FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:03 pm

New Member, new to Carver

<<

TongueArt

Post Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:13 am

New Member, new to Carver

Dear All,
I bought a Carver Magnetic Field Amplifier which I think is a receiver and eager to use it. When I power up a light illuminates showing "locked." My question is how do I unlock the receiver so I can use it?
Thanks greatly,
Leonard
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:35 am

Welcome to the forum.

Amps and receivers are two different animals. What is the model number?

"Locked" usually means the protection (safety device) is engaged, not a good thing.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

TongueArt

Post Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:51 pm

On eBay this Item number: 5869684856 is what it looks like. There is no model number on it? It is called on the front a "Magnetic Field Power Amplifier" Although it seems to be a receiver with functions PHONO, VIDEO/DAD, AUX, FM, AM.
Thanks for replying, any suggestions. If it is locked how do you go about entering a code to unlock it? What is the entry sequence?
Leonard [/url]
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:19 pm

That is a receiver and the model is called, The Receiver.

After looking at one close up, it appears the "locked" light is for the radio station signal.....to tell you the station is locked in. If the unit doesn't play, then that's something else.

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

TongueArt

Post Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:09 pm

Thanks

Thanks for replying. I falsely assumed it was a security code preventing access to the receiver. I bought a BMW car radio that required a security code to use it. If you did not know the code you were... out of luck. I guess I will find a repair place.
Leonard
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:42 pm

Just so you know, the retail value of your unit is about $200.00 in mint condition.

<<

George

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:21 pm

Your receiver should have "jumpers" on the back, connecting the "Pre-Out" and "Main-In" jacks. If those jumpers are not there (they look like metal "U"s), a pair of regular RCA cables will work just fine. Without the jumpers or a pair of cables that thing won't make a sound.

Return to "The Welcome Mat"