FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:05 am

Which Carver component(s)

<<

ddeboer

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:20 pm

Which Carver component(s)

Hi-I'm new to the site.Glad to have found a dedicated carver forum.I'm hoping someone can shed some light on which Carver setup I should go with-looking for an audiophile setup on a budget!. Until now I've been using a Niles amp/Rotel receiver and CD. I'm looking to change my components to Carver. The question is do I go with a Carver receiver/amp or a separate amp and receiver. I will be running a CD player in addition to using the tuner for FM.I live in a townhouse so am more interested in quality sound versus providing sound for a massive space.Any advice?? Thankyou in advance.
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:09 pm

Re: Which Carver component(s)

hello and welcome. there are so many choices that many will chime in on. i would say a c-1 pre, tfmXX whatever your budget allows, with a cd player that i like called a jolida. a sd/a490t carver is also nice, but at 20 plus years under it's belt, a new jolida is the same kind of money. i gave around 500 shipped to my door from the manufacture in china while they were on specail. another thing to look out for is a set of alIII speakers. bigger than not, but oh so nice.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:46 pm

What's you budget & what exactly do you want to accomplish in sound? Speakers?
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:09 pm

Howdy and Welcome! There have been some good reply's so far!
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...
<<

ddeboer

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:07 pm

TNRabbit wrote:What's you budget & what exactly do you want to accomplish in sound? Speakers?

I'm looking for a secondary system. Are the integrated receivers (ie:'the receiver') a good way to go? I plan to use a pair of ADL speakers I've had for a while. I guess my question is: what's the advantage of going separate componenets over an integrated receiver?I've read that some Carver integrated receivers are great performers.Thanks for the advice....
<<

MRHP

TFM-75

Post Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:36 am

Carver makes good receivers but seperates are the way to go as far as ultimate sound quality. Check ebay for a CT-6 preamp/tuner. I have seen them go for $100. It has sonic holography, sounds great,and takes up very little space being quite thin. Then get a TFM-15 or whatever your budget allows. Oh yea and WELCOME!! \:D/ \:D/
TFM-75 serial #0001
PT-2400 serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0002
Bone Stock Lightstar
Vintage Hi-Fi modified Lightstar
Cherry/260's
Carver 490t
Sunfire Tube preamp
ProJect TT Tube preamp
DENON DP-62L TurnTable
DQ-20's
Douglas Cables
More Douglas cables
OK ERIC, LET GO OF THE MOUSE AND BACK AWAY FROM YOUR PC WITH YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR. NOW SLOWLY LAY FACE DOWN ON THE FLOOR!!!! - Snoop65

Return to "The Welcome Mat"