FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:10 pm

Newbie here

<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:28 am

Re: Newbie here

The professional series amps usually lead a HARD life on the road. Do you know what condition the amp is in, internally?

Many folks use them in home environments very successfully. The fans tend to make them noisy for home use. Also, the balanced connections can be problematic, as just using the adapters can introduce some noise/ground issues. Not trying to crap on your choice...just letting you know some of the possible issues.

Their strong suit is driving difficult (low impedance) loads as their output devices are very robust.

As far as setting the output, you need to match where you hit max undistorted volume on the amp at the same point your pre hits its same max. An educated guess can be made if you know the output voltage of the pre & input sensitivity of the amp. otherwise, just play with it until you get a good balance~
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

helicopterpilotdoug

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:27 am

\:D/ Welcome to the forum. \:D/
Sunfire: Theater Grand IV, Cinema Grand Signature.
Carver: TFM-45, PST-24 Cassette, Extra Carver Gear: CT-6, C-11 (S/N 00001).
Polk Audio: Mains SRS 2.1TL, Center CSiA6, Surrounds FXiA6 and FXiA4, Sub DSW MicroPro 1000, Extra Speakers SDA 2A, SDA 2Btl, Monitor 10A.
Turntable: Dual CS 714Q
Bluray/SACD: Oppo BDP 83SE
CD: Sony 330 300 Disk changer

http://www.douglasconnection.com
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:21 pm

We're running a Pro amp on our subs in the living room... LOTS of headroom !!!!
Mmmmmmmmmmmm BOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

robert0507

Post Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:44 pm

Jag_97470 wrote:Welcome to the forum! I wonder if Brock still has his 4.0t for sell? That would be Kick Ass! Maybe PM him. Here is a link to his post > http://www.carveraudio.com/index.php/forum

First thanks evyerone for the warm welcome. =D> :D

2nd. The amp I bought seems to be in good condition. It was complwtly reconditioned bye the owner who was a certified carver repairman, or so he claims.

3rd. Hell yeah I would love to buy the 4.0T..just let me know where to send the cash..paypal would be a good option for me.

Once again thanks guys for the warm welcome look forward to sharing my impressions with my new amp. I never used a amp before with my receivers so this should be informational/fun for me..... :-k
Previous

Return to "The Welcome Mat"