FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:36 am

Happy camper

<<

henry

Post Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:26 pm

Happy camper

Just purchased my first Carver product used at a local stereo shop. It is a tfm-35 amplifier,just love the vintage look with the pot meters. I chose this one over the tfm-42, dont quite need that much power(I know you can never have enough power)because I live in a apartment and would likely get evicted. However, I still rock the house occasionally. I have always heard good things about carver and I must say my expectations have been met in spades. Had no idea there was a Carver fan club until I researched my amp before purchasing, pretty cool to know. May get another amp and brige it to my rear channels, my freinds think I am nuts, but thats okay I know what I like.Once I got a taste more would seem better , dont you think so . Anyways time to sign off and enjoy my new toy...
<<

thuffman03

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:15 pm

Re: Happy camper

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you are starting a case of OCCD, Obsessive Carver Collective Disorder.
Some cool Carver stuff!
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:09 pm

Welcome Great amp.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:48 pm

The 35 was my 1'st Carver amp. Don't worry,it's got enough power to evict you from an apartment! Welcome to the forum. =D> =D> =D>
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

Jag_97470

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:53 pm

Welcome to the forum henry! And so it begins! Good luck! :lol: Stay around awhile and you soon understand what I mean.
Welcome again! oh and P.S. Great amp you picked up! What are you using for a pre-amp and speakers?
<<

henry

Post Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:49 pm

My tfm-35 amp is bridged to the front channel of a Denon avr-2801reciever,A&Bs are B&W Matrix804s and DM1600s , polkCSiA6 centre,Difinitive Technology SupercubeII sub and def tech pro monitor 1000 satellites for the rears.All wired with kimber kable and a DenonDBP2010CI bluray/cd transport,samsung 530 50''plasma tv.
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:43 am

henry wrote:My tfm-35 amp is bridged to the front channel of a Denon avr-2801reciever,A&Bs are B&W Matrix804s and DM1600s , polkCSiA6 centre,Difinitive Technology SupercubeII sub and def tech pro monitor 1000 satellites for the rears.All wired with kimber kable and a DenonDBP2010CI bluray/cd transport,samsung 530 50''plasma tv.

Hello Henry & Nice set-up! Happy HAPPY CAMPER!!!
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...
<<

henry

Post Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:58 am

Very nice!!!
<<

ddbroderick

Post Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:56 am

Henry . . . very nice and welcome to the forum.

What do you think of the Denon Blu-ray player? What is the audio section like? I am thinking of buying one to replace my Samsung player that died after 13 months and has no warranty. :( :(
<<

henry

Post Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:21 pm

The audio section is very crisp and clean very nice and uncoloured, the upscaling is fantastic,I replaced it with a sony bluray.Hope this helps.
<<

Jag_97470

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:09 pm

ddbroderick wrote:Henry . . . very nice and welcome to the forum.

What do you think of the Denon Blu-ray player? What is the audio section like? I am thinking of buying one to replace my Samsung player that died after 13 months and has no warranty. :( :(

Don't rule out considering the Oppo Blu-Ray, it also played SACD and I found the audio very good on mine. I have the original >
http://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-bdp-83/ but you might also consider the Special Edition >
http://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-bdp-83SE/

BillD has the original he sent in for the mod upgrade and I think he is very happy with his.
<<

ddbroderick

Post Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:55 pm

Henry . . . thanks for the udpate.

Jag . . thanks for the info on the Oppo.

Since my Big Box store player died I am looking to spend about 500 - 800 bucks on a replacement. I looked quite seriously at one from Pioneer Elite, the Denon and of course the Oppo players. My theatre consists of a DLP TV, a DVD Player and a 6 x 60 Rotel power amp providing the motivation. I am a bit limited since I have no receiver I need analogue audio outs for all channels. All of the above players have the analgue audio outs that I require.

Since I live in Canada on the East coast I am bit learly to buy the Oppo as I would be buying direct (i.e. no dealer) so I am not sure what I would do if it broke. At least, I can get the other two peices fixed without having to ship back to CA. Mind you I am a bit pissed, since the player I bought was the upgraded model and it died shortly after it's warranty expired.

Sorry about hijacking this thread . . .
<<

henry

Post Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:43 pm

Sorry meant to say I replaced the sony blu ray with the Denon, and dont worry about highjacking the thread. I believe the forum is about sharing and the quest for better audio and all opinions are greatly appreciated.
<<

Jag_97470

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:46 pm

ddbroderick wrote:Henry . . . thanks for the udpate.

Jag . . thanks for the info on the Oppo.

Since my Big Box store player died I am looking to spend about 500 - 800 bucks on a replacement. I looked quite seriously at one from Pioneer Elite, the Denon and of course the Oppo players. My theatre consists of a DLP TV, a DVD Player and a 6 x 60 Rotel power amp providing the motivation. I am a bit limited since I have no receiver I need analogue audio outs for all channels. All of the above players have the analgue audio outs that I require.

Since I live in Canada on the East coast I am bit learly to buy the Oppo as I would be buying direct (i.e. no dealer) so I am not sure what I would do if it broke. At least, I can get the other two peices fixed without having to ship back to CA. Mind you I am a bit pissed, since the player I bought was the upgraded model and it died shortly after it's warranty expired.

Sorry about hijacking this thread . . .

You would be surprised, When I received my Oppo it was packaged like a tank > They put a lot of thinking into the packaging. And BillD runs his Oppo with the 8-analog out, pretty cool.
<<

BillD

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:07 pm

I've found that the DACs in the SE are superior to the ones in my TGP-III, so I've taken to listening to most everything using RCA connectors out of the Oppo.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

Return to "The Welcome Mat"