VMPS Larger sub

Reviews for Equipment other than Carver / Sunfire
treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

VMPS Larger sub

Post by treitz3 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:03 pm

Review coming soon to a post near you...

For now, refer to this thread....

viewtopic.php?p=41584#41584
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend

Re: VMPS Larger sub

Post by TNRabbit » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:44 am

WELL...?!? :-s
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Post by treitz3 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:31 pm

You dog. I am still doing tax crap. When all of that is done I will have time to dial in the SMS-1 and give a real low down on this sub. Preliminary short review? Absolutely outfu(kingstanding, low digging sub that apparently you can throw anything at. Your amp will croak before this sub.......as talked about in the above link.

Only downside encountered so far is the amount of nail pops that were just professionally taken care of during the recent remodel of the listening room. All walls that are near this sub now has new nail pops including the master bathroom which is on the other side of the wall. Well worth it though. The sound stage takes on a whole new dimension and offers a new level of listening pleasure to listen too with just a two channel rig. 8) "Sparky likey". *5*

I can however offer a review of the Odyssey amp I typed up last night for the PF. Look for it in another post.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

SleeperSupra

Post by SleeperSupra » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:53 pm

I also have the VMPS Larger Subwoofer in my system with my original ALS as front L+R and a pair of ESS Heil as my center speaker. Even with 12 twelves as my front stage this sub takes it to a new level. Great slam, very deep, low distortion, and seamless when crossed over below 40 Hz.

Any updates on your end?

The link you posted no longer works...

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Post by treitz3 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:22 am

Hello SleeperSupra, I have repaired the link and it will now direct you to the thread I was referring too. That thread should catch you up on some of my observations and experiences. I still think this sub will be going to the grave with me as there is absolutely no need to replace it. When done up correctly with the Velo SMS-1 that's correctly calibrated, great SC's and IC's hooking them all together powered by a killer amp? This sub delivers in spades.

I still give it *5* after all this time. Please note that I do prefer hooking the sub up in mono -vs- stereo. The comments above were with the sub hooked up in mono.

Return to “Reviews for Equipment other than Carver / Sunfire”