OEM Sunfire stands for CRM-2's and how they hold speaker

Sunfire Speaker Discussions and Questions
TORO3
M-400t CUBE

Re: OEM Sunfire stands for CRM-2's and how they hold speaker

Post by TORO3 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:22 am

Thanks for posting those pics Stereo -- The CRMs look really stable with those stands and the way you have them setup.

Good pics as well.
Sunfire CRM2s, Sunfire CRS3C, Sunfire Cinema Seven, Harmon Kardon AVR240, Sony RCD-W5000

UDUB Football!

Scarabeo
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Scarabeo » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:33 pm

TORO3 wrote:Thanks for posting those pics Stereo -- The CRMs look really stable with those stands and the way you have them setup.

Good pics as well.
TORO3, Did you ever get stands yet?
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...

TORO3
M-400t CUBE

Post by TORO3 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:51 pm

No, I'm actually thinking of selling the CRMs. I haven't really decided yet. Kind of in limbo right now.

Otherwise, I'd pull the trigger.
Sunfire CRM2s, Sunfire CRS3C, Sunfire Cinema Seven, Harmon Kardon AVR240, Sony RCD-W5000

UDUB Football!

jjptkd
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by jjptkd » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:41 pm

http://www.amazon.com/gp/cart/view-upse ... ACUWZD8883

I logged out of amazon and then went back to buy them again and it still lets me. $55 shipped from vann's. There's another seller on amazon offering them for around $60 shipped if that doesn't work.
Oppo Sonica DAC
Sunfire TG-III
Sunfire 300x2
Klipsch Chorus II

Scarabeo
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Scarabeo » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:00 am

TORO3 wrote:No, I'm actually thinking of selling the CRMs. I haven't really decided yet. Kind of in limbo right now.

What would you replace them with?
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...

stereo_buff
TFM-55

Post by stereo_buff » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:24 am

TORO3 wrote:No, I'm actually thinking of selling the CRMs. I haven't really decided yet. Kind of in limbo right now.

What is it that you don't like about them, at least enough to consider selling them? Personally, I think I would be hard pressed to find something I like as much without spending some SERIOUS $$$! But as many have found, proper setup is crucial to unlocking their greatness. Whatever the case, I hope you're happy with what you replace them with.

jjptkd
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by jjptkd » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:51 am

I've had several pairs of CRM-2s and they're great little speakers. Two complaints I have: not loud enough by themselves for me and as loud as they do go, they lack the impact of a larger speaker. I think it would take 2 or even three pairs stacked plus seperate stereo subs, one on each side, in addition to the main sub to fill my sound room to satisfaction. At that point, it would be heaven but at a pretty high cost.
Oppo Sonica DAC
Sunfire TG-III
Sunfire 300x2
Klipsch Chorus II

TORO3
M-400t CUBE

Post by TORO3 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:48 pm

stereo_buff wrote:

What is it that you don't like about them, at least enough to consider selling them? Personally, I think I would be hard pressed to find something I like as much without spending some SERIOUS $$$! But as many have found, proper setup is crucial to unlocking their greatness. Whatever the case, I hope you're happy with what you replace them with.
Yep, totally agree with everything you said. They're great speakers -- the best I've ever owned. The only negative thing that I can say about them is their sensitivity to placement. Or another way of saying it, the current lack of placement I'm going to have when I move back to N. Arizona. Otherwise, they're simply awesome and worth every penny.

I don't know if I'm going to replace them (or even sell them). If I were to sell them they'd be for financial, life-priority, and placement reasons.

UDUB Football!

stereo_buff
TFM-55

Post by stereo_buff » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:35 pm

jjptkd wrote:I've had several pairs of CRM-2s and they're great little speakers. Two complaints I have: not loud enough by themselves for me and as loud as they do go, they lack the impact of a larger speaker. I think it would take 2 or even three pairs stacked plus separate stereo subs, one on each side, in addition to the main sub to fill my sound room to satisfaction. At that point, it would be heaven but at a pretty high cost.
I appreciate your comment, but frankly, they seem to play plenty loud for me - do you have them in a large room, e.g., a gymnasium? As far as impact, what kind of music are you basing this on - heavy metal, classical, etc.?

jjptkd
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by jjptkd » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:37 pm

I listen to good old fashion Rock N Roll, Alternative, some Heavy Metal, Punk, Grunge, Easy Listening, some Indie etc. I'm really a "mood" listener. I can listen to just about anything and occasionally I really like to crank it up. Even at mid volume though my Klipsch speakers have an impact that the CRM-2s just don't have. I've played around quite a bit with both speakers and really, with the right sub combo(s) the CRM-2s work just fine. The sound quality is incredible, don't get me wrong, I just think a string of them with a nice sub setup would be the ultimate sound system. Obviously I can't be the only one who feels this way, otherwise why would there be an 8ft tall version in the works with bigger drivers? :D
Oppo Sonica DAC
Sunfire TG-III
Sunfire 300x2
Klipsch Chorus II

stereo_buff
TFM-55

Post by stereo_buff » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:12 pm

jjptkd wrote:I listen to good old fashion Rock N Roll, Alternative, some Heavy Metal, Punk, Grunge, Easy Listening, some Indie etc. I'm really a "mood" listener. I can listen to just about anything and occasionally I really like to crank it up. Even at mid volume though my Klipsch speakers have an impact that the CRM-2s just don't have. I've played around quite a bit with both speakers and really, with the right sub combo(s) the CRM-2s work just fine. The sound quality is incredible, don't get me wrong, I just think a string of them with a nice sub setup would be the ultimate sound system. Obviously I can't be the only one who feels this way, otherwise why would there be an 8ft tall version in the works with bigger drivers? :D
I think you need a pair of these: http://www.wilsonaudio.com/product_html/alex_intro.html

Scarabeo
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Scarabeo » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:58 pm

stereo_buff wrote: I think you need a pair of these: http://www.wilsonaudio.com/product_html/alex_intro.html
WTF,,,I need a pair of them too! Well but for the Money my Platinum's are as Good as it gets \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Scarabeo
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Scarabeo » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:57 am

Here is another look at the pieces that come with OEM Sunfire stands!
(4) Bolts go into the bottom of the Base to hold the center stand then you just need to add the one bolt to secure the speaker plate to the bottom of the speaker, after that (2) bolts hold the plates with speakers to the center pole - Done.

Return to “Sunfire Speakers”