FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:41 pm

$8 Scosche Interconnects - What's your best pair?

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:01 pm

Re: $8 Scosche Interconnects - What's your best pair?

kingman wrote:A post by Dave Ladely suggests that both he and Bob consider cable technology and sound equation as a fairy tale to be bought by those uninformed. A quote from him "Bob and I also have a chuckle of those expensive cables, what a rip off they are." I am wondering if this is a true statement as concerns Bob today??? Check it out in the biography section by James.

WTF? I couldn't agree more with Jesse [F1nut]. He said...
Cables ARE as much of a component as anything else in a rig. To think otherwise is uninformed.
He couldn't be more correct. Bob is obviously uninformed. Considering it as a fairy tale? :lol: That's funny to me but sad at the same time, as folks who think like this just hamper/limit/restrict their own audio journey. Well, that and the end result as to what hits their ears.

The most noticeably neutral and well balanced, linear IC I have had to date is the Transparent Ultra. The absolute worst IC I have heard to date is Totem Acoustic Rainmaker IC's. Between the two, a deaf man could feel the difference.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:23 pm

If one does not have the gear or the ears to HEAR the difference......it is a moot point! :D
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

frankieD

Frankie The Mouth

Post Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:33 pm

Chauss wrote:If one does not have the gear or the ears to HEAR the difference......it is a moot point! :D

A very important and often overlooked point Dan.

I know I cannot hear things that Tom & Jesse can hear.

I have great respect for their opinions regarding HiFi equipment.

That being said I personnaly would be foolish to spend a lot of money on something I cannot hear.

I was playing the Carver SH disk & discovered that I hear very little over 10k, the 15K tone was ABSOLUTE silence to these old ears.

Still these arguments will go on forever much like the "I'm bummed" thread.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

erniejade1

TFM-35

Post Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:03 pm

I agree with F1 but, it also depends on 2 more things. 1 your equipment, and 2 your ears. Some people just can't hear a difference no matter what. In my system, for testing IC's my jolida has 2 sets of rca out so to test cables out on it is easy as changing the pre from cd1 to cd2 so its instant. There is no "memory lag" between changing cables out. A few of my friends were over and i was showing them what a difference a IC could make. 3 out of 8 couldnt hear a difference. The 5 of us were like OMG how can you not hear that and 2 of the 3 that couldnt hear the difference had nigher end systems!!

Some speakers are way more sensitive than others on cables but they will and do make a difference. My JM labs are a love them or hate them kind of speaker because of how "in your face" and forward sounding they are and very sensitive to cables. On that rig, the speaker or IC make or break the system.
<<

erniejade1

TFM-35

Post Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:08 pm

I forgot to answer the question!!! It depends on what system as to what cable is better. On the Tyler's DH labs but that could be because thats what the manufacture used in the internal wiring. On the JM Labs, MIT or my old audio quest Crystal. I still go between them.
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:21 pm

erniejade1 wrote:I agree with F1 but, it also depends on 2 more things. 1 your equipment, and 2 your ears. Some people just can't hear a difference no matter what. In my system, for testing IC's my jolida has 2 sets of rca out so to test cables out on it is easy as changing the pre from cd1 to cd2 so its instant. There is no "memory lag" between changing cables out. A few of my friends were over and i was showing them what a difference a IC could make. 3 out of 8 couldnt hear a difference. The 5 of us were like OMG how can you not hear that and 2 of the 3 that couldnt hear the difference had nigher end systems!!

Some speakers are way more sensitive than others on cables but they will and do make a difference. My JM labs are a love them or hate them kind of speaker because of how "in your face" and forward sounding they are and very sensitive to cables. On that rig, the speaker or IC make or break the system.

prioblem that might be with two sets of rca's hooked up to the same outputs will at least change the capacitance and inductance load on the outputs. using a capacitance meter, i notice different cables of the same length will have varying values. so to say the least, there should be a different sound/quality with both outputs hooked up versus just one at a time. i could be wrong.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
Previous

Return to Carver Home (Audio)