FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:17 am

Hello Everybody!

<<

Jleaja13

Newbie

Posts: 11

Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:24 pm

Post Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:43 pm

Hello Everybody!

Hi, My name is Justin. I have some Magnepan 1.6qr's, and was looking for some good gear to power them with. Hopefully I can do that with carver products! Sems like a really great crowd, Hope to learn and interact with everybody here.

Regards,
Justin
<<

Scarabeo

User avatar

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Posts: 2646

Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:05 pm

Post Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:48 pm

Re: Hello Everybody!

Jleaja13 wrote:Hi, My name is Justin. I have some Magnepan 1.6qr's, and was looking for some good gear to power them with. Hopefully I can do that with carver products! Sems like a really great crowd, Hope to learn and interact with everybody here.

Regards,
Justin

Hello Justin and WELCOME! I would be looking for a Sunfire amplifier to run those 1.6qr's - They are a great match!
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...
<<

Jleaja13

Newbie

Posts: 11

Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:24 pm

Post Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:54 pm

Re: Hello Everybody!

Scarabeo wrote:
Jleaja13 wrote:Hi, My name is Justin. I have some Magnepan 1.6qr's, and was looking for some good gear to power them with. Hopefully I can do that with carver products! Sems like a really great crowd, Hope to learn and interact with everybody here.

Regards,
Justin

Hello Justin and WELCOME! I would be looking for a Sunfire amplifier to run those 1.6qr's - They are a great match!


What about the lightstars? Thats what brought me here. The sheer beuty of that thing, I would polish it up everyday, keep it serviced reguarly, and love it till the end.

Im 23 fellas, been in audio for about 6 years now, found my dream speakers. Now I want to give them te BEST!
<<

TNRabbit

User avatar

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Posts: 13260

Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:53 am

Location: TN Native Languishing in VA

Post Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:13 pm

Re: Hello Everybody!

Good luck finding a Lightstar. They are awesome: in price, build quality, sound, and SCARCITY~
TNRabbit
Image

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

Jleaja13

Newbie

Posts: 11

Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:24 pm

Post Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:16 pm

Re: Hello Everybody!

TNRabbit wrote:Good luck finding a Lightstar. They are awesome: in price, build quality, sound, and SCARCITY~


Im willing to drop the coin!
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Posts: 1702

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:54 pm

Post Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:22 pm

Re: Hello Everybody!

Jleaja13 wrote:
TNRabbit wrote:Good luck finding a Lightstar. They are awesome: in price, build quality, sound, and SCARCITY~


Im willing to drop the coin!

Better to find a Sunfire 600x2 as they are somewhat easier to find and share much of the same design principles. I have been around for several years in this hobby and never knew of Lightstars until I joined this place. I have only ever seen ONE change hands.
Carver Statement Reference Monoblocks!!!Sunfire Signature TGA 7401, Pioneer SC-37 Surround Receiver, Sunfire Classic Vacuum Tube Preamp with Phono Stage, Magnepan MG-20's(main) Polk Audio RM 7500's(surround) Polk Audio CSi-a6 (center) Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, Pioneer Elite PD-DJ9 SACD/CD Player, Sony BDPs-350 BLUray player, LG 42lg50 1080p HDTV, Klipsch Synergy SUB-10 powered subwoofer.[/size]
<<

thuffman03

User avatar

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Posts: 2693

Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:07 am

Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Post Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:48 am

Re: Hello Everybody!

Welcome to the forum! Those are some great speakers you have. You do need a good amp.

If I were you, I would contact beemers417. He some how comes across some great amps at very good prices. He has a vintage HIFI shop in Pittsburgh PA. www.vintagehifishop.com

Let him know what you are looking for and what your budget is and I know he can find it for you.
Some cool Carver stuff!
<<

engtaz

User avatar

"TAZ"

Posts: 5166

Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:43 pm

Location: Tampa, FL

Post Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:07 am

Re: Hello Everybody!

Welcome
engtaz


Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

kingman

User avatar

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Posts: 5532

Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:10 pm

Location: Upstate South Carolina

Post Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:53 am

Re: Hello Everybody!

Welcome Justin!!! =D> =D> =D>
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

Zoot Horn

User avatar

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Posts: 2769

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:26 pm

Location: 4th Tower of Inverness

Post Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:52 am

Re: Hello Everybody!

welcome aboard,,good luck in your hunt for the sunfire.
<<

Jleaja13

Newbie

Posts: 11

Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:24 pm

Post Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:15 pm

Re: Hello Everybody!

Thanks guys for all the welcomes. :D

Return to "The Welcome Mat"

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB © 2011 phpBB Group.