FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:43 am

carver CT26-v

<<

john wheatly

Post Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:56 am

carver CT26-v

I have had this preamp for about 13 years. bought it new and love it. shortly after I bought it the sound stopped, at that time I called carver and they walked me through a reset procedure. It's been great till about two months ago...while listening at low volume the sound just quit. the owners manual doest go through the rest procedure that carver did on the phone..and after 13 years I dont remember. cannot call carver anymore, and was wondering if anyone knew the secret buttons to push???? If anyone could help Id be forever grateful! I miss my stereo! thank you John
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:13 am

Re: carver CT26-v

I can't help you with that problem, but WELCOME, John!

Someone will be along with more information. I know Rainman/Rainwoman have a CT-26, but not sure who else does...
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

thuffman03

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:10 am

Welcome to the forum!

I would call Rita's, they might know since most of them worked for Carver at some point.

http://www.ritasvintageaudio.net/
Some cool Carver stuff!
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:17 am

Welcome!!! =D> =D> =D> Thuffman is correct!!! If there is a "magic" button" to be pressed, Rita's will know!!!
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:21 pm

Welcome
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

john wheatly

Post Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:17 am

thank you all for the "welcomes'...was just hopeing to resolve my issue without having to send my preamp away, money is a little tight...and I do love this stereo deeply...hell I had to fight for it in divorce court! LOL true story.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:51 am

Hello John and welcome to the forum. You don't need to send it in, just give them a call. The number is 360-568-4700. If they do not have the procedure [which I'm 98% sure they do], get back to us. We have other resources we can hook you up with.

If that fails, we will be with Mr. Carver in September. We could always ask him if all other avenues are exhausted.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

john wheatly

Post Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:14 pm

Thank you all again.....called and found out they dont work of this particular model, due to something about parts. they where very nice though. It was worth a try.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:26 pm

No problem, that's why we are here. Click onto this thread and scroll down to the second repair shop. The cat's name is Rolland and he runs High-Tech Audio out in Oregon. His number is 503-618-7605.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4534

See if he can't help you out. If he does not know what the procedure is, I would suggest calling the other repair shops. If none of that pans out, I guess we'll have to ask Bob.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"

Return to "The Welcome Mat"