RAY !!!

Sunfire Speaker Discussions and Questions
Toy Maker
Puppet Master

RAY !!!

Post by Toy Maker » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:43 am

Pop this puppy open... I wanna see what drivers are inside, and what's in there for a cross over.

Better yet.... send me one of them so I can dissect it... I'll be gentle I promise.

TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend

Post by TNRabbit » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:54 am

Did I miss something? Did someone buy a set of these?!?
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Magnaryder » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:27 pm

I have a set of the CRM-2s I bought for the bar. We're running them with a Carver HR-795 receiver. The sound is pretty good considering where I have them mounted. We're NOT a place you come to listen to music, watch TV or dance. This is a place you come to connect/reconnect with your friends/loved one(s). We plan to be playing Frank, Sammy, Dean, and the like at a VERY low volume, more to enhance atmosphere than anything else.

James, I'll let you know what I find out but sorry it might take me a week or 3....I have serious issues to overcome at the MR/DD facilities.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

"Racing is life, the rest of the time you're just sitting around."-Steve McQueen

Bill
SILVER-7t

Post by Bill » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:42 pm

Did you ever pop one of these open? You're NOT doing it to mine, I was just wondering.... O:)
You can't fix stupid.
George wrote:In certain configurations you need a permission slip from your Mom to bridge amps.

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Magnaryder » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:44 pm

No, I haven't as of yet. I have been working so much I've only spent 1/2 hour with the ECS-U TRex had the MADDDMANNN send me.

I'm so far behind I won't even be able to make it to my own funeral.

RimLikrs for everyone attending :-)

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

"Racing is life, the rest of the time you're just sitting around."-Steve McQueen

Kahuna
TFM-45
Location: Area 51-Skunk Works Division - Space Age Materials Lab

Post by Kahuna » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:53 pm

Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly is it? (And you have one Bill?)
"The only thing in this world that gives orders, is balls"

German engineering in the haus..........Jah!

I'm from the United States of KISS MY @$$

Handle every stressful situation like a dog: Piss on it and walk away..

maddmaxxx
(Pair of Silver 9t's)

Post by maddmaxxx » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:41 pm

-'electronic control speaker / unit'...i presume

-has SH and a girdry? control[SH=good...the girdry? control ehances vocals...tho that 'part' did'nt work to my hearing...plus has bass/treble dials/pots [very good quality]

-a MUST for ALS's [non mk4's] PERIOD [hard to believe more guyzes are unaware of this unit, including myslf... ](*,) just WOW

-very impressed on ALSoriginals and a pr of NON mk4, silvers that were my test spks...ACCURIZED my listening experience [heard more musical instruments]
-this 'article' is in the 'for-sale' thread here in the 'archives' [maybe trex can post linky]

-mr tah800 did NOT find this 'unit' important, my feelings/findings, were quite the opposite

-solid, heavy built contruction *5*

-very glad to have the experience of this 'loaner' unit...100% /mx approved *5*

-designed for non mk4, ALS's...[manual states for 'box' spks too]

-NOT SNAKEOIL, NO WAY !!!, [opinion]...now gotta try the carver moving coil 'black box'

-acorse, i am from the least amount of 'stuff' in signalpath, the betterer

-currently use pl1000, pl1000 series 2 and the 'early C9 [w/rack handle 'ears'...less handles]....oh O:)
-* © Küül ®™ /mx...
-Too hip gotta book
-"Don't BAN me Bro!"...el/doro

Bill
SILVER-7t

Post by Bill » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:53 pm

"It" is a CRM-2, and yes I have a pair now....They are incredible with the sub, I'll have to drop by with them sometime. \:D/
You can't fix stupid.
George wrote:In certain configurations you need a permission slip from your Mom to bridge amps.

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Re: RAY !!!

Post by treitz3 » Sat May 03, 2008 10:50 pm

Ray, have you had any time with this? I'd like to give it a whirl on my rig and then pass it on to others if you have had time with her...LMK.....
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Return to “Sunfire Speakers”