FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:14 am

Which Carver component(s)

<<

ddeboer

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:20 pm

Which Carver component(s)

Hi-I'm new to the site.Glad to have found a dedicated carver forum.I'm hoping someone can shed some light on which Carver setup I should go with-looking for an audiophile setup on a budget!. Until now I've been using a Niles amp/Rotel receiver and CD. I'm looking to change my components to Carver. The question is do I go with a Carver receiver/amp or a separate amp and receiver. I will be running a CD player in addition to using the tuner for FM.I live in a townhouse so am more interested in quality sound versus providing sound for a massive space.Any advice?? Thankyou in advance.
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:09 pm

Re: Which Carver component(s)

hello and welcome. there are so many choices that many will chime in on. i would say a c-1 pre, tfmXX whatever your budget allows, with a cd player that i like called a jolida. a sd/a490t carver is also nice, but at 20 plus years under it's belt, a new jolida is the same kind of money. i gave around 500 shipped to my door from the manufacture in china while they were on specail. another thing to look out for is a set of alIII speakers. bigger than not, but oh so nice.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:46 pm

What's you budget & what exactly do you want to accomplish in sound? Speakers?
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:09 pm

Howdy and Welcome! There have been some good reply's so far!
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...
<<

ddeboer

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:07 pm

TNRabbit wrote:What's you budget & what exactly do you want to accomplish in sound? Speakers?

I'm looking for a secondary system. Are the integrated receivers (ie:'the receiver') a good way to go? I plan to use a pair of ADL speakers I've had for a while. I guess my question is: what's the advantage of going separate componenets over an integrated receiver?I've read that some Carver integrated receivers are great performers.Thanks for the advice....
<<

MRHP

TFM-75

Post Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:36 am

Carver makes good receivers but seperates are the way to go as far as ultimate sound quality. Check ebay for a CT-6 preamp/tuner. I have seen them go for $100. It has sonic holography, sounds great,and takes up very little space being quite thin. Then get a TFM-15 or whatever your budget allows. Oh yea and WELCOME!! \:D/ \:D/
TFM-75 serial #0001
PT-2400 serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0001
A Lightstar or two
Cherry/260's
Carver 490t
Sunfire Tube preamp
ProJect TT Tube preamp
DENON DP-62L TurnTable
Dual CS5000 Turn Table
DQ-20's
Douglas Cables
OK ERIC, LET GO OF THE MOUSE AND BACK AWAY FROM YOUR PC WITH YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR. NOW SLOWLY LAY FACE DOWN ON THE FLOOR!!!! - Snoop65

Return to "The Welcome Mat"