FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:40 pm

newbie with a great deal on carver equip!!!

<<

FastMike68SS

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:12 am

newbie with a great deal on carver equip!!!

im new here, not here as a Carver lover as the members here are, just stopped in to get rid of a friends deceased relatives collectible carver equipment. Im getting alot of members talking s*** about my post saying to stay away from this and it sounds fishy...as of yesterday i knew nothing about the carver brand and value of its equip., done a little research and found out this is a great site full of collectors and could sell it fast, which is better for the family the sooner the better, and due to my lack of knowledge about the items i have listed im getting a lot of negative feedback

i posted here to maybe see if any member in here can go look at my post and tell me whats so fishy about it

i know there are alot of scammers these days ruining internet sales on any and all sites but what seems to be so farfetch'd about my post

its in the newbie buy/sale section titled "4 sale: 6 pieces of carver equipment"

ANY MEMBERS INPUT IS WELCOME AND VERY APPRECIATED....POST HERE OR ON THE ACTUAL POST WHERE THE ITEMS ARE FOR SALE

THANKS
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:50 am

Re: newbie with a great deal on carver equip!!!

Last edited by F1nut on Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:52 am

I must offer my sincerest apologies for these guys....

We have had this problem with this forum for the past 5 years. This is the REASON the "Buy Sell for Noobies" was created !!!!
FAR TOO OFTEN !!!! These guys seem to to BASH (or at least scare off) noobies that come on with equipment being offered for sale.

Every one of these guys has been warned to BACK OFF this sections posts many times already.

Here was one of the old bashing threads: viewtopic.php?f=126&t=10742&hilit=lightstar

and my reply to the members:
Toy Maker wrote:Noob or not, if it were a Lightstar, I'd be glad to have a 1st crack at it before it hit eBay.
And I'd expect a little gratitude if I were selling it as a nob, to have offered it to the forum before going to eBay.
Not everyone has time, or even cares about forums to sign up. But taking the time to sign up just to offer things to us 1st is nice if you ask me.

I would think most people trying to sell to a forum know they will not get top dollar for an item unless it is rare.

So again, please ignore all the paranoid HEATERS and move on with your sale.

From this point forward, I will either EDIT or DELETE every paranoid, warning, bashing, avoid, leery post made under any Noobie sale.......
UNLESS.............. You can provide evidence backing up your warnings and or statements.

Don't get me wrong... IF there IS legitimate information to warrant a "warning" I WANT it posted.
The warnings must have validity, or they will be edited or removed.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:55 am

Well, when someone comes in brand new wanting to sell something with no pictures & no set price & QUICK QUICK SELL SELL NOW, alarm bells go off for those of us who've seen this sort of thing before. It's quite possible that you are completely honest & trustworthy, but many of us have been around the block & things that look & quack like a duck are USUALLY a duck.

Most of us won't purchase an item(s) from an unknown person unless we can put hands/ears on the equipment. These units are getting old & may need service in the near future & that affects the going price GREATLY. I would pay top dollar from a trusted forum member on an item I wouldn't give $25 for to an unkown.
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

TNRabbit

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:57 am

Sorry, James; didn't see your post.

The usual response to a newb post like this is no response at all unless someone lives in the area & can go see the items first hand....
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:04 am

No problem Gary... EVERY member knows they are taking a risk buying form a noobie... That is a GIVEN.
Every member on here also knows PayPal covers the buyer for BS sales.

I'm just trying to keep people from scaring off legitimate noobie sellers.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

FastMike68SS

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:15 am

thank you tnrabbit and of course you toy maker

toy maker, you are the only one to show gratitude and not immediately label me as a scam artist
just like anyone else i too have access to sell on ebay but that is a time consuming process....and time is of the essence
and i wanted to offer it to an audience who will put this equipment to good use, not so someone can buy it off ebay for next to nothing and resale it to make a quick profit....i figured the easiest way to sale would be to the guy whos going to actually use it to make noise then to someone who wants to make a buck
on ebay everyone wants for practically nothing, i dont want to just give this stuff away

i too would rather the sale be local but if it helps the sale go smoother, im up to meeting up and letting the inquirer test and examine the equipment as thorough as they want.....which proves i have nothing to hide and do not want the buyer to have any doubts at all
<<

FastMike68SS

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:17 am

i also can use pay pal if necessary....whatever is the most comfortable way for the buyer
just dont like using ebay....way too easy to get ripped off
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:51 am

Please post your full name, and User ID on eBay.
These 2 things alone can give much needed credit as a well established seller to all of our members

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

FastMike68SS

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:14 am

i have no ebay account, i have a paypal account i havent used since 09 but it was only to buy a couple things, ive never used it to sale anything
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:58 am

How much for the 1.5t?
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

FastMike68SS

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:49 pm

i never established a set price for anything...i put a price on everything as a whole to please the forum
ive looked at a couple auction prices on ebay but you cant go off auction prices....how about we start with an offer and go from there....i have no idea where to start at for an asking price so im just going to say 300...thats not set in stone by any means...just said 300 to please the forum so they cant say i did not provide an asking price...now please come back with a counter offer or if you think 300 is fair we can go with....as i said this is not my line of work so i have no clue what to ask or the exact worth...just an estimate based off of current auction prices
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:29 pm

where you located?
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

Mr. M-500t

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:46 pm

Toy Maker wrote:I must offer my sincerest apologies for these guys....

We have had this problem with this forum for the past 5 years. This is the REASON the "Buy Sell for Noobies" was created !!!!
FAR TOO OFTEN !!!! These guys seem to to BASH (or at least scare off) noobies that come on with equipment being offered for sale.

Every one of these guys has been warned to BACK OFF this sections posts many times already.

Here was one of the old bashing threads: viewtopic.php?f=126&t=10742&hilit=lightstar

and my reply to the members:
Toy Maker wrote:Noob or not, if it were a Lightstar, I'd be glad to have a 1st crack at it before it hit eBay.
And I'd expect a little gratitude if I were selling it as a nob, to have offered it to the forum before going to eBay.
Not everyone has time, or even cares about forums to sign up. But taking the time to sign up just to offer things to us 1st is nice if you ask me.

I would think most people trying to sell to a forum know they will not get top dollar for an item unless it is rare.

So again, please ignore all the paranoid HEATERS and move on with your sale.

From this point forward, I will either EDIT or DELETE every paranoid, warning, bashing, avoid, leery post made under any Noobie sale.......
UNLESS.............. You can provide evidence backing up your warnings and or statements.

Don't get me wrong... IF there IS legitimate information to warrant a "warning" I WANT it posted.
The warnings must have validity, or they will be edited or removed.

I don't think anyone intended on HEATING you up James; except maybe OO ! He's is, IMHO, besides Jesse (F1), becoming our official Rabel Rouser ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

Jag_97470

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:53 pm

[quote="Mr. M-500t"]
I don't think anyone intended on HEATING you up James except maybe OO ! He's is IMHO besides Jesse (F1) becoming our official Rabel Rouser ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

OMG! Your killing me! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Next

Return to "The Welcome Mat"