FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:30 am

My TX-11 tuner

<<

Magic_Physicist

TFM-6cb

Post Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:15 pm

My TX-11 tuner

After all these years since I got it when it came out it still works perfect as far as picking up the signal from far away and sounding great.

I almost never have used it for the last 10+ years but since I am home alone I decided to turn it on.

Only problem I ever had is those goofy buttons for going through the channels.....it loves to stick and keep on going.
This time I made it to the channel and have it playing right now from Seattle to over here in the Olympics.

My C-19 needs a switch cleaning since I had to sort of cheat to turn it to "tuner" since it spends most of the time on "CD"

<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:49 pm

Re: My TX-11 tuner

Magic_Physicist wrote:After all these years since I got it when it came out it still works perfect as far as picking up the signal from far away and sounding great.

I almost never have used it for the last 10+ years but since I am home alone I decided to turn it on.

Only problem I ever had is those goofy buttons for going through the channels.....it loves to stick and keep on going.
This time I made it to the channel and have it playing right now from Seattle to over here in the Olympics.

My C-19 needs a switch cleaning since I had to sort of cheat to turn it to "tuner" since it spends most of the time on "CD"

Congrats and one word..."DeOxit" !!!
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

jjptkd

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:51 pm

What station you listening to?
Sunfire TGP-III
Sunfire 405x5
PS Audio DL-III DAC
(2 Pairs) Klipsch Chorus II's
Klipsch RSW 15
<<

Magic_Physicist

TFM-6cb

Post Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:13 pm

jjptkd wrote:What station you listening to?

Well funny thing I was down in the garage and just had 97.3 on a old fm junker listening to "talk radio" so when I got to the house I wanted to listen to a bit more so I turned on the TX-11 (and the amp,preamp) and then since I was home alone I figured I better listen to some 102.5 like back when I bought the TX-11

Worked real good considering I don't use any antenna...just have the wire laying in the cabinet :)

Which DeoxIt is best for the switches like these?

Since they have 100 different versions :lol:

DeoxIT® D-Series ?
<<

TNRabbit

Post Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:36 am

Sounds like the standard spray would work for you:

Cheapest place I've found to get it is here: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DeoxIT/ Their customer service is SECOND TO NONE!

Call & place your order with Paul Allen; tell him Gary Gore referred you:

Paul Allen
# 800 222 4700
# 260 432 8176
voicemail/extension 1318
fax 260 432 1758
email paul_allen@sweetwater.com

Sweetwater Sound Inc.
5501 US Highway 30 W
Fort Wayne, IN 46818
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

BillD

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:20 pm

Gary, what's the deal? Are you getting a referral bonus?
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

TNRabbit

Post Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:29 pm

BillD wrote:Gary, what's the deal? Are you getting a referral bonus?

No, just hoping~

Actually, I just wanted to refer to them because they literally have the best customer service I've ever experienced. Free delivery, free tech support, free lifetime warranty.
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

BillD

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:54 pm

I'm sure they can afford to offer a lifetime warranty on a can of Deoxit.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

Magic_Physicist

TFM-6cb

Post Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:13 pm

TNRabbit wrote:Sounds like the standard spray would work for you:

Cheapest place I've found to get it is here: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DeoxIT/ Their customer service is SECOND TO NONE!

Call & place your order with Paul Allen; tell him Gary Gore referred you:

Sounds like a good deal for me........I was thinking RadioShack since that is as close as I have but I like the free shipping so I will just order it this way since I rather not drive to the Shack.

Thanks
<<

Magic_Physicist

TFM-6cb

Post Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:05 am

My DeoxIt package showed up today from Indiana/Sweetwater.com (the only good thing I saw from Indiana today :( )

I guess I have to use it now.

First time I ever had a mailman stop by my house on a saturday to deliver anything.

I open the package and nice packing material and the can of DeoxIt AND a hand full of Tootsie Rolls in the box too :lol:

Hell I haven't had any of those for over 30 years!

If business only went like this all the time......
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:19 am

I ordered from them and even got a personal phone call 2 weeks later Thanking me from ordering from them and could the help me any more.

Super customer service,
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

Magic_Physicist

TFM-6cb

Post Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:55 pm

engtaz wrote:I ordered from them and even got a personal phone call 2 weeks later Thanking me from ordering from them and could the help me any more.

Super customer service,

Yeah they probably would have called me but I always say I don't have a phone.

But I did email back and forth to Tim checking to see just how they send stuff and if it would go to my post office box or the mail box which I never use....or right to my house.

And it came right to my house real fast after we emailed back and forth.

I'm not a fan of the cell phone or telephone so I have my wife answer the phone of make calls for me 8)

So if I ever need anything that they have at Sweetwater I will order from them.

I do have a few friends that live in Indy and up near Ft Wayne
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:15 am

TNRabbit wrote:
BillD wrote:Gary, what's the deal? Are you getting a referral bonus?

No, just hoping~

Actually, I just wanted to refer to them because they literally have the best customer service I've ever experienced. Free delivery, free tech support, free lifetime warranty.

Good deal --
<<

stereo_buff

TFM-55

Post Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:23 pm

Magic_Physicist wrote:
jjptkd wrote:What station you listening to?

Well funny thing I was down in the garage and just had 97.3 on a old fm junker listening to "talk radio" so when I got to the house I wanted to listen to a bit more so I turned on the TX-11 (and the amp,preamp) and then since I was home alone I figured I better listen to some 102.5 like back when I bought the TX-11

Worked real good considering I don't use any antenna...just have the wire laying in the cabinet :)

Which DeoxIt is best for the switches like these?

Since they have 100 different versions :lol:

DeoxIT® D-Series ?

I live across the sound and listen to KPLU (88.5). Prior to acquiring the TX-11, other tuners sounded like crap due to high multipath conditions at my place. I hooked up the TX-11 and turned on the Noise and Multipath Reduction and KPLU now sounds nearly as good as a CD! I think it is a great tuner. Good Luck!
<<

Magic_Physicist

TFM-6cb

Post Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:46 pm

I live across the sound and listen to KPLU (88.5). Prior to acquiring the TX-11, other tuners sounded like crap due to high multipath conditions at my place. I hooked up the TX-11 and turned on the Noise and Multipath Reduction and KPLU now sounds nearly as good as a CD! I think it is a great tuner. Good Luck!

Are you in Tacoma then?

Over here in Jefferson County the radio signal is only good up on Mt Walker unless we want a Canadian channel.

If I drive to Sequim or Port Angeles I lose the Seattle channels.......only have a CD player in my spoiled 1970 Cutlass Supreme that sits in the garage until summer.

Even worse is the expensive Sony CD player that I only used a few times has a CD stuck in it and I can't get it to spit it out or even play it :?

I took it out of the car a few years ago and took the cover off the player and I still couldn't get the disc out of the damn thing.

Maybe this summer I will find the time to take it out again (it's just in the glove box since I keep the car all original)

I always liked the TX-11 and I got it the week it first came out over in Lynwood.

Over here I live in a valley and the way the land is here with ridges and valley's the signal is not easy to pick up especially when I used to listen to KCMU and another college type channel with low power signal

The closest thing to an antenna I EVER used was one of those old rabbit ear off an old tv that I put outside the front door with a wire running back to the TX-11.....perfect sound back then.

Now I just have the wire laying on top of the Carver amp since it is at the top in the cabinet.

I have lived in this area for over 30 years so I built my first satellite dish here 28 years ago just to watch TV

I don't listen to the radio much these days since I can play Sirius channel music on the tv.......which I still don't have hooked up to the Carver preamp.

Next

Return to Carver Home (Audio)