Karma Carver receiver for parts

Carver Home Audio (Stereo) Discussions and Questions
Don
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Karma Carver receiver for parts

Post by Don » Mon May 14, 2018 10:49 am

My son's boss gave him this receiver a couple of weeks ago. We hooked it up to headphones last night. First distortion, then hum, then it smelled hot. All of that in 5 minutes or less. Anyone going to Carverfest wants this for parts? Otherwise, going in dumpster. Do not think it is worth incurring shipping charges. The only caveat is need to have room to bring it. The way Terri packs is the wildcard. :rolleyes:
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg (19.56 KiB) Viewed 947 times
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP BILL D. RIP WRABBIT

frenchguy
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Re: Karma Carver receiver for parts

Post by frenchguy » Mon May 14, 2018 10:55 am

Don, I would think that Harry would want it as I picked up a used one like that last year for him, I have to bring it to the fest for him! probobly could make one good one between the 2! I will wait for him to chime in though!! :lol: 8)
Carver Silver 7t mono blocks, Carver M-4.0t & 2 tfm 42,s. ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t,TX11 tuner, jolida jd 100A. JBL L96 & JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Dared SL-2000A tube preamp, Dared MP-5BT Integrated vacuum tube amp, 2 sets of Carver Amazing Silver speakers, oak & black. Carver Cinema 5.1 subwoofer & Tesla audio Carverfest satellite ribbon speakers & stands & Douglas connection cables

kingman
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post by kingman » Mon May 14, 2018 11:15 am

Harry will take any equipment!!! Lol!
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

Don
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Don » Mon May 14, 2018 11:25 am

It would be good if someone can recycle some of the parts rather than go in the dumpster at my local Wendy's. Just kidding Wayne. :lol: The outside case isn't bad. The rack handles are turned inward.

Will wait for Harry to weigh in.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP BILL D. RIP WRABBIT

hewlew1
"You Fuckin' Fucks"

Post by hewlew1 » Mon May 14, 2018 4:46 pm

I will take it Don . I may be able to use some stuff from it. 3 1/2 months isn't to long to wait. Thanks Don!
"Carver Audio, why settle for less, just ask my neighbors"
C1,C2,CT3,CT6,CT7/3,CT23,CT26,C4000,The Receiver,M500,M500T/6,M1.5T,TFM24/2,TFM/25/3,TFM35,TFM35X,TFM42/2,DTL200,TDR1700,DPL20,TX11/2, 5.2Center,5.1Sub/3,Original Amazings,Platinum Amazings/2,AL3'S,Polk SDA SRS, Polk SDA 1C's, Polk RTA11's, Polk Monitor 10's/2 ,Monitor 7's, Sunfire 300x2 /5, Sunfire pre, Sunfire MK2 Sub/2, 4 Carverfest monoblocks, Carverfest linestage preamp/2, Mapletree Audio Designs Tube Preamp,Phase Linear Andromeda III speakers, Phase Linear 4000 Preamp, Dahlquist DQ-10's
CERTIFIED AMPLE PLIERS EXPERT
Some of the best fuckings we get during our lifetime come from a relative!
I don't kiss ass, I dont take peoples shit, so dont expect it from me!

Don
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Don » Mon May 14, 2018 6:22 pm

You got it my friend, Will bring to CF.
— Thomas Paine

RIP BILL D. RIP WRABBIT

engtaz
"TAZ"

Post by engtaz » Tue May 15, 2018 1:42 am

Don, I had a Carver 900 that started to go bad. When I went to move it out of the rack and Ijeard a rattle. I found that the kids had used the vents as a piggy bank. Once I got all the change out it worked fine. LOL
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use

Don
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Don » Tue May 15, 2018 12:45 pm

Dang Roy, no loose change to be had inside for me. :(
— Thomas Paine

RIP BILL D. RIP WRABBIT

Return to “Carver Home (Audio)”