FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:47 am

1.5t Power supply/guts

<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:03 am

1.5t Power supply/guts

Here is the in-side of my 1.5t, the one someone swapped out the insides after winning my MINTY one on ebay and then filing a claim :rolleyes: and returning his Bad one and getting a full refund leaving me with a Damaged amp and minus my shipping cost.

The power supply looks fried but anyone spot something else? if so let me know! Anyone know if a power supply cost extra on a repair from Rolland or is it the same base cost?

BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:24 am

Re: 1.5t Power supply/guts

if there was ever justification for peeling someone's skin from their flesh with a pair of pliers, that is it!! effing bastages! #-o ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:06 pm

Should be hung by the short hairs! I am sure this is not the first time he has pulled this off. He will answer to a higher authority one day. Will probably end up like the power supply-"fried".
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
<<

jjptkd

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:19 pm

That really sucks, I'm sorry! :shock: I don't know about Rolland but Rita doesn't have any power transformers. She told me that's about the only thing she can't replace. :( Good luck to you on this and hopefully karma will catch up with that man quickly. [-(
Sunfire TGP-III
Sunfire 600x2
PS Audio DL-III DAC
Klipsch "mini" Chorus II's
Klipsch RSW 15
<<

elgrau

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:22 pm

I'd at least file a claim/complaint against him with eBay and PP (if used). Probably did this already. Also, could buy something from him and then put everything in a feedback that outlines exactly what he did here. Can't neg feedback as a seller, right? So mad, I'm just spouting off; maybe something will help nail this turd!

Looks like it could be time to sign/stamp all the "unobtainium" amp parts and carefully photograph them before sending a sold amp out. Then if some douche tries this you can compare before/after photographs and use that as evidence with eBay assholes.
Family room: 400 disk changer with PS Audio Digital Link III DAC; Technics SL-1100A TT. QED Quenx1 IC's from DAC & TT to Adcom GTP-602 preamp/Tuner. AudioQuest King Cobra IC's from preamp to M1.0t mk-II opt2. QED Silver Spirals 4M wires to EPI 1000’s.
Living room: AudioQuest Black Mamba 8M IC's from family room preamp to Barcus-Berry 2002R Sonic Maximizer to GlowPower Zyxt IC's to Sunfire 300x2 to Nordost 6M bi-source wires to AOS 28" MDF spherical speakers using six 8" woofers and eight 1" dome tweeters symm. arranged around the surface.
SS system: CX-995V DVD to AV-705x 5 channel amp (center/rears) & M1.0t mk-II opt2(fronts).
Garage: TLM-3600 CDP to MXR150 Receiver (pre) to TFM-42 to EPI 400 speakers.
<<

thuffman03

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:49 pm

Sorry to hear what happened to you.

Ever since they don't allow neg feedback and almost always side with the buyer I will try to never have to sell anything on Ebay.

I would give beemers417 at www.vintagehifishop.com an email or call to see if he has a replacement.
Some cool Carver stuff!
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:54 pm

You can find the name & phome number for the buyer on ebay..do a reverse lookup & we'll track this fucker down.....
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:08 pm

The payment was through PayPal and when I sold the amp I took pictures of it, even gave it a last Listen before Packing it up with my wife and others here that day - After the guy had it a week and a half he filed a claim out of no where threw PayPal and said he just hooked it up and it blew out his $1500 speakers by completely shredding his drivers blowing them all,,,,

I responded by showing pictures of its great condition and faxed Legal Documents from signed forms from those who were here stating the Amp was in perfect working order the day it was packed and that any Damaged was from shipping and there was insurance on the item - Then I filed through FedEx a Damage claim! The Buyer refused to give the item to fedex stating it was not Damaged in shipping and still PayPal said they find the case in HIS favor - Then refunded his Money 100% and he was to return the amp, Well after I got the amp I told them it was Gutted and not the amp I sent him and they said THE CLAIM is OVER and nothing else can be done :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

FUCK PAYPAL!!!

Now to find a replacement or if its toast I guess trash it and sell the face plate :(
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...
<<

Magic_Physicist

TFM-6cb

Post Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:52 am

<<

mbskeam

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:44 am

you have his address?
post away.....
oh the fun that can be had.......
if ya haven't noticed my avitar, think about what it means.....
Mbskeam

#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"
<<

elgrau

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:34 pm

^^^^^^ =D> =D>

Yes, post away. He most likely lives close to one of us...
Family room: 400 disk changer with PS Audio Digital Link III DAC; Technics SL-1100A TT. QED Quenx1 IC's from DAC & TT to Adcom GTP-602 preamp/Tuner. AudioQuest King Cobra IC's from preamp to M1.0t mk-II opt2. QED Silver Spirals 4M wires to EPI 1000’s.
Living room: AudioQuest Black Mamba 8M IC's from family room preamp to Barcus-Berry 2002R Sonic Maximizer to GlowPower Zyxt IC's to Sunfire 300x2 to Nordost 6M bi-source wires to AOS 28" MDF spherical speakers using six 8" woofers and eight 1" dome tweeters symm. arranged around the surface.
SS system: CX-995V DVD to AV-705x 5 channel amp (center/rears) & M1.0t mk-II opt2(fronts).
Garage: TLM-3600 CDP to MXR150 Receiver (pre) to TFM-42 to EPI 400 speakers.
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:14 am

Magic_Physicist wrote:Image

That would work!

I look at it this way - Sure the guy took me and it was wrong "BUT" PAYPAL HELPED him do it! There as guilty as he is...in fact with all the proof I Faxed them and Pictures and everything there the real crooks. The worse thing a seller could due is ask for payment via PayPal - FUCK PAYPAL!!!
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:30 pm

are the serial numbers in any of the photo's to show which amp is which?
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:19 pm

angelod307 wrote:are the serial numbers in any of the photo's to show which amp is which?

The serial numbers were posted in my Auction - The thing is - is he returned the same BODY and FACE plate but with other in-side parts. He knew what he was doing and was good at it other then fresh solder...
<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:53 pm

Check and see if 1.5t and PM 1.5 share the same power supply. I see a few for parts PM 1.5's on Ebay from time to time. Sorry you got burnt.
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!
Next

Return to Carver Home (Audio)