FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:40 pm

Hello all! New Guy Here.

<<

mhmacw

Post Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:04 pm

Hello all! New Guy Here.

Hello, my name is Dan. I've loved stereos since I was old enough to push the power button. I've loved Carver/Stillwater since a very surreal night in the early ninties. A couple of Harleys, a demo Land Rover and two very distinguished gentlemen came to visit that evening. Honestly, its one of the most memorable nights of my life. I'm glad to have the opportunity to become part of this forum and thank you all that have made a meeting place for Carver enthusiasts available to folks like me. Thanks again, I look forward to the ride! Kind Regards, Dan
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:41 pm

Re: Hello all! New Guy Here.

..that sounds very personal, Dan~

WELCOME to the forum!
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:59 pm

Dan...Welcome!!!...it amost sounds TOO personal?????? :-s :lol:
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

mhmacw

Post Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:08 pm

hey thanks for the kind welcome. yea it was a little personal that evening. but damn that Rover rocked! lol. even the seashore cd was out of this world and i dont even like seagulls haha.
<<

Jag_97470

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:15 pm

Welcome to the forum Dan, and your going to have to expand on your story please? :D
<<

mhmacw

Post Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:03 pm

OK, I'd love too! When I was in early highschool, my father had a customer at his Harley shop named Chuck Cox. Chuck was the (good stuff) salesman at Progressive Audio in Medford, Oregon. One summer night Chuck and Bob came to my dads shop in a Land Rover that was set up for demo of the new Stillwater and Sunfire mobile audio combination (though it was dark and I didnt get to dismantle anything I believe it was riddled with Kicker tens). I was allowed to take part in the demo and was blown away by the absolute clarity and definition of reproduced sound like I'd never heard before. Though I was "into" stereos and was bugging the neighbor guy whenever I could hear him playing his tunes (and got some great Steve Vai auditoins from a rather nice Yamaha system) the demo truck was a completely different animal. As you could imagine, if Bobs driving it, its probably sounding pretty good haha. That night was a definitive turning point in my quest for sound. Bob turned my ears on to something I'd never dreamed possible and left a lasting impression that still rings to this day. To Bob, cause I'm sure you bounce around here from time to time, thanks again for opening my ears and showing me what all this "stuff" can sound like if you take the time to do it right. Let me not forget Chuck in all of this as there were numerous times I went to the Pro Audio to "look" at something when Chuck knew darned good and well at 15 I couldnt afford 10k for gear but let me audition it none the less. Hats off to you Chuck, Ill never forget that shovelution...87 and a half if I remember my dates correctly.Well thats my story guys. I hope I wasn't to long winded. All the best , Dan
<<

bsturgeon89

TFM-55

Post Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:23 pm

mhmacw wrote:OK, I'd love too! When I was in early highschool, my father had a customer at his Harley shop named Chuck Cox. Chuck was the (good stuff) salesman at Progressive Audio in Medford, Oregon. One summer night Chuck and Bob came to my dads shop in a Land Rover that was set up for demo of the new Stillwater and Sunfire mobile audio combination (though it was dark and I didnt get to dismantle anything I believe it was riddled with Kicker tens). I was allowed to take part in the demo and was blown away by the absolute clarity and definition of reproduced sound like I'd never heard before. Though I was "into" stereos and was bugging the neighbor guy whenever I could hear him playing his tunes (and got some great Steve Vai auditoins from a rather nice Yamaha system) the demo truck was a completely different animal. As you could imagine, if Bobs driving it, its probably sounding pretty good haha. That night was a definitive turning point in my quest for sound. Bob turned my ears on to something I'd never dreamed possible and left a lasting impression that still rings to this day. To Bob, cause I'm sure you bounce around here from time to time, thanks again for opening my ears and showing me what all this "stuff" can sound like if you take the time to do it right. Let me not forget Chuck in all of this as there were numerous times I went to the Pro Audio to "look" at something when Chuck knew darned good and well at 15 I couldnt afford 10k for gear but let me audition it none the less. Hats off to you Chuck, Ill never forget that shovelution...87 and a half if I remember my dates correctly.Well thats my story guys. I hope I wasn't to long winded. All the best , Dan

Kleenex please!!

Welcome to the forum!
Carverfest 2010 quote...I can't explain it right now, I'm drunk...

GO BUCKEYES
<<

thuffman03

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:27 pm

Welcome to the forum!
Some cool Carver stuff!
<<

stevewithrow

SILVER-7t

Post Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:34 pm

Welcome , from Carver country...!!!
<<

Jag_97470

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:44 pm

That is an awesome story! I like it!! \:D/ You mentioned Medford? You still there? I'm also in Oregon.
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:17 am

Welcome
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

mhmacw

Post Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:12 am

Thanks for the kind welcoms folks. No, unfortunatly I'm not in Oregon any longer. After 25 years as an Oregon native (rusted not tanned haha) I've somehow got my self to the central midwest. Im now north of Peroria Illinois. I do miss my mountains and steelhead but sometimes you have to go where the money is. Youall get me thinking too much about the Pac Northwest and I might need a tissue lol. I see in your screen name jag the 97470. Thats Roseburg? Correct? I lived in Roseburg when I was in second grade, went to Green district. then moved to White City. We get to take a long awaited trip back home this summer when the kids are out of school. Have no fear! Dans goin fishing on the Rogue River oohhh yea! Well better get them of to school as it were. Thanks for the hospitality people its wonderful! Take Care, Dan
<<

Jag_97470

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:23 am

mhmacw wrote:Thanks for the kind welcoms folks. No, unfortunatly I'm not in Oregon any longer. After 25 years as an Oregon native (rusted not tanned haha) I've somehow got my self to the central midwest. Im now north of Peroria Illinois. I do miss my mountains and steelhead but sometimes you have to go where the money is. Youall get me thinking too much about the Pac Northwest and I might need a tissue lol. I see in your screen name jag the 97470. Thats Roseburg? Correct? I lived in Roseburg when I was in second grade, went to Green district. then moved to White City. We get to take a long awaited trip back home this summer when the kids are out of school. Have no fear! Dans goin fishing on the Rogue River oohhh yea! Well better get them of to school as it were. Thanks for the hospitality people its wonderful! Take Care, Dan

Yes Roseburg is correct, and I know exactly where you went to school in Green, wow, small world! I'm glad you found our little corner of the world.
<<

Alistair

Post Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:10 pm

hi welcome to the forum.

Return to "The Welcome Mat"