FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:52 am

HELPWith Bose EQ Hookup

<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:07 am

Re: HELPWith Bose EQ Hookup

walleyeguy wrote:Hey thank's for the Info Thing is I wanted to Run 2 Amps and wont be able to doso with them hooked like that .I Think? Anyway I did Something to My Pre-Amp Have No Sound Comming Out of it Tried several Differnt Amps and Nothing Just Very Faint When turned Up to Extreme Levels...Not sure What to Do Now Just Bought More Carvers but will not be Running them For a While :( I Was Hoping to Hook them to An old Pioneer I am Using But unsure How to Connect the amps ..It has Jumpers And I'm not sure ? ...Thanks ....Happy New_year..............

I have an Old Classic Pioneer SX-1250 receiver that also has jumpers. If you remove the jumpers, this will allow you to compare different amps and/or pre-amps to the Pioneer. Just insert the Carver and this will enable you to still use the Pioneer pre-amp and compare vs the Pioneer amp.

What model Pioneer receiver? Still have my Original Pioneer manual that explains this. If you PM me your e-mail, I can scan and send to you this section.
<<

walleyeguy

Post Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:33 am

I Live in NW Ontario Canada . And What I Did was Disconnect the KW Amp and Bose EQ And Attempted to hook up the 1.0T That I Had Just Bought and Never Used Then when I powerd up 28V I had a Muffled Sound With Little Sound ? Then I Started to Trouble shoot By switching Amp's Around And Did not Wait long enough and When I went to Plug in The RCA cable It Let out A Loud Bang Had it Happen B-4 Never caused a Prob. Not sure what To Do Sadly I was Packing My Equepment into The Garage for Storage For Now:(. Does anyone Know of a Place in Canada That Does Good Work on Carver? Thanks......
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:42 am

switching Amp's Around And Did not Wait long enough and When I went to Plug in The RCA cable It Let out A Loud Bang
...That ain't good. :-({|= ...check all the fuses first. NEVER swap components without shutting EVERYTHING down first.
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

walleyeguy

Post Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:43 am

Hi Thank's for the Info I have A VSX9500s and my Problem Is that I do Not Know which side to Plug the Amp into ? It says Pre-Out and Power In Not too sure What to Plug the Power Amp into ?Its Jumped White to white And Red-Red Also Tried to use the Tape 2 Mon but Cant Figure it out Either ...Need it for My Bose EQ ..Hope 2011 Starts Better......Cheers
<<

walleyeguy

Post Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:47 am

Hey KingMan I Know Better I Had Powerd it Down But My 1.5 Takes a While ...So you Think there is Fuses in The Pre-Amp Sure would be Nice ....If not I will have to Find A Place that Can Fix or Check it out ...Thank's
<<

BillD

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:59 pm

There's a guy called Anatech up there that knows his Carver. He's a member on this forum and has an email address listed.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

walleyeguy

Post Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:06 pm

Thanks I'll look him up
<<

TNRabbit

Post Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:38 pm

walleyeguy wrote:Thanks I'll look him up

There's another member in Canada who does good work: musinteg. check under the members tab.
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

walleyeguy

Post Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:11 pm

Happy 2011 Looked for The Member But can't seem to Find That Member In the List ....But I Will try to Find some one In Winnipeg that Might be Able to Help Me out ? Anyone Know of Any Place out West ? Thank's ..........
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:23 pm

walleyeguy wrote:Happy 2011 Looked for The Member But can't seem to Find That Member In the List ....But I Will try to Find some one In Winnipeg that Might be Able to Help Me out ? Anyone Know of Any Place out West ? Thank's ..........

Try this link:

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=8262
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
Previous

Return to Carver Home (Audio)