It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:54 am

Hello From Another Carver Addict

<<

toucanet

M-400t CUBE

Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:26 pm

Hello From Another Carver Addict

Greetings!

I was told about this site from a guy in Pittsburgh, while I was up there purchasing a pair of speakers to transport back to GA.

I am glad to be a part of this forum and look forward to chatting with many of you while I look for more vintage items (such as a pair of Silver-7ts).

toucanet.
<<

Jag_97470

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: Hello From Another Carver Addict

Would that be Beemers shop you picked up the speakers? Welcome to the forum! A great place to be! You will learn a lot, some of the most knowledgeable people in audio lurk around here, not me > other people :lol: Enjoy!
<<

toucanet

M-400t CUBE

Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:37 pm

Jag_97470 wrote:Would that be Beemers shop you picked up the speakers? Welcome to the forum! A great place to be! You will learn a lot, some of the most knowledgeable people in audio lurk around here, not me > other people :lol: Enjoy!

Yes, it was. I was introduced to him by another Carver Audio /Polk member.

Thanks for the welcome,

toucanet
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:52 pm

Welcome to the forum, sir. We're glad to have you aboard. Atlanta, huh?

I'll be going down there for my quarterly trip with a local audio nutcase to go see other audio nutcases and have a good time.....as we always do. If you are on both forums, we should meet up sometime...or at the very least, we need to introduce you to the Atlanta gang.

See ya' 'round campus.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

bsturgeon89

TFM-55

Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:59 pm

Welcome ToucanSam

And people thought I was crazy for going to Canada to get speakers
Carverfest 2010 quote...I can't explain it right now, I'm drunk...

GO BUCKEYES
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:16 pm

WELCOME!!!
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...
<<

toucanet

M-400t CUBE

Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:02 pm

bsturgeon89 wrote:Welcome ToucanSam

And people thought I was crazy for going to Canada to get speakers

I drove roughly 1,500 miles within 25 hours. My body felt it when I finally laid down to rest.

The speakers were definitely worth the trip.

Now, if I can just get my hands on the Silver 7T's [-o<
<<

toucanet

M-400t CUBE

Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:04 pm

treitz3 wrote:Welcome to the forum, sir. We're glad to have you aboard. Atlanta, huh?

I'll be going down there for my quarterly trip with a local audio nutcase to go see other audio nutcases and have a good time.....as we always do. If you are on both forums, we should meet up sometime...or at the very least, we need to introduce you to the Atlanta gang.

See ya' 'round campus.

Sounds like a winner!

toucanet
<<

helicopterpilotdoug

SILVER-7t

Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:06 pm

Welcome from another fairly new guy. :) This is really a great forum, with lots of good people. I'm sure you will enjoy yourself here.
Sunfire: Theater Grand IV, Cinema Grand Signature.
Carver: TFM-45, PST-24 Cassette, Extra Carver Gear: CT-6, C-11 (S/N 00001).
Polk Audio: Mains SRS 2.1TL, Center CSiA6, Surrounds FXiA6 and FXiA4, Sub DSW MicroPro 1000, Extra Speakers SDA 2A, SDA 2Btl, Monitor 10A.
Turntable: Dual CS 714Q
Bluray/SACD: Oppo BDP 83SE
CD: Sony 330 300 Disk changer

http://www.douglasconnection.com
<<

thuffman03

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:10 pm

Welcome to the forum. How are the Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl? Bet they are sounding pretty good!
Some cool Carver stuff!
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:21 pm

toucanet wrote:Sounds like a winner!
What are you doing this weekend? That's actually when I'm going down, not that there's any rush. If memory serves, we'll be on the west side of Hotlanta, but don't hold me to it. If all goes well with the workweek, we should be heading down Thursday night and leaving sometime Sunday afternoon.

Please note: I have not cleared this with the gentlemen we are meeting in Atlanta but we [Russ and I] don't mind stopping by to meet you....provided you are not too gawd awful far off the beaten path. Maybe we could just meet up for a beer if nothing else. It's always a pleasure meeting other folks in this hobby.....well, 98% of the time it is.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

toucanet

M-400t CUBE

Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:27 pm

thuffman03 wrote:Welcome to the forum. How are the Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl? Bet they are sounding pretty good!

They sound damn good with the TFM-55 amp. I owe you many, many beers for turning me on to Tom's store. I wanted to stay and hang around while I was up there. However, I decided to come back to GA. Needless to say, I was tired after driving 25 hours with only a one hour break.

When I first hooked them up, I did not get the sound that I used to get from my previous pair. However, I quickly realized that my nephew decided to switch my cables on my preamp to amp, without telling me. Once I put my old cables back on, the sound was there. One day, I will probably connect my other TFM-55 to the system.

However, I must admit that I need to get some new/updated RCA cables for my gear. The last time I purchased new cables was in the early 90's when I bought my Carver gear. I'm sure that I could be getting better sound if I updated the cables.

I've got some additional Carver toys coming to me soon, that you may also recognize.

Any recommendations on cables for the preamp to the amp as well as CD player, etc? Are these cables now called interconnects? i hope I'm not sounding too stupid with this question.

Thanks again for all of your assistance thuffman03 =D>

toucanet
Last edited by toucanet on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

toucanet

M-400t CUBE

Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:34 pm

treitz3 wrote:
toucanet wrote:Sounds like a winner!
What are you doing this weekend? That's actually when I'm going down, not that there's any rush. If memory serves, we'll be on the west side of Hotlanta, but don't hold me to it. If all goes well with the workweek, we should be heading down Thursday night and leaving sometime Sunday afternoon.

Please note: I have not cleared this with the gentlemen we are meeting in Atlanta but we [Russ and I] don't mind stopping by to meet you....provided you are not too gawd awful far off the beaten path. Maybe we could just meet up for a beer if nothing else. It's always a pleasure meeting other folks in this hobby.....well, 98% of the time it is.

I am supposed to be playing around with RC Airplanes on Saturday, in McDonough, GA. However, I can change those plans easily. Just let me know more details and we can make it happen.

toucanet
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:43 pm

toucanet wrote:Needless to say, I was tired after driving 25 hours with only a one hour break.
A good friend of mine said this once and I think the same statement is appropriate here.....

The things we do in pursuit of audio nirvana

As far as the CDP? Don't get a Carver CDP. Technology has come leaps and bound since then. There is only one exception that I can think about.....that being the Carver 490t withOUT the stock tubes. They sucked. Do you have a budget in mind for a CDP?

Cables? If we meet up this weekend we could possibly demonstrate many cables....let me get up with the hosts, please.

<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:44 pm

congrats on the new aqusition--now get some tubes on them. \:D/
Welcome to the forum--where tubes rule. 8)
Next

Return to "The Welcome Mat"