FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:58 pm

Hi to all Carver fans

<<

Olaf Eggert

Post Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:04 am

Hi to all Carver fans

Hi Carver fans,
I am new to this forum and should like to say hello to all those who like HiFi, musical and radio dramas.
Live in Germany, am 55 and like people like Bob Carver who are, in my personal opinion, of much greater
importance as all the politicians worldwide who can be heard in the news from day to day.
You can read me via Skype and I should be glad get to know persons who share my interests,
Kind regards
Olaf Eggert
<<

gdb

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:33 am

Re: Hi to all Carver fans

Guten tag Olaf, willkommen!!! :D send us bier !!!!!! :lol:
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:52 am

Welcome
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:49 am

Welcome from the Southland!!! =D> \:D/ =D>
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

thuffman03

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:24 pm

Welcome to the forum!
Some cool Carver stuff!
<<

Olaf Eggert

Post Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:01 pm

Hi forum members,

if you were offered an "Amazing Carver" for a price which meets the price of a MAGNEPAN MG-20. What
would you do then ??? Can "The Amazing Carver" still be repaired or, if a damage occurs, does it mean
that you can throw it away ?

In two or three months I will buy the Carver Silver Six mono amps. In Berlin there is someone who does
maintenance to Carver amps. So this component will not be critical.

I am 55 now and work as a SAP basis and ORACLE / DB2 DB administrator, respectively. My passion is
the production of radio dramas. I wrote a manuscript for a SciFi endtime drama. Its title : Mirror Protocol. Perhaps I can realize it in some years. Its costs will be enormous. Around 80000 US$. It is written in German, for the time being. In some years, most probably, I will look for someone to rewrite
it in English.

When I heard the name of Bob Carver for the first time I was a fairly young man without the possibiliy
to buy those phantastic components. Now I am fairly old and Bob Carver does not live anymore. If I
understood right his secretary organized maintenance for some years until she died, too.

Perhaps I will have the opportunity to take part in this year`s meeting. Would be glad to get to know
nice persons so far who use Skype.

Kind regards
Olaf Eggert
<<

DaveS

The OverLord of CarverAudio.com

Post Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:50 pm

http://www.carveraudio.com/CarverFest/0 ... C01966.jpg

As you can see Bob is alive and well. Here he is at CarverFest 09, he`s the guy on the right. We talked to him two days ago on the phone so he either has one heck of a cellphone service or he`s still alive.

NOT bad for a dead guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
download/file.php?id=3055

Never... EVER... ask Bob to work on your tube amp !!!!
http://www.carveraudio.com/CarverFest/0 ... C02024.jpg

We found Tom a new arm-rest... @ 5'-19" what would he have done without the new Patented Bob Carver Arm-Rest ??
http://www.carveraudio.com/CarverFest/0 ... C02064.jpg
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests”.
- Patrick Henry
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:25 pm

Olaf Eggert wrote:Hi forum members,
Now I am fairly old and Bob Carver does not live anymore. If I
understood right his secretary organized maintenance for some years until she died, too.
Kind regards
Olaf Eggert

:shock: :shock: :shock: BOB CARVER's DEAD ????? :shock: :shock: :shock:

I better call him and let him know :lol:

Olaf Eggert,
Bob is very much alive and well. He will be attending CarverFest 2010 in September, so you better get your plane tickets now !!!
Bring some things for him to sign, he always armed with a few gold pens, ready to scribble his name on anything =D>

Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

Olaf Eggert

Post Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:31 pm

Sorry, really, really sorry. I must have misunderstood something completely. But I cannot say where it
comes from.

But do be so kind and let me have a reply as for my question regarding "The Amazing Carver". And why
am I not to mention the Carver Silver Six ? Anything wrong with these amps ?

Kind regards
Olaf Eggert
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:14 pm

I once had a German wife - damn I miss her cooking !!!

I also spend 3 years in Pfullendorf.
<<

DaveS

The OverLord of CarverAudio.com

Post Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:26 pm

Silver Six Monoblocks, GO FOR`EM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very nice amps you`ll love them. Care to tell us how much you are paying for them?
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests”.
- Patrick Henry
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:58 pm

In response to your question about the Carver Amazing Loudspeakers; they are excellent speakers! You need to be aware if there are any problems with the ribbons, though. Play piano music with crescendos & female voices (Dianna Krall, etc.) & listen for buzzing. Buzzing may or may not be an easy fix. Let us know what you find.
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

BB3

M-400t CUBE

Post Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:48 am

Welcome To The Forum Olaf. I'm glad that you decided to join.

Take Care Of Yourself And Happy Listening Sir.

-----BILL(BB3)
Carver Gear : C-9, C-16, C-19, 4-TFM55's, 2-TFM35's, 1-TFM25, 2-Silver 7-T's, 490T.

Non Carver Gear : Anthem AVM50V, Anthem Pre2L, Sonic Frontiers SFCD-1, Denon DCD1560, Panasonic DMK23, Sony BDP-S350, Sony PS3, Sony 52" XBR-6, Sony 32" XBR-6, Nintendo Wii

Speakers : Polk Audio : SDA-SRS, SDA-SRS 1.2TL, SDA-CRS+, RTA-15TL, 3- Velodyne F-1500's
<<

weitrhino

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:53 pm

Olaf Eggert wrote:But do be so kind and let me have a reply as for my question regarding "The Amazing Carver". And why
am I not to mention the Carver Silver Six ? Anything wrong with these amps ?

Kind regards
Olaf Eggert

If you can get the Silver Six amps do not let anyone else get in your way. They are very rare. They are very good. They guys were just joking about not letting Bob see them or he might take a steak knife to them. :^o :lol:

As for the Amazings...........which version of the Amazings are you looking at? The Originals have two 30 inch ribbons each, 4 honeycomb woofers, and are a 4R load. The Silver Six amps should be able to handle them. The Amazing Silver speakers have a 48 inch ribbon and 3 woofers each and will be a much easier load. Some of the Originals were modified and had the ribbons replaced with a single 60 inch ribbon. Amazing Platinums had 60 inch ribbons with 4 woofers that look more like a standard woofer.
<<

Olaf Eggert

Post Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:34 am

Hi,
I have to find out at first which version those Amazing Carvers are of. It will take a little while. I just startet with
a new job. So I have to be rather carefull with buying HiFi components of that price. But in some month I will be
able to say whether I will keep my new job or not. In the meantime I read some articles on the Smokey Mountains. Where exactly the meeting will take place. I have to find out how to get there and most probably it
will not be easy.

One more question : what is the main difference between the Carver Silver Six and the Carver Silver Seven ?

Kind regards
Olaf Eggert
Next

Return to "The Welcome Mat"