Just scored a great deal on a new CRS-3C on Ebay

Sunfire Speaker Discussions and Questions
Miko1971
TFM-6cb

Just scored a great deal on a new CRS-3C on Ebay

Post by Miko1971 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:48 pm

Just happen to be strolling along the virtual isles on Ebay and what do i see? a BNIB CRS-3C Center channel for a buy it now price of $500. I jumped on that and had a chance to hook it up and listen to it tonight. I had it hooked up to my right channel and it seems okay. I had the idea of maybe picking up a pair for a L/R/C ménage à trois....

Anyone have this speaker? it's the 4 woofer job...I've be listening to my SoundLabs and i guess i'm just used to a 6ft wall of sound coming at me..maybe it needs to be played for awhile...it was sold by a pawn shop and i had my suspicions that it may not be "brand" new, but it was..somebody lost two of these for not picking them up in the allotted time. I'm sure they lost their ass on 'em.

BrianT
Pair of Silver Sevens

Re: Just scored a great deal on a new CRS-3C on Ebay

Post by BrianT » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:32 am

Good score \:D/
VPI Classic Turntable (black)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Devialet 440PRO Mono Blocks
Audioprana SP/DIF-AES/EBU cable
Auralic Aires G2 Music Server
Audience AU24 USB cable
B&W 803D3 Speakers (black)
Auditorium 23 Speaker Cables
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11

kingman
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post by kingman » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:35 am

Congrats! Post some pics!!! =D> =D> =D>
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

jjptkd
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by jjptkd » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:13 am

A friend of mine uses 3 of those in a L C R set up and he is very happy with them. I've had several sets and they are nice but to get the best out of them you need a quality sub(s) that do well in the mid-bass to really fill in what is missing. With the right set up they can sound just like "big" speakers, without the proper sub(s) and they sound like cheap car speakers IMO. Anyway, congrats on the new speaker!

Below is a picture of a stereo pair of Klipsch RSW-10's running with the CRM-2's, this set up came really close in SQ to my beloved Chorus II's.
Attachments
DSCN0462.JPG
Oppo Sonica DAC
Sunfire TG-III
Sunfire 300x2
Klipsch Chorus II

Miko1971
TFM-6cb

Post by Miko1971 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:20 am

Well, pics wouldn't be much good cuz it's back in the box keeping company with the rest of my home theatre stuff. My plan is to have a separate 2ch music system, and a HT set up. And yea, I didn't cross it over and I was not real impressed with the sound. It looks very well put together I must say. I'm no fan of anything built in China. Soon as I can finish up my pre amp build and collect a few more items then I'll really start diving into the HT game.

Return to “Sunfire Speakers”