MIT IC Advice

Reviews for Equipment other than Carver / Sunfire
PDR
TFM-45

MIT IC Advice

Post by PDR » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:10 am

A while back a discussion came up on the form about ICs, I asked the question.....which do you recommend?
Both OBI and F1nut suggested Mits, when I asked which ones for my system...It was told the S3s.
I bought these a while back, did the 200hr burn in thing with an old amp and speakers and then placed them
between my CDP and pre amp. I probably have over 300hrs on these now and I just have to say...Wow!!
I did a critical listening session with a friend on Sat. and I cant tell you how good these sound on my system.
Thanks so much to Marc and Jesse for steering me this way.....Years of experience shared at my finger tips!!
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
I liked them so much I have just recently bought another pair of used 330s...No break in time \:D/
What a great place this is.

Perry

Dreamer
SILVER-7t

Re: MIT IC Advice

Post by Dreamer » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:04 am

PDR wrote:...I bought these a while back, did the 200hr burn in thing with an old amp and speakers and then placed them
between my CDP and pre amp. I probably have over 300hrs on these now and I just have to say...Wow!!...
Perry, this is something I don't think I'm familiar with. Please explain this burn-in technique for ICs. I'm not clear on how you would connect a pair of ICs between and amp and a speaker. I'm assuming it requires building some sort of adapter using RCA jacks and bare leads. Do you have pics?

--Richard
.....HT Rig • Sony STR-DG600 Receiver • Carver M-500t • Sony BDP-S1 • Sony DVP-NS3100ES • Apple Airport Express •
..............................• Martin Logan Scenarios, Logos • Realistic Minimus 7's • Velodyne F-1500b •

2 Ch. Rig • Carver C-4000t • Silver 7t's • Krell KAV-300i • Oppo DV-981HD • Benchmark DAC1-USB • MacBook Pro 17", iTunes •
......• Technics SL-1350 turntable with Sumiko headshell, leads, and Bluepoint cartridge • Martin Logan Sequels •

.........................................................-+-Click Here to see my system-+-

PDR
TFM-45

Post by PDR » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:26 am

Sorry Dreamer.. :-"
I meant I used an old set of speakers hooked to a old amp with the ICs between cd player and amp......No magic here....
sometimes I think faster than I type!! 8-[

Perry

Dreamer
SILVER-7t

Post by Dreamer » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:45 pm

OK, i though you were talking about some high-current burn-in technique, where you used your ICs between an amp and speakers. It seems I vaguely remember one of the high-end audio writers talking about a similar thing back in the late '80's...
.....HT Rig • Sony STR-DG600 Receiver • Carver M-500t • Sony BDP-S1 • Sony DVP-NS3100ES • Apple Airport Express •
..............................• Martin Logan Scenarios, Logos • Realistic Minimus 7's • Velodyne F-1500b •

2 Ch. Rig • Carver C-4000t • Silver 7t's • Krell KAV-300i • Oppo DV-981HD • Benchmark DAC1-USB • MacBook Pro 17", iTunes •
......• Technics SL-1350 turntable with Sumiko headshell, leads, and Bluepoint cartridge • Martin Logan Sequels •

.........................................................-+-Click Here to see my system-+-

Return to “Reviews for Equipment other than Carver / Sunfire”