List Your System !!!

Just found us? Entering CarverAudio.com for the first time? Post your introductions here and say hi to all of the other Carver enthusiasts.
User avatar
engtaz
"TAZ"
Posts: 5390
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:43 pm
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: List Your System !!!

Post by engtaz » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:20 am

Sweet setup.
engtaz


Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use

User avatar
kmanusa
Newbie 50+
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:35 am
Location: Northern Virginia

Re: List Your System !!!

Post by kmanusa » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:33 am

Jag_97470 wrote:
elgrau wrote:Nice, kaman. What model are those speakers?
Infinity RS-4.5 > I only know this from reading his other post, haha. Thanks for the picture, Just a Beautiful set-up!!! =D>

And, What! Is that a Lightstar on the bottome? I must be seeing things?
Thanks, bottom amp is a Bryston 4B. Another Sunfire is not out of the question though.

User avatar
Kingshead
Newbie
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:42 am
Location: Sierra Mountains

Re: List Your System !!!

Post by Kingshead » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:50 am

Sorry this might be off the current topic, but new to the forum and I guess this is the place to list my gear. I'll start by only mentioning the Carver equipment as the list would seem endless otherwise. I've been told that it's no longer a hobbie but an illness when it goes this far "I love you wife".

O.K., here's the list along with their place in the system.

Left side of my self made custom built entertainment unit.

top: DPL-33 Dolby Pro Logic Surround Sound Processor/Amplifier
next: C-16 Preamplifier
next: TFM-15 Power Amplifier (bridged mono to my center channel speaker)
next: TFM-15 Power Amplifier (feeding the rear channels)
next: TFM-25 Power Amplifier (feeding the main front channels)

Right side

top: TX-12 Tuner
next: TD-1400 Cassette Deck
next: MD/V-500 CD/CDV/LD/Multi-Disc Player
next: SACD player to be mentioned later as it's not a Carver piece of gear (mentioning to complete the system)
next: 1000watt Power Amp (not a Carver) feeding the built in subs

All this topped by a yard sale turntable

Sorry the pic is so grainy, will search my files for a better one later

Addendum: Just noticed the order of the right side equipment is a little skewed, the second piece is actually a Nakamichi tape deck with the Carver in place of the Laser Disc player
Attachments
6-15-2007-07.jpg
6-15-2007-07.jpg (1.59 MiB) Viewed 2036 times
Last edited by Kingshead on Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
College Prof.

User avatar
TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend
Posts: 13360
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:53 am
Location: TN Native Languishing in VA
Contact:

Re: List Your System !!!

Post by TNRabbit » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:49 am

Nice! Feel free to mention your non-Carver gear. We all have mixed systems for the most part. Hell, some don't even own Carver gear anymore!
TNRabbit
Image

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

User avatar
Snoop65
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP
Posts: 2699
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:04 pm
Location: A galaxy far far away

Re: List Your System !!!

Post by Snoop65 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:05 pm

Kingshead wrote:Sorry this might be off the current topic, but new to the forum and I guess this is the place to list my gear. I'll start by only mentioning the Carver equipment as the list would seem endless otherwise. I've been told that it's no longer a hobbie but an illness when it goes this far "I love you wife".

O.K., here's the list along with their place in the system.

Left side of my self made custom built entertainment unit.

top: DPL-33 Dolby Pro Logic Surround Sound Processor/Amplifier
next: C-16 Preamplifier
next: TFM-15 Power Amplifier (bridged mono to my center channel speaker)
next: TFM-15 Power Amplifier (feeding the rear channels)
next: TFM-25 Power Amplifier (feeding the main front channels)

Right side

top: TX-12 Tuner
next: TD-1400 Cassette Deck
next: MD/V-500 CD/CDV/LD/Multi-Disc Player
next: SACD player to be mentioned later as it's not a Carver piece of gear (mentioning to complete the system)
next: 1000watt Power Amp (not a Carver) feeding the built in subs

All this topped by a yard sale turntable

Sorry the pic is so grainy, will search my files for a better one later

I remember those speakers. Are they Totems?
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+Cayin CDT-17a =WOW!!!!!!

User avatar
Kingshead
Newbie
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:42 am
Location: Sierra Mountains

Re: List Your System !!!

Post by Kingshead » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:16 pm

TNRabbit wrote:Nice! Feel free to mention your non-Carver gear. We all have mixed systems for the most part. Hell, some don't even own Carver gear anymore!
OH, I will, BEEEELLLLIIIIEEEEVE ME", but the list is virtually endless, "McIntosh" (said in hushed voice).

Martin
College Prof.

User avatar
Kingshead
Newbie
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:42 am
Location: Sierra Mountains

Re: List Your System !!!

Post by Kingshead » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:26 pm

I remember those speakers. Are they Totems?[/quote]

Actually, about 15 years ago Sony introduced some high end speakers garnering great praise from Stereophile magazine, these are the SS-M3. I built the custom stands pictured myself.

It's not so much that I have a mixed system as that I have multiple systems (I've actually lost count). ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
College Prof.

Mr. M-500t
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs
Posts: 6129
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:00 pm

Re: List Your System !!!

Post by Mr. M-500t » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:57 pm

Very nice Carver Porn ! Looks great ! 8)

User avatar
Kingshead
Newbie
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:42 am
Location: Sierra Mountains

Re: List Your System !!!

Post by Kingshead » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:52 pm

Mr. M-500t wrote:Very nice Carver Porn ! Looks great ! 8)
Thanks, ran the center and rear channels off the processor's built in amps for a while but it lacked dynamics, much improved with the TFM-15's. I know, way over kill for the center and rear cannels.

Martin
College Prof.

User avatar
Snoop65
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP
Posts: 2699
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:04 pm
Location: A galaxy far far away

Re: List Your System !!!

Post by Snoop65 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:26 pm

Kingshead wrote:I remember those speakers. Are they Totems?
Actually, about 15 years ago Sony introduced some high end speakers garnering great praise from Stereophile magazine, these are the SS-M3. I built the custom stands pictured myself.

It's not so much that I have a mixed system as that I have multiple systems (I've actually lost count). ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)[/quote]


Ok I remember now. Thanks
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+Cayin CDT-17a =WOW!!!!!!

User avatar
AlexSauter
Site Admin
Posts: 614
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:41 pm
Location: Fort Myers FL
Contact:

Re: List Your System !!!

Post by AlexSauter » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:04 am

Listing my UPGRADED systems:

(Stereo System)
Modified Carver AL III+'s
Carver Pro PT-1800
Carver TX-2 Tuner (not used)
Logitech Squeezebox (replaced Tuner & dad's CD player)
CARVERaudio Directional RCA interconnects
RCA-Headphone jack for iPad, iPod, & iPhone
(POSSIBLY 2 stand alone 10" JL W6 sub-woofers in the near future)

(Play System for misc use)
Monsoon Powered Subwoofer
Image
4 Mirage Mini X-box Satellite Speakers (VERY NICE little speakers!)
Image
Generic Headphone to Headphone cable

Kicker iPod/iPhone Dock & Boom-box (for outside by the pool)
Image
My system (sitting in the garage):

(Stereo System)
Carver Pro PT-1800
Logitech Squeezebox
RCA-Headphone jack for iPod & iPhone

Jag_97470
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP
Posts: 3369
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:06 am
Location: Oregon

Re: List Your System !!!

Post by Jag_97470 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:30 pm

[quote="Devil Spawn"]Listing my UPGRADED systems:

Kicker iPod/iPhone Dock & Boom-box (for outside by the pool)

Please don't show us any pictures of "you" by the pool please. [-X

User avatar
AlexSauter
Site Admin
Posts: 614
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:41 pm
Location: Fort Myers FL
Contact:

Re: List Your System !!!

Post by AlexSauter » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:50 pm

Jag_97470 wrote:
Devil Spawn wrote:Listing my UPGRADED systems:

Kicker iPod/iPhone Dock & Boom-box (for outside by the pool)

Please don't show us any pictures of "you" by the pool please. [-X
HAHAHA, only in ur dreams Jerry! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
My system (sitting in the garage):

(Stereo System)
Carver Pro PT-1800
Logitech Squeezebox
RCA-Headphone jack for iPod & iPhone

Jag_97470
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP
Posts: 3369
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:06 am
Location: Oregon

Re: List Your System !!!

Post by Jag_97470 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:26 pm

Devil Spawn wrote:
Jag_97470 wrote:
Devil Spawn wrote:Listing my UPGRADED systems:

Kicker iPod/iPhone Dock & Boom-box (for outside by the pool)

Please don't show us any pictures of "you" by the pool please. [-X
HAHAHA, only in ur dreams Jerry! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
OMG! I'm NEVER sleeping again!!! :lol:

fiero11
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:54 am

Re: List Your System !!!

Post by fiero11 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:55 pm

Hi folks,
I'm from TN and new to this site. My system could definately be called vintage since I get it back in the late eighties, but I wouldn't trade it for anything new. It consists of the following:

Denon DP-30LS Direct Drive Turntable
Carver TX-11a Tuner
Carver DTL-200MK2 CD player
Carver C-1 Sonic Holigram Pre-Amplifier
Carver M1.5t Main amplifier -2
Polk Audio SDA CRS+ Loudspeakers
Polk Audio Monitor 10b Loudspeakers

Post Reply

Return to “"The Welcome Mat"”