own. So far, this site has driven me to the point of selling all my Carver and keeping my McIntosh. What am I doing wrong? or is it just this way. This site has really gotten off to a bad start with me. My girlfriend has purchased several pieces of carver for herself and her son because I was bragging on how great it was !!. Tomorrow I am telling her to sell all the Carver junk and buy McIntosh, just because of your stupid rules and the way you treat new members.
M500T, TCF-15cb, SD/A-360 cd, TD-1400 cassette, Phase Linear 400, McIntosh MC-2105, C-32, C-39, MCD7008, CR10, Empire 598III Turntable W/ Shure, Magnavox tube amps (5),SPEAKERS- Klipsch K-Horns, LaScala, Cornwall, Heresy, AR9SLi, JBL 4311b, and too much more to bore you...
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:40 am

Re: I JUST DON'T GET IT !!!!

What exactly is it that you want?

...besides to whine like a little bitch?
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:52 am

Sorry to hear you have not felt welcome and had difficulty joining. There are actually many wonderful, knowledgeable, and fun people here. I would also like to express that I hope you don't let your unpleasant experience thus far reflect on to the Carver gear that you own, after all your stereo isn't to blame. I would also like you to know that Mr. Carver is one of the nicest people you will ever meet, and you can find that out for yourself if you ever have to send a piece of your gear to the repair shop he opened specifically for those of us who love his original Carver equipment. He is always gracious enough to personally autograph any gear that you would like to have autographed, and the best part is he is so humble about it all. You wouldn't believe how many notable/famous people I've met during my 24 years in racing. Mr. Carver is one of the few notable people I've met who is truly honored by your asking him to sign a piece of your gear. As far as the 50 post thing that has you upset.... You don't need 50 posts to get answers, help, and info from any of us, all you need to do is ask. :D Someone will always try to help you if they can, and if they can't they are likely to get you with someone who can. The 50 post thing developed for people who were wanting copies of service or owners manuals sent to them, and the reason for that was because there were some new guys who got their manuals from us (for free) and then a few days later had them listed on Ebay :x So the 50 post thing is there because most A$$holes who do stuff like that are not willing to hang around long enough to hit their 50 for the purpose of getting a free manual to sell on Ebay. I hope that's a good enough explanation for you. So welcome aboard and if you just give the guys a minute to get to know you there is a good chance you will become good friends with some of us. Sincerely,
Rainman

Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:56 am

Welcome. You have 1 post. What questions do you have? A lot of great people here with lots of knowledge. Carver gear is great. I hope you stay and enjoy the fellowship we have here.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:58 am

Welcome to the club,, please post your questions,,I think that you'll be surprised at how quickly you get answers,, also,a little snippet about your gear would help..pic's are always appreciated,,remember,folks here have real jobs too,, so you might have to wait a few hours until you get your answer. Welcome aboard.
<<

kingman

Post Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:31 am

What Carver gear are you interested in and what does your girlfriend own? :-s
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

Jag_97470

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:26 am

Welcome to the forum mjjr1956! I am a little confused with your post and being your "first post"? maybe you just misunderstood the rules? You don't have to reach 50 post to ask a question. Stick around awhile and you will see this place is actually a great place to be. :D
<<

BillD

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:37 am

Gary expressed my sentiments — exactly
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:47 am

mjjr1956 wrote:I belong to the Klipsch Community and own carver and McIntosh equipment, but this site seems to be the most difficult site to join, post, or get any help...also the most unorganized place I have been to..Took me 5 days just to join, then find out I have to post 50 posts, just to get information on the carver equipment I own. So far, this site has driven me to the point of selling all my Carver and keeping my McIntosh. What am I doing wrong? or is it just this way. This site has really gotten off to a bad start with me. My girlfriend has purchased several pieces of carver for herself and her son because I was bragging on how great it was !!. Tomorrow I am telling her to sell all the Carver junk and buy McIntosh, just because of your stupid rules and the way you treat new members.

Others have been more than kind, but I am of the opinion that you are only interested in starting some sort of shitstorm. I find your post to be way over the top personally. FIVE DAYS to join??? I call BS as it only took me a few minutes. The reason for 50 posts is to sell gear in the members areas and the fact that others here have worked very hard to build the site's database. It is only reasonable that you and others contribute a bit before gaining access to that work. It also helps to weed out those individuals that don't give a damn about the gear and are only interested in making personal gains off the work of others, and most importantly, helps keep Dickheads like you out in the first place. As others have said, if you were to simply ask, you would get a reply from someone here within a very short period of time.

