E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Inegrated Amplifier

Reviews for Equipment other than Carver / Sunfire
Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Re: E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Inegrated Amplifier

Post by Magnaryder » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:21 pm

Dan, where's the love??? SOB with the Fosgate won't sell it!!! Offered him his price..said no. Did some tube rolling and decided to keep it.
ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

"Racing is life, the rest of the time you're just sitting around."-Steve McQueen

Jag_97470
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Jag_97470 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:40 pm

Wow, I see why you fell in Love with it, that is Awesome!!

Snoop65
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Snoop65 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:04 pm

Magnaryder wrote:Dan, where's the love??? SOB with the Fosgate won't sell it!!! Offered him his price..said no. Did some tube rolling and decided to keep it.
ray
That's fucked up. Sorry to hear that.
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+Cayin CDT-17a =WOW!!!!!!

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Magnaryder » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:42 pm

Tonight I (finally) finished the deal on a very nice Fosgate Signature Phono pre. I made what I think is a good deal, we'll see when it gets here from the 'Great White North', but I did notice it was packed very well. I have some tubes to roll into it when it arrives, but I need a set of Telefunken 12AT7s to mate with the Telefunken 12AX7s and my DPS (EI) deParavicini 7DJ8s I plan to run in it. So...my next voyage is into the realm of phono carts. Research on the Fosgate has shown it requires a bit of output from the phono cart to give its' best. More seems to be best in this case, at least 0.8mv. Bearing that in mind, I've been eyeing some HO MC&MM cartridges specifically the Benz Micro Glider and some of Soundsmith's offerings. I've heard nothing but glowing reviews of them. We'll see how the Shure type III G does with the new pre. I've also been reading on TT and cartridge setup

Good read here:

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/article ... cartridge/

ray
Last edited by Magnaryder on Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

"Racing is life, the rest of the time you're just sitting around."-Steve McQueen

Snoop65
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Snoop65 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:03 pm

OUTSTANDING!!!!! CONGRATS RAY!!!!!! =D> =D> =D> =D>
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+Cayin CDT-17a =WOW!!!!!!

engtaz
"TAZ"

Post by engtaz » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:18 am

Congrats Ray you are spoiling yourself awesome.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use

helicopterpilotdoug
(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post by helicopterpilotdoug » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:02 pm

=D> Congrats Ray!! =D> Glad you finally were able to make a deal on a Fosgate!
Sunfire: Theater Grand IV, Cinema Grand Signature.
Carver: TFM-45, PST-24 Cassette, Extra Carver Gear: CT-6, C-11 (S/N 00001).
Polk Audio: Mains SRS 2.1TL, Center CSiA6, Surrounds FXiA6 and FXiA4, Sub DSW MicroPro 1000, Extra Speakers SDA 2A, SDA 2Btl, Monitor 10A.
Turntable: Dual CS 714Q
Bluray/SACD: Oppo BDP 83SE
CD: Sony 330 300 Disk changer

http://www.douglasconnection.com

Chauss
(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post by Chauss » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:13 pm

Thanks for the link Ray! - good read- =D>

Congrats on your recent pickup too- enjoy!
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Magnaryder » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:10 pm

At 3:20 this morning my Fosgate pre escaped the GreatWhiteNorth and landed safely stateside. I 'should' have it in my hands early next week. In the meantime I'll spend my time testing tubes for the great tube rolling event.

update: at 8pm my pre was scanned in at the sort facility in Bethpage NY

ray
Magnaryder

Snoop65
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Snoop65 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:35 pm

And the excitement builds!!! :D

helicopterpilotdoug
(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post by helicopterpilotdoug » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:17 am

Ray, it's a real shame you are not very excited about getting that Fosgate! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sunfire: Theater Grand IV, Cinema Grand Signature.
Carver: TFM-45, PST-24 Cassette, Extra Carver Gear: CT-6, C-11 (S/N 00001).
Polk Audio: Mains SRS 2.1TL, Center CSiA6, Surrounds FXiA6 and FXiA4, Sub DSW MicroPro 1000, Extra Speakers SDA 2A, SDA 2Btl, Monitor 10A.
Turntable: Dual CS 714Q
Bluray/SACD: Oppo BDP 83SE
CD: Sony 330 300 Disk changer

http://www.douglasconnection.com

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Magnaryder » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:05 pm

helicopterpilotdoug wrote:Ray, it's a real shame you are not very excited about getting that Fosgate! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ITS HERE!!!!

I didn't want to threadjack over in Sunfire, but it arrived today. I guess Doug and I got lucky on the same day. I played 2 songs, just to make sure it ran OK and not enough to even get an impression. I did roll in 2 deParavacini 7DJ8s and a pair of Telefunken 12AX7s instead of the Svetlana tubes. I did get some vintage Sylvania 12AT7s in the deal. More later.

ray
Magnaryder

Snoop65
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Snoop65 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:10 pm

Magnaryder wrote:
helicopterpilotdoug wrote:Ray, it's a real shame you are not very excited about getting that Fosgate! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ITS HERE!!!!

I didn't want to threadjack over in Sunfire, but it arrived today. I guess Doug and I got lucky on the same day. I played 2 songs, just to make sure it ran OK and not enough to even get an impression. I did roll in 2 deParavacini 7DJ8s and a pair of Telefunken 12AX7s instead of the Svetlana tubes. I did get some vintage Sylvania 12AT7s in the deal. More later.

ray
Congrats Ray!!! Enjoy!!!! :D =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Chauss
(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post by Chauss » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:14 pm

Enjoy Ray!!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Magnaryder » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:54 pm

I spent Saturday afternoon and evening at the New Vintage HiFi of Pittsburgh(Beemer's) new digs in Allison Park, Pa. What a place! 3 floors of great things going on. We drank some Crown, ate some stuffed peppers and burgers hot off the fire and spoke of things musical. I may have found the perfect (non-horn) speakers to run with the V20. Tom has a pristine set of Energy Reference Connoisseur 22s. I've heard these speakers before but never powered by a CF amp. They sound perfect with the 20Watt CF amp, so I think they will sound REALLY good with the V20.

Tom played music that I was very familiar with and the CF/Energy rig acquitted itself very well indeed. Bass was deep, powerful but not bloated. I'm surprised Energy was able to integrate the woofer and (million dollar) tweeter so well. These are very musical speakers. I can't wait to get my hands on a pair.

ray
Magnaryder

Return to “Reviews for Equipment other than Carver / Sunfire”