FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:26 am

Help identify carver speakers

<<

jjptkd

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:16 pm

Re: Help identify carver speakers

Sounds like you have a pair of the original amazings, could you post some pics? :-k Welcome to the club! =D> =D> =D>
Sunfire TGP-III
Sunfire 225x5
PS Audio DL-III DAC
Klipsch KP 250 II (2 Pairs)
Klipsch RSW 15
(2) 18" Klipsch KP 480 Subs
Samson SX3200 (750x2 Sub Amp)
<<

frankieD

Frankie The Mouth

Post Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:20 pm

imalan54 wrote:First of all I'm a newbe here and have read a lot of posts on your forum. It looks like a great place for information. However I can't seam to find what I'm looking for, so I'll ask you kind people. I obtained a pair of what I believe to be older Platinums. The only identifing mark is a number on the back of the speaker which reads R 0998. The speaker case measures 66" tall x 27" top x 34" bottom. They have 4 - 12" speakers and a 48" ribbon speaker. The crossover board measures 10" x 3 1/2". I would like to know what the specs are for these and what model they are. The speakers work but the foil center covers on the 12" speakers rattle, and some of the surounds are bad. Thanks in advance. :-k

Re check your measurements. If you have 4 x 12" woofers you should have either a 60" or 2 x 30" ribbons.
These can be several versions of the origianl Amazing Loudspeakers.

If you have a 48" ribbon & 3 x 12" then you have the Silver edition.

Photos would be a good idea too.
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:20 pm

imalan54 wrote:First of all I'm a newbe here and have read a lot of posts on your forum. It looks like a great place for information. However I can't seam to find what I'm looking for, so I'll ask you kind people. I obtained a pair of what I believe to be older Platinums. The only identifing mark is a number on the back of the speaker which reads R 0998. The speaker case measures 66" tall x 27" top x 34" bottom. They have 4 - 12" speakers and a 48" ribbon speaker. The crossover board measures 10" x 3 1/2". I would like to know what the specs are for these and what model they are. The speakers work but the foil center covers on the 12" speakers rattle, and some of the surounds are bad. Thanks in advance. :-k

Plat dimensions, but not familiar with a 48" ribbon in them. Is it a 1 piece ribbon that is silver or a two piece Gold ribbon?

My Plat's have a silver 60 inch ribbon and I thought the older ones had two 30 inch Gold ribbons. Someone more familiar with the vintage Plat's I am sure will chime in. Here is a picture of the older Plat's I am familiar with the two piece Gold Ribbons. A picture will help.
Attachments
Plat's with Gold ribbon.jpg
Plat's with Gold ribbon.jpg (4.51 KiB) Viewed 1213 times
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:00 pm

It's probably more likely he counted the number of woofers right but didn't measure the ribbon....
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

thuffman03

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:58 pm

Welcome to the forum!
Some cool Carver stuff!
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:46 am

Looks like Original Amazings to me
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:20 am

Toy Maker wrote:Looks like Original Amazings to me

\Are you talking about the pic DON posted? Otherwise, there's no pic in this thread.....
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

Return to "The Welcome Mat"