FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:36 pm

post your "WANT LIST"

<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Posts: 4488

Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:24 pm

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:12 pm

post your "WANT LIST"

Who knows, someone might have what you want in a closet.

==================================================


OO WANT LIST

Not calling DIBBS, just thinking out loud on CARVER FORUM with my "friends" where I might get some leads and advice. #-o You guys know a lot and see a lot. Many of you upgrade all the time. I need your cast off stuff.

I wanted Bob's Black Beauties and after posting here and holding them for ten days, got cut out in the last 4 seconds by one of you by $100. ](*,)

I am over that, never even think about it these days. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

For weeks now I have been trying to score a deal on a used turntable. I keep my options open, but kinda narrowed it to a Rega. I don't know why I need Rega, but pretty sure I do. I hate it is not semi-auto, but what the hell? So far all those that appeal to me sell too high on ebay and Audigon. No big deal as my TT sounds really good and I am a patient guy. Speakerlabfan advises me to buy new. He is an expert, and not just on TTs but audio sound. He makes a good argument and if I had $$ -- \:D/ \:D/

I also want to play with tubes now thanks to all you here who tout that. :rolleyes: The last good Sunfire Tube Pre went over a thousand, and I only bid over 900. With all here who now claim to want one, don't try calling dibbs. If another cherry one appears, I am going for it as are many here. I am just not doing it behind your back. :lol: On the other hand, there are some really great looking ones being made now in Hong Kong. I might buckle and buy that. Any advice on that? Many look like art and have a phono stage.

It goes without saying that any decent 600-2 that hits the market will cause a blood bath here. =;

DiBBS are off. Bob's Black Beauties taught me that, and so now I will not be bringing them to CarverFest for yall to check out --> :(
I told Bob I had no speakers for them and he emailed me not to worry that he would find me some great speakers - dirt cheap. (He really is a good guy who loves audio and wants that for us).
As to my next speakers, these days I want to hear these:
http://www.martinlogan.com/electromotion/index.php

I might get to hear those at the Atlanta Audio show.
I have a room booked and tickets bought, but Skip and Wayne don't want to spent the night there with me - :lol: Going alone might not be as much fun as staying home. 8)
I guess I will cancel and go fishing.

===================

What is on your "WANT LIST"?
<<

Don

User avatar

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Posts: 2162

Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:46 am

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:06 pm

Re: post your "WANT LIST"

OO,

Will be lots of nice sounding speakers at the show. I am very happy with these:

http://www.stereomojo.com/Legacy%20Whis ... Review.htm

Just received speaker of the year award.

Also, Orion's will be there. Always wanted to hear them.

http://theaudiocritic.com/plog/

Here is another that may be there, although I have not checked the exhibitor list for this one:

http://www.stereomojo.com/Von%20Schweik ... Review.htm

Tom favors Tyler speakers and they will be there.

Should be a great show for all budgets. Also, many tube manufacturers will be represented.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine


"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett


"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
<<

TNRabbit

User avatar

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Posts: 13342

Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:53 am

Location: TN Native Languishing in VA

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:25 pm

Re: post your "WANT LIST"

At some point, I want to have my Sunfire Cinema