FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:08 am

Hi, My name is Colin, I have OCCD......

<<

colinb

Post Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:43 pm

Hi, My name is Colin, I have OCCD......

Hi All, My name is Colin. I have a love for all Carver gear. I am running a C1, M500t, TX11a, DTL200 and polkaudio M60 speakers. I will admit, my system could use some improvements in the speaker department. I also have a TFM 45, M1.0t, PM1.5, DPL 33, and Silver 7t's. I hope soon to buy some als silver or platuim's. I would like get more educated on these speakers. I do know they are aging and will need ribbon repair and what not. I have one shop keeping and eye out for me. Thank you for this site.
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:46 pm

Re: Hi, My name is Colin, I have OCCD......

welcome. just curious, with all the amps you have listed, why did you pick the 500 to listen to ?
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

Jag_97470

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:50 pm

Hi colinb, glad you finally realized you have a problem (occd) Was it an intervention or did you realize this on your owe? :lol: :lol: :lol: Warning: The only intervention you will receive here is; purchasing more audio gear! :lol: Welcome and glad you found us!
<<

bsturgeon89

TFM-55

Post Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:52 pm

Hi Colin,

Welcome to the forum,

You took the first step and admitted you have a problem but as you soon will find out. This is a different kind of support group. These guys are enablers.

Where do you live?
Carverfest 2010 quote...I can't explain it right now, I'm drunk...

GO BUCKEYES
<<

Jag_97470

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:04 pm

bsturgeon89 wrote:Hi Colin,

Welcome to the forum,

You took the first step and admitted you have a problem but as you soon will find out. This is a different kind of support group. These guys are enablers.

Where do you live?

Don't answer that question colinb! bsturgeon89 (Brock) has totally turned into a Carver Zombie! We are very concerned about him. Tube fever has set in and it looks like he is in the advanced stages of a drooling tube Zombie 8) . You may not understand now, but you will. Just a heads up, be very careful around here. :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

BrianT

Pair of Silver Sevens

Post Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:19 pm

Welcome Colin, hope you get to Bemmers soon to pick up your 7t's

Brian
VPI Classic Turntable (blk)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Sunfire Vacuum Tube Control Centre. C/W Mod'ed Phono Stage
Carver Silver 7's Tube Amps
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11.
B&W 802D's Rosenut
<<

colinb

Post Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:22 pm

angelod307 wrote:welcome. just curious, with all the amps you have listed, why did you pick the 500 to listen to ?

Hi, I had the 500t fully overhalled, all caps replaced, and relay replaced with better. My m1.0t is out for service, and the silver 7ts are to be picked up. They are signed by Bob himself and I am planning a trip out to pick them up in the next few weeks. I like to swap out gear. The tfm 45 is awaiting to be recapped and giving it to my dad for xmas.
<<

colinb

Post Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:24 pm

Jag_97470 wrote:Hi colinb, glad you finally realized you have a problem (occd) Was it an intervention or did you realize this on your owe? :lol: :lol: :lol: Warning: The only intervention you will receive here is; purchasing more audio gear! :lol: Welcome and glad you found us!

Yes I have not bought much lately, i need more motivation! lol
<<

BillD

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:51 pm

colinb wrote:Hi, I had the 500t fully overhalled, all caps replaced, and relay replaced with better.

I'm interested in that relay replacement as I've never found a good replacement (in case I need one in the future). DoO you have any more details?
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:52 pm

First off Colin, welcome to the forum. Now to get down to business.....where do you live? We don't need an exact location, just a general area. The reason I ask is because we have members all over the country that scour the depths of the web to locate the speakers you are looking for.

That said, what kind of information are you looking for? Models, spec's, what to look out for when purchasing??? Ask away, as you have come to the right place to find out.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

colinb

Post Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:08 pm

Welcome to the forum,

Where do you live?

Yes I know, but its all good. I live in Oshawa Ontario
Last edited by colinb on Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

colinb

Post Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:13 pm

Jag_97470 wrote:

Welcome to the forum,

Where do you live?

Don't answer that question colinb! bsturgeon89 (Brock) has totally turned into a Carver Zombie! We are very concerned about him. Tube fever has set in and it looks like he is in the advanced stages of a drooling tube Zombie 8) . You may not understand now, but you will. Just a heads up, be very careful around here. :lol: :lol: :lol:

lol
<<

colinb

Post Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:15 pm

BillD wrote:
colinb wrote:Hi, I had the 500t fully overhalled, all caps replaced, and relay replaced with better.

I'm interested in that relay replacement as I've never found a good replacement (in case I need one in the future). DoO you have any more details?

I will take the lid of and snap a good pic for you. I will also get a part number. Ontario Audio/Video did the work
<<

colinb

Post Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:39 pm

treitz3 wrote:First off Colin, welcome to the forum. Now to get down to business.....where do you live? We don't need an exact location, just a general area. The reason I ask is because we have members all over the country that scour the depths of the web to locate the speakers you are looking for.

That said, what kind of information are you looking for? Models, spec's, what to look out for when purchasing??? Ask away, as you have come to the right place to find out.

I am looking for some als silvers or plats'. Any help will be great!
<<

Mr. M-500t

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:13 pm

angelod307 wrote:welcome. just curious, with all the amps you have listed, why did you pick the 500 to listen to ?

Cause it's the best....................... :D
Next

Return to "The Welcome Mat"