I also doubt your going to sell your Carver gear and buy anything else. I am willing to bet you do not own a single piece of Carver/Sunfire/Phase Linear gear in the first place. If Mcintosh was in your budget from the beginning, you would have bought that from the get-go.

As with any community online, there are standards and rules that should be followed and respected. Please hang around and contribute a bit, These are great people here and are quite helpful. If you are unable or unwilling to do so, please do not let the door smack you in the ass on the way out.
Last edited by nooshinjohn on Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Carver Statement Reference Monoblocks!!!The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier.[/size]
<<

stevewithrow

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:58 am

Carver junk ??? I will sell my stuff because no one will speak to me??? starting a thread with I just don't get it ??? Then bashing us ?...Hmmmm... [-X ...you sound a bit co-dependent , and they have forums for that to...I buy Sunfire and Carver stuff because I like it , not because what others think , I am offended by your post..... :rolleyes: Sorry bud , but some one needs to hold you accountable.. :-s
<<

elgrau

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:36 pm

Not to overuse the Blazing Saddles references, but this reminds me in the movie where the black sheriff takes HIMSELF prisoner and holds a gun to his OWN head as he tries to make a "getaway". The white trash townfolk were so stupid that they fell for it! mjjr1956, I sincerely hope you stick around and contribute and benefit from this forum, however, we're not that dumb! Your "firesale" of your Carver gear can only benefit those of us who truly enjoy owning it!
Family room: 400 disk changer with PS Audio Digital Link III DAC; Technics SL-1100A TT. QED Quenx1 IC's from DAC & TT to Adcom GTP-602 preamp/Tuner. AudioQuest King Cobra IC's from preamp to M1.0t mk-II opt2. QED Silver Spirals 4M wires to EPI 1000’s.
Living room: AudioQuest Black Mamba 8M IC's from family room preamp to Barcus-Berry 2002R Sonic Maximizer to GlowPower Zyxt IC's to Sunfire 300x2 to Nordost 6M bi-source wires to AOS 28" MDF spherical speakers using six 8" woofers and eight 1" dome tweeters symm. arranged around the surface.
SS system: CX-995V DVD to AV-705x 5 channel amp (center/rears) & M1.0t mk-II opt2(fronts).
Garage: TLM-3600 CDP to MXR150 Receiver (pre) to TFM-42 to EPI 400 speakers.
<<

weitrhino

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:07 pm

kingman wrote:What Carver gear are you interested in and what does your girlfriend own? :-s

Forget that! What does your girlfriend look like? Do you have any naked pictures of her? Would you like to buy some?
<<

gdb

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:38 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

mjjr1956

Post Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:33 pm

OK..!! Ya'll win..Just got P-O'ed after trying for several days to get approved...We just got turned on to Carver...Together, we have M1.0T, C1 preamp, C6 Preamp, TCF-15CB amp, M500T amp, SD/A-360 CD player, TD-1400 Cassette, Phase Linear 400, and we are still collecting. Need a preamp for the phase linear. Thought I might find a manual here for my C-1 Preamp. All the rest is McIntosh. I will not list it because this is a carver site. All I listen to are klipsch speakers.( have many others, JBL, Pioneer, AR9SLi's. We bought the carver for these AR's due to my reading somewhere that the best sounding stereo he ever had was a carver and a pair of AR9SLi's. Well, I already had the AR9SLi's in storage in their original boxes, so got them out and hooked them to the carver. was impressed. I have the utmost respect for Mr. Carver, Mr. Klipsch, Mr. J.B. Lansing, and the other pioneers of American stereo. Have really been looking at his tube amps, due to all other solid state, high wattage, kills my Klipsch high efficiency speakers. Am using Magnavox tube amps paired with Klipschorns and Cornwalls for now and have put the McIntosh solid state amps in the closet. Sorry to offend ya'll, but was late nite and all I wanted was a manual to set my C1 for these AR9's.
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:50 pm

Welcome to the club...

I am hopeful that someone will be kind enough to assist you in your quest for the manual in short order. We have contacts for restoring and repairing you Carver gear when and if needed. Hell, if you ask real nice, Bob himself will sign it for you while it's there.

Because we got off to a rocky start, and you are new here, I think ten Hail Bob's and a couple pictures of your gear will sufice as punishment. :D

BTW... we love all gear here, so Mcintosh, Krell, Levinson or any other gear you own is welcome to be discussed.

Enjoy!

John
Carver Statement Reference Monoblocks!!!The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier.[/size]
Next

Return to "The Welcome Mat"