Sunfire CRM-2 Speakers

Sunfire Speaker Discussions and Questions
TORO3
M-400t CUBE

Re: Sunfire CRM-2 Speakers

Post by TORO3 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:34 pm

Thanks for the candid responses. It wasn't what I wanted to hear, but you're both right...the stands are just way too short since my ear level is at 36".

I don't know, I've been looking for an alternative to the OEM stands for the past couple of months and have fallen short. There's not too many stands out there with the L mount or mounting screw on the bottom plate. Plus, I'm worried about them falling over due to the dog...so something heavy is paramount.

I'll keep searching, or maybe I'll go in debt like the rest of the country and buy the OEM stands. There's just really no point in buying a short stand if it has a negative effect on $1600 speakers.

Thanks again. Greatly appreciated!
Sunfire CRM2s, Sunfire CRS3C, Sunfire Cinema Seven, Harmon Kardon AVR240, Sony RCD-W5000

UDUB Football!

OconeeOrange
"Forum Troll"
"Forum Troll"

Post by OconeeOrange » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:04 pm

too short use a brick
too tall use a saw

Damn - stop being such a girl and work with what you have. ](*,)

Crap, now I just posted something that will offend.
Fuck - I tried really hard not to do that again -

Yea, few of you have the guts to even post, none will back me up, many will slam.

TORO3
M-400t CUBE

Post by TORO3 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:23 pm

Love the response.

No worries about offending. I get your point.
Sunfire CRM2s, Sunfire CRS3C, Sunfire Cinema Seven, Harmon Kardon AVR240, Sony RCD-W5000

UDUB Football!

Scarabeo
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Scarabeo » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:48 am

OconeeOrange wrote:

Yea, few of you have the guts to even post, none will back me up, many will slam.
[-X Now Now - Don't be your own worst enemy! Your asking for NO one to back you up PLUS you asked us to slam you :-k :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Try and find a liquor that works with you and will not make you angry with your self :lol:

Don't worry TORO3 I too am working at a solution for the CMR-2's and Finding the best Stand and I will soon post the answer at a price that is cheap!
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...

BillD
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend
Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post by BillD » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:42 am

Scarabeo wrote: Try and find a liquor that works with you and will not make you angry with your self :lol:
That was my dad and gin. It would turn his mood from serene to vile in the time it took for it to cross his lips and get to his stomach.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

peck555
TFM-6cb

Post by peck555 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:29 pm

You could build a 10" high box filled with sand/bricks/lead shot, and bolt the speaker stands to it...just a thought.(obviously I'm talking about the 30" stands)

Scarabeo
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Scarabeo » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:02 pm

peck555 wrote:You could build a 10" high box filled with sand/bricks/lead shot, and bolt the speaker stands to it...just a thought.(obviously I'm talking about the 30" stands)
:-k
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...

Scarabeo
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Scarabeo » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:51 pm

TORO3 wrote: I don't know, I've been looking for an alternative to the OEM stands for the past couple of months and have fallen short. There's not too many stands out there with the L mount or mounting screw on the bottom plate. Plus, I'm worried about them falling over due to the dog...so something heavy is paramount.
TORO3, Here is a safe method using the SANUS EFSAT'S and I waited to put it to the test but its a small cosmetic issue that may bother some but still (Not so bad)...

Put a 5 pound weight at the base! Just go to your local sports shop and pick up a set 5 or 10 pound Black weights! and if you have the sliding issue put some clamps there to hold it from Home Depot and bypass the crappy tiny screw pin that adjust the height. Measure the ribbon so the middle is 41 inches from the floor and you will be good to go!!! I have 5 pounds but with a big Dog you should go with 10 pounds to be safe :D

Here the top is turned BACKWARD NOTE the wire coming out of the center stand pole at base

TORO3
M-400t CUBE

Post by TORO3 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:12 pm

Very nice, Scarebeo!

That's def. a smart and cheap solution. During a break, I did a quick search for speaker stands and found that they make a 34" Sanus speaker stand, which can be found here:

http://www.audio-video-furniture.com/Sa ... -Stand.htm

My seating position is a little lower than "normal" seating positions, which makes these a likely candidate. Depending on finances, I'll either go with your solution or the 34" stands I just found.

Whether or not I came across as a little bitch...I thank you for all of your help. Much appreciated, man!

UDUB Football!

Scarabeo
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Scarabeo » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:48 am

TORO3 wrote:Very nice, Scarebeo!

That's def. a smart and cheap solution. During a break, I did a quick search for speaker stands and found that they make a 34" Sanus speaker stand, which can be found here:

http://www.audio-video-furniture.com/Sa ... -Stand.htm

My seating position is a little lower than "normal" seating positions, which makes these a likely candidate. Depending on finances, I'll either go with your solution or the 34" stands I just found.

Whether or not I came across as a little bitch...I thank you for all of your help. Much appreciated, man!
OMG - NOOOOO Don't go with those,,,,, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just Kidding! Oh and you never came across anything other then GREAT and someone wanting help idea's to best match your speakers and that is what makes this forum great is people like you!!! I will be getting rid of my sanus stands being I got OEM one's - Good Luck and I will tell you more about the OEM Sunfire stands when there set up!

TORO3
M-400t CUBE

Post by TORO3 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:04 am

Thanks a ton, Scarebeo. You've helped me a lot since I arrived on this forum -- greatly appreciated!

I'm looking forward to pictures of the OEM stands in your system. I'm jealous that you were able to get those stands (and CRS3s) at a good price.

UDUB Football!

Don
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Don » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:36 am

Purchased these some time ago for center channel speakers. http://www.csnstores.com/asp/show_detail.asp?sku=PT0006

Have them filled with small granite rocks and they would still be dangerous if I had a toddler crawling around. Fine without little ones. My bases are a couple of inches smaller than yours and my CC speakers are probably twice as tall as the CRM-2's. Just food for thought.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP BILL D. RIP WRABBIT

Scarabeo
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Scarabeo » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:31 am

frankieD wrote:I have a set.

I tried them out & they are "amazing" but I didn't have the necessary sub (yet). They do need a sub.

Frank.
This is a "OLD" post but did you ever get a Sub for the CMR-2's? What did you get if so? I was just listening to my set and looking at the forum and seen this and Hoping you got this squared away long ago and got the fullness of those speakers.

TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend

Post by TNRabbit » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:08 am

OconeeOrange wrote:too short use a brick
too tall use a saw

Damn - stop being such a girl and work with what you have. ](*,)

I love it~

Don't forget; if you get too ambitious with the saw, use duct tape to fix it....
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

Return to “Sunfire Speakers”