FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:31 pm

Cables....do they make a difference?

<<

BillD

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:44 pm

Re: Cables....do they make a difference?

Ed, I went to UofM not MSU. Cardas did fine naming it after himself.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:55 pm

treitz3 wrote:.
It wasn't until I added bananas on all ends of the X2 that I finally heard a change. I thank Rick [Mr.M500-t] for that. Oh, and there was nothing psychological about it Ed. They were free, compared to all of the other things I had tried that were not. When I finally went out and got a pair of AudioQuest CV-8's with a 72volt battery pack that was specifically built for audio applications? Only then, was I opened up to a whole new world of sound and enjoyment.

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?cablspkr&1305493704&/Audioquest-CV-8-speaker-wire-1
<<

Mr. M-500t

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:32 pm

BillD wrote:Ed, I went to UofM not MSU. Cardas did fine naming it after himself.

I could have sworn a guy with your knowledge would have gone to Michigan Tech BillD ! Aye ?
<<

BillD

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:58 am

Cal Tech, maybe.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:38 pm

I was talking to Kingman today as my boat floated along.

That is one smart guy - and as a CLEMSON graduate, no wonder!!!!
<<

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:39 am

elgrau wrote:Yeah, brand naming is VERY important in "audiophile land": Can almost gaurentee that if "MIT cables" had chosen "MSU cables" (sorry, BillD! :lol: ) as their name that no one would have a clue who they were nor try out their cables....

I can honestly say that when it comes to cables the brand name, cost, and color mean absolutely nothing to myself and Rainwoman. I don't care if they are hot pink with purple and green trapezoid shapes on them. It also doesn't matter what they cost although they can be a little sweeter when my wife scores us a pair for $120 which someone paid $1,000 for when they bought them new. The only thing I find to be important is how well they get the signal from one component to another and how well our speakers get along with them which determines if our ears like them. I noticed there has been some calling for some A/B testing....
Well, as I have offered up a million times- if anyone from the forum would like to do some cable testing you are more than welcome to come by and we can do all of the cable testing you want.. I can guarantee you that you will be able to hear the changes from one pair of cables to the next in our environment! It won't matter what your overall opinion of our system is be it good, bad, right, or wrong because you will definitely be shocked at how different a few pairs of cables can actually perform. The thing which allows this to be such an obvious change when you switch a pair of cables is our speaker placement is just about perfect so if there is a shift in sound stage, imaging, pitch, or frequency it is easy to identify. I would love for some of you guys to come by and do some testing it would be fun and I promise you will be quite surprised...... So bring your cables and come have some fun!

Rainman
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power
<<

jbfan77

Post Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:17 pm

treitz3 wrote:Oh my God, hell yes! Anybody who says otherwise is missing out big time.

It can be incredible what a simple IC can do to your sound stage, dynamics, frequencies and more. If you haven't heard it? Don't knock it because it is so true that when you have heard the change, it's unreal.

Not everybody will notice the change but when you have arrived? There is nothing sweeter. I'm enjoying the music. Are you?

I AGREE,MIT CABLES RULES,AT LEAST FOR ME... I have the shotgun IC AND Speaker cables. they were worth all that money.. "smile"
Previous

Return to Carver Home (Audio)