FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:05 am

I got a C-5 pre, but........

<<

mrjbq@aol.com

Post Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:27 am

I got a C-5 pre, but........

I bought a C-5 at auction. I was told everything worked, etc. It did not include a remote. I have a Harmony 1100 remote, which I programmed to run the C-5. However it will not turn the C-5 "on."
The "help" screen on the remote says "ensure that the C-5 is set to on."
When I physically turn it on the Remote works perfectly, all functions, inputs, etc.
When I am finished, the remote turns it off.
So, is there some "internal ON" for this pre?
Thanks.
<<

tinpan

TFM-45

Post Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:47 am

Re: I got a C-5 pre, but........

I went nuts with my Harmony remote turning things on and off when i didn't want. For example it kept turning my Oppo on and off. When it does that try hitting the help button on the remote and cycle through the questions. On mine it ended up asking me if I wanted to turn the Oppo off. That's how i fixed mine
Tinpan

HT - Sunfire TG IV, Sunfire Cinema Grand Sig. 400 x 5, Oppo 93, Klipsch LaScala (3), Cornwalls (2), SW-12, Sony 60" LCD

2 channel - AN L2 Pre-amp, AN Interstage Mono Blocks 300b PSE, AN 2.1 DAC, DUAL CS 5000 TT, Oppo DV-981HD, Lowther PM4a/Azurahorn/SentryIV

2 channel - AN L3 Signature Line stage, AN Interstage Mono Blocks 300b PSE, AN Sig. DAC 3.1 , AN Sig. Phono Stage, Sota Comet TT, Altec A5's

2 channel - Carver VTA20 Baby Black Beauty, Custom Line Stage, Klipschorns

2 channel - AN Interstage Mono Blocks 300b PSE, Carver C-5 Pre, Altec A4 speakers

2 channel - Audio Note Kit 1 300b SET, Audio Note DAC 2.1, Altec 288 Horns/JBL Bass bin
<<

mrjbq@aol.com

Post Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:11 am

Re: I got a C-5 pre, but........

Thanks, but I've already done that. What has to happen, to make it work, is the "power" button on the C-5 has to be pushed.
So, I have reprogrammed my remote so that at startup a power command is sent to the C-5.
I guess that's different then having it turned on when I start the activity. ???
Fixed, I hope.
I will try it this evening.
Thanks.

Return to Carver Home (Audio)