Alright Don....spill the beans, man!

Reviews for Equipment other than Carver / Sunfire
Don
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Re: Alright Don....spill the beans, man!

Post by Don » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:13 am

Tom,

Forthcoming. Hint:Wow
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP BILL D. RIP WRABBIT

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Cool....

Post by treitz3 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:18 pm

That'll do for now. 8)

Take your time and do it up the best ya' can. I appreciate it, Don. Inquiring minds want to know.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Not gonna dodge this one, Don!

Post by treitz3 » Sun May 01, 2011 8:10 am

*clears throat*
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Don
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Re: Not gonna dodge this one, Don!

Post by Don » Sun May 01, 2011 8:49 am

treitz3 wrote:*clears throat*
Tom,

Currently dealing with serious health issues in aging family member with dementia. :( Sad situation. Review will be forthcoming is my only commitment at this juncture. Free time is prioritized. Review is not near the top. As everyone knows, a through review will be very time consuming. Current mindless posts take all of 30 seconds.

However, the Whisper XD's do not disappoint these ears in any area. I am very happy with my choice. =D>

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

I did not know....

Post by treitz3 » Sun May 01, 2011 12:20 pm

Dear Lord, my bad. I was trying to add humor to the thread and it apparently backfired. Best of luck and best wishes to a greater outcome than that which has been portrayed here. Prayers sent and the review will come in due time.

Family first. [-o<

Don
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Re: I did not know....

Post by Don » Sun May 01, 2011 1:45 pm

treitz3 wrote:Dear Lord, my bad. I was trying to add humor to the thread and it apparently backfired. Best of luck and best wishes to a greater outcome than that which has been portrayed here. Prayers sent and the review will come in due time.

Family first. [-o<

Tom,

No problem. Things a bit upside down and unsettled, to say the least. Thanks for the prayers. [-o<
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP BILL D. RIP WRABBIT

engtaz
"TAZ"

Post by engtaz » Mon May 02, 2011 4:12 am

Prayer send Don. Remember that he carries us.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Post by treitz3 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:21 am

Hello, Don. Do you have some time to offer your observations on the speakers yet?

Don
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Don » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:24 pm

Tom,

Spent yesterday in er room with dad. Ran to concert last night. Today at nursing home with terri visiting her mom. Review is just not a priority in the scheme of things. Juggling free time with ongoing crisis
i am sorry, when things calm, i will try and move up on list. As i post, terri's mom has developed a compulsive behavior disorder & constantly yells help. It makes a person feel so helpless.
— Thomas Paine

RIP BILL D. RIP WRABBIT

kingman
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post by kingman » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:10 pm

I am so sorry Don...prayers to you, Terri, and your family.
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

Snoop65
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Snoop65 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:46 pm

Adding you to my prayer list Don [-o<
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+Cayin CDT-17a =WOW!!!!!!

Chauss
(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post by Chauss » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:08 pm

Dealing with the aging and declining health of parents is tough. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family Don! [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein

frankieD
Frankie The Mouth

Post by frankieD » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:34 pm

As we get older the only thing worse than having to take care of our parents is wondering what it will be like & who will take care of us.

Trult, getting old is not for sissies.

My prayers are with you Don.

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Post by treitz3 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:48 pm

Don, I hope to one day not to have my family in your position. Family first. Beyond that? Nothing else matters.

Prayer sent. [-o<

Shortcake
SILVER-7t

Post by Shortcake » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:05 pm

My thoughts are with you.

Some great information from some of my fav clients that I found interesting - maybe you will too:

http://agingparents.com/blog/

http://www.agingcare.com/
“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” ― Plato

Return to “Reviews for Equipment other than Carver / Sunfire”