Hi to all Carver fans

Just found us? Entering CarverAudio.com for the first time? Post your introductions here and say hi to all of the other Carver enthusiasts.
TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend

Re: Hi to all Carver fans

Post by TNRabbit » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:05 am

Olaf Eggert wrote:Hi,
I have to find out at first which version those Amazing Carvers are of. It will take a little while. I just startet with
a new job. So I have to be rather carefull with buying HiFi components of that price. But in some month I will be
able to say whether I will keep my new job or not. In the meantime I read some articles on the Smokey Mountains. Where exactly the meeting will take place. I have to find out how to get there and most probably it
will not be easy.

One more question : what is the main difference between the Carver Silver Six and the Carver Silver Seven ?

Kind regards
Olaf Eggert
The cabins are located near Bryson City, North Carolina: http://www.watershedcabins.com/
Look in the FAQ link at the top for details on location.

The Silver Six amp has 2 tubes less than the Silver 7 (watt output is less). Perhaps someone else can tell you the exact amounts of output. If I'm not mistaken, the Silver 7 was approximately 375 watts output into 8 ohms.
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

DaveS
The OverLord of CarverAudio.com

Re: Hi to all Carver fans

Post by DaveS » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:11 am

KT 88 per amp per side:

Silver 6................................................... 12
Silver 7................................................... 15
Silver 7 MKII (otherwise called Silver 9)........... 20
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests”.
- Patrick Henry

Return to “"The Welcome Mat"”