FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:00 pm

Hello to all!

<<

peck555

TFM-6cb

Post Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:46 pm

Re: Hello to all!

Welcome Chris, enjoy the OCCD, it's fun when your wife asks just what is in that latest box that showed up. :D
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:54 pm

peck555 wrote:Welcome Chris, enjoy the OCCD, it's fun when your wife asks just what is in that latest box that showed up. :D

OCCD

Right now there is a decent buy on ebay for a better sub than mine. I was just thinking that I could get it, and then glue a Carver plate on the front. That would not fool a "CARVER GUY", but would make it look a lot better to me. :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:21 pm

I like your system. I will never have anything like that, but look forward to some CARVER GUYS inviting me over to experience it.

Even more, I like your avatar. Like many, I have a lot of nice toys. I don't own anything that even approaches the worth of my friend ROSEY. If I lost everything, I could start again, but only with her help.
Attachments
rosie4.jpg
rosie4.jpg (62.75 KiB) Viewed 653 times
<<

Jag_97470

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:08 pm

[quote="OconeeOrange"]I like your system. I will never have anything like that, but look forward to some CARVER GUYS inviting me over to experience it.

You might want to work on your system OO, because I don't think any CARVER GUYS will ever invite you over! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:49 pm

Jag_97470 wrote:
OconeeOrange wrote:I like your system. I will never have anything like that, but look forward to some CARVER GUYS inviting me over to experience it.

You might want to work on your system OO, because I don't think any CARVER GUYS will ever invite you over! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: Yea, I already picked up on that. Maybe this year when I ride to Sturgis, I will go on to your place. I was last there as a Army Private. I bet things have changed a lot, but it was good then too.
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:46 pm

Bill, it's a little far, but you have an open invitation to my place; just give me 24 hours notice~ :D
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:50 pm

3for33 wrote:#-o hello to all,
My name is Andrew. I have been a Carver fan for a number of years. I have a pair of Amazing Loudspeaker Silver edition for many years driven by 1.5T amp. I just love these speakers and amp combination. I also have the T11 tuner and it is one of the best tuner in the market. However, lately one of speaker developed a buzzing sound at certain high frequency. I was able to reduce or almost eliminate the buzz by pushing a piece of dense foam through the slots in front of the ribbon, pushing it until it touches ribbon gently. Now the buzzing is almost gone, but till audible at some high notes at high volume. I like to find a permanent fix to this problem. Any suggestion?

3, why not start your own thread instead of posting in someone elses?

On ribbon, there are a few things you can do to identify the buzzing problem & correct it. Stuffing foam into the slot is NOT the answer~
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:19 pm

TNRabbit wrote:Bill, it's a little far, but you have an open invitation to my place; just give me 24 hours notice~ :D

Thanks, I have run the Marine Corps Marathon in your area ten times, so I know the way. Too fat for that right now, but It would be a great trip for me to ride up there in the Fall and enjoy your audio.
I'll do the gourmet cooking if your by the beer/wine. Actually, if I come in the Spring, I could bring a few bottles of the best Pinot noir the world has ever seen. I have 15 gallons in the keg ageing right now.

If your Mom has a sister you want to invite over - GREAT !!! My bride don't mind when I chase as long as the ones I bring home help with the housework.
<<

beerbudgetFi

Post Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:31 pm

Welcome Chris.

You've been warned. Stick around and you'll find yourself in a big budget red ink.

cp

a.k.a beerbudgetFi.
3 Carver TFM35X, Sunfire TruSubwoofer, Magnepan 1.5, Magnepan MMG, Paradigm Monitor speakers, Technics SL-D2, Pioneer Turntable PL-518, Sony Playstation3 blu-ray player, Grado SR60 headphones, Onkyo TSR-805 functions as pre-amp, garden variety interconnects but not cheap and a set of ear.
Previous

Return to "The Welcome Mat"