FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:13 am

I JUST DON'T GET IT !!!!

<<

stevewithrow

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:00 pm

Re: I JUST DON'T GET IT !!!!

mjjr1956 wrote:OK..!! Ya'll win..Just got P-O'ed after trying for several days to get approved...We just got turned on to Carver...Together, we have M1.0T, C1 preamp, C6 Preamp, TCF-15CB amp, M500T amp, SD/A-360 CD player, TD-1400 Cassette, Phase Linear 400, and we are still collecting. Need a preamp for the phase linear. Thought I might find a manual here for my C-1 Preamp. All the rest is McIntosh. I will not list it because this is a carver site. All I listen to are klipsch speakers.( have many others, JBL, Pioneer, AR9SLi's. We bought the carver for these AR's due to my reading somewhere that the best sounding stereo he ever had was a carver and a pair of AR9SLi's. Well, I already had the AR9SLi's in storage in their original boxes, so got them out and hooked them to the carver. was impressed. I have the utmost respect for Mr. Carver, Mr. Klipsch, Mr. J.B. Lansing, and the other pioneers of American stereo. Have really been looking at his tube amps, due to all other solid state, high wattage, kills my Klipsch high efficiency speakers. Am using Magnavox tube amps paired with Klipschorns and Cornwalls for now and have put the McIntosh solid state amps in the closet. Sorry to offend ya'll, but was late nite and all I wanted was a manual to set my C1 for these AR9's.

Thats better ,,,welcome from carver country....!!! =D> =D> =D> =D>
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:06 pm

List all your stuff and pics also. We don't dislike non Carver gear. Good gear is good gear.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:14 am

mjjr1956 wrote:I wanted was a manual to set my C1 for these AR9's.

Here Ya go... http://www.carveraudio.com/manuals/Carv ... Manual.pdf

Welcome !!!
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

edriz

M-400t CUBE

Post Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:25 am

Welcome aboard.

I drive my Klipsch Lascalas with 2 Carver M-400's and I use the Carver C-1 Pre-Amp. You'll have a hard time finding a better pre amp, IMO no matter what amp you pair it with.

And not to piss off any tube amp owners, my lascalas sound absolutely wonderful using my Solid State Carver M-400's.

Even though one day I may consider going to a Tube amp, maybe the Dyno ST-120, that would only be a temporary trial thing. I could and never would replace my Carver amps. Hey, I'd like to own a Carver Tube amp but they are way out of my reach =P~

Anyway, always nice to have a new carver member. Do you also suffer from OCCD?
Currently In Use
Current Rack; Carver M-4.0t Power Amp, Carver C-4000t Pre Amp,Empire 598III Turntable, Denon DL-103R cart/stylus,Pioneer RT-909 Reel To Reel,Nakamichi Dragon cassette deck,DBX Pro Series 231 Dual Channel 31 band EQ,Pioneer PDR-555RW CD,DBX-3bx,Berwun Research 7000A TNE,DBX-224x DS TypeII NR, Klipsch Lascalas "Loud,Proud,Clean & Mean"
<<

Breaking Glass

M-400t CUBE

Post Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:44 am

Wow and I thought I was bad at introducing myself. welcome.
Previous

Return to "The Welcome Mat"