Carver Kicks Audio Ass!

Just found us? Entering CarverAudio.com for the first time? Post your introductions here and say hi to all of the other Carver enthusiasts.
piinkfloyyd

Carver Kicks Audio Ass!

Post by piinkfloyyd » Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:16 am

Hi folks. I recently went to an auction notorious for its (shabby) merchandise. Imagine my surprise when I saw Carver equipment, which I bid on, and won. I got home and had bought the following: Carver M-1.5t Amp, Carver DTL-100 CD Deck, Carver TX-11 Tuner, Onkyo TA-630D Cassette Deck, and an AD (Audio Dynamics) 1700DD Quartz Direct Drive Turntable. All these pieces were in their original boxes;, all had the original manuals; and all were in original unopened plastic bag. My winning bid was $150.00 (US). I'm now looking for a Carver Pre-amp, and a reel-to-reel tape deck.
I never would have been able to afford Carver until that sale. I've owned a lot of nice stereos in my time, but Carver was always a dream. Now I'm here...![/b]

George

Post by George » Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:41 pm

Nice score Floyd!! Either the M1.5t or the TX-11 alone is worth the $150 bid price, everything else is just icing on the cake. Congrats on a wonderful find man! I love a success story.

Keep your eyes open for a C-1, C-2, C-11, or C-16 preamp. The C-19 is also desirable but tough to find (it's a tube design).

I just sold my old C-1, you can't buy my C-16, or the spare C-11 I keep around (as a spare).

piinkfloyyd

Post by piinkfloyyd » Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:48 pm

yes, Ive been busy as hell on ebay bidding on both the C-1 and C-2 pre-amps, no luck so far, but I'll keep trying. And yes, that was a helluva score. Under no other circumstances would I have been able to come into such fine equipment.

George

Post by George » Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:59 pm

The C-1 and C-11 are the exact same preamp, only differing in cosmetics.

The C-1 and C-2 have the exact same line stage, the C-1 has a quieter phono stage and the Hologram circuit.

I have a Carver warehouse here:

Amazing Platinum Mk.IV's
M-500t power amp
TFM-42 power amp
M4.0t power amp
TFM-35 power amp
C-16 preamp
C-11 preamp
TX-11a tuna

I had a couple C-1's. Had a C-2 but gave it to my brother-in-law, along with an M1.0t power and TX-10 tuner. Also had another M1.0t but was not really impressed with that amp so I sold it. Had a TL-3300 cd player, a C-9 Hologram Generator, and the stand alone Digital Time Lens but sold those too. My first Carver piece was a Receiver 150 that I bought around 1988. Then I bought an M1.5t but traded it back to Carver for the M4.0t.

piinkfloyyd

Post by piinkfloyyd » Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:29 pm

either of those pre-amps for sale? Be a shame to hook anything BUT a Carver pre-amp to this set. I also run a Pioneer SG-9800 12-band/channel EQ and a Optonica RP-3636 turntable, as well as the ADC 1700DD.

Return to “"The Welcome Mat"”