<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:51 pm

CARVER 705

CARVER 705

Here is a post Gary send to me from the archives -- [url]
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=10741&hilit=*rabbit*[/url]

It is fun to look back, ahead, and then just enjoy what we are up to today..

OCCD is fun as is "collecting", "showing off", or just claiming you are the man because you can buy more crap than most. It is all good, and while most don't understand, on this forum one can brag he just got the last 'extil-24 gold plated diamond stylus'. Some of us might not understand the score, but we all understand the quest, and the on going victory that any tiny tweak gives us. Too us, any small improvement is a reason to break out the cold beer. Most here understand and give good advice to all no matter their budget. Most understand that it takes more than $$ to enjoy great audio. You can't buy experience, but you can share and learn from others.

Some speakers require a lot, (like ALLLLLs) and some not so much (like 99%).
I believe that for many, the Carver 705 bi-amped to a 2 channel set up will amaze everyone.
I believe this amp is over looked by 2-channel guys.
The next one made is not as good, but the ones below are very good.

I have a Carver 505 http://www.audioreview.com/cat/amplification/amplifiers/carver-audio/av-505/PRD_115665_1583crx.aspx running my RedNeck Bar and see no reason why I would want to change that. I have it bi-amping two Polk LSi with an old Carver Pre hooked to my turntable. I do have a sub woofer there. My LPs shine !!!! I have a good LP collection, and the Carver 505 bi-amped brings out notes you can not hear on your ipod, and maybe not on your CDs. No upgrade will ever be needed in my bar. That Holographic thing is fun to play with, and to be honest, don't have that as good as it might be yet --HaHa. Thanks Bob --

Not all speakers bi-amp easily, but many do, and those few have 4 inputs at the rear so you can drive the highs and lows separately. Many who believe they are getting the best from bi-amp are actually just doing bi-wire, like I do with the Polk VM-30s beside my tv. Those VM 30s are just excellent speakers if you care about dialog and not just another car chase. (That is why we buy a sub)

At the end of the day (my day) the Carver 705 is a special amp.
It is actually 5 separate amps, but not really because Bob does his magic there.

It is true that maybe you need (or desire) more watts to power your crap.
Sunfire can do that!!!!!
Still, if you don't have the $$ for that, or even if you do, the 705 can put your 2 channel system in there with the best ever made.
This is a great amp for stereo for the few who are not plug and play idiots.
I believe it is the best vintage/musical amp available today that you can buy used under $1K.
Funny - -> regardless of money - few amps you will ever find put off tunes as good as this if you are a guy who learns how to hook it up.

The selling point for this was an early attempt at 5.1, but Bob had no choice but to put all he knew at the time into this amp.
For music/2 channel - T H I S is the one to buy.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:59 pm

Re: CARVER 705

Holy Crap, was that Ray?
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:31 pm

treitz3 wrote:Holy Crap, was that Ray?

Thanks TOM -
I put that up after 5 bottles of excellent beer.
I see you responded after drinking 6 -- :lol:

LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP BEER
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:38 am

OconeeOrange wrote:CARVER 705

Here is a post Gary send to me from the archives -- [url]
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=10741&hilit=*rabbit*[/url]

You have to put the entire link, Bill:

http://www.carveraudio.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=10741&hilit=*rabbit*
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:10 pm

Oh, I thought it was one of Ray's old posts. He had mentioned "the bar" and as far as I knew, Ray was the only forum member who owned a bar.

*slides out of the thread....*
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"

Return to Carver Home (Audio)