FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:04 am

First post

<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:25 pm

Re: First post

Good photos, back here in the woods, took half a day to download.

That springer seat is nice. I run a solo seat also except for trips as I need the back support these days. After a couple hours, that makes a huge difference. Also, as I tend to ride a lot, I like the fairing. Bikes look better w/o, but eating bugs gets old after a the first hundred miles. I ride and camp. I buy stuff from the hiker catalogs as anything they can carry, the Harley can.

Mine came with the flat handle bars, but like on my last bike, pulled them off as I don't find them comfortable on trips.
I gave up spokes back in the 70's. They look good, but if you ride much, a bitch to keep clean. Riding a dirty Honda is Ok, but as you know, Harley's deserve to be clean.

I like your bike, and the tires are cool. I road an Electra Glide on the Police force with those.

You have excellent pipes. I put Thunderheader on mine. Don't visit Myrtle Beach with yours, mine won't even pass there - Haha.

I see you like a bigger front wheel. My first Harley was a Sportster, and since then I have to have that to keep the "BRONSON" image alive, at least in my mind. I put the front end of a Duece on mine, got new wheels and had the wheel inserts and front tubes epoxied black to match the "BLACK" theme. I like the bigger front wheel on a bike. We all put together what we like, and I prefer the light, nimble look.

Since that photo, have added some Kuryakyn parts like air cleaner. I considered a bigger rear tire, but that would take away from the "deer" (Sportster) look I like.
I may upgrade from the carburetor as Ethanol is pure hell on them. At the shows, I always come away ready to upgrade the power, but this bike has more than enough, as do most. It can carry my fat ass too fast for days on end and never take a deep breath.

Your "KING" paint job is great. Like you. I had no turn signals, but found the state requires them here. Is that a Harley motor?
<<

Mr. M-500t

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:45 pm

Those are some great photos, and bike to boot ! =D> =D> =D>
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:41 am

=D> Love the Bikes boys! Now those are Toys. I sold my Bike last Summer :( Funny cause all the HD guys loved it and it was a scooter But could keep up with the Best of them and saved Gas, 54 MPG and 80 on the freeway all day with a top speed of 110 MPH - Here it is at Lake Tahoe:

BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...
<<

Kingshead

Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:47 am

OconeeOrange wrote:Good photos, back here in the woods, took half a day to download.

That springer seat is nice. I run a solo seat also except for trips as I need the back support these days. After a couple hours, that makes a huge difference. Also, as I tend to ride a lot, I like the fairing. Bikes look better w/o, but eating bugs gets old after a the first hundred miles. I ride and camp. I buy stuff from the hiker catalogs as anything they can carry, the Harley can.

Mine came with the flat handle bars, but like on my last bike, pulled them off as I don't find them comfortable on trips.
I gave up spokes back in the 70's. They look good, but if you ride much, a bitch to keep clean. Riding a dirty Honda is Ok, but as you know, Harley's deserve to be clean.

I like your bike, and the tires are cool. I road an Electra Glide on the Police force with those.

You have excellent pipes. I put Thunderheader on mine. Don't visit Myrtle Beach with yours, mine won't even pass there - Haha.

I see you like a bigger front wheel. My first Harley was a Sportster, and since then I have to have that to keep the "BRONSON" image alive, at least in my mind. I put the front end of a Duece on mine, got new wheels and had the wheel inserts and front tubes epoxied black to match the "BLACK" theme. I like the bigger front wheel on a bike. We all put together what we like, and I prefer the light, nimble look.

Since that photo, have added some Kuryakyn parts like air cleaner. I considered a bigger rear tire, but that would take away from the "deer" (Sportster) look I like.
I may upgrade from the carburetor as Ethanol is pure hell on them. At the shows, I always come away ready to upgrade the power, but this bike has more than enough, as do most. It can carry my fat ass too fast for days on end and never take a deep breath.

Your "KING" paint job is great. Like you. I had no turn signals, but found the state requires them here. Is that a Harley motor?

It's actually a Honda (VT1100C A.C.E.), rode it as a Bobber from south FL. to north Ca. and back a few years ago to set up housing before moving the fam. out here. Not much left stock on it but the changes are very suttle.

Martin
College Prof.
<<

Kingshead

Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:55 am

Thanks everyone, but here is the real joy.
Attachments
2-16-08 040.JPG
2-16-08 040.JPG (104.63 KiB) Viewed 606 times
College Prof.
Previous

Return to "The Welcome Mat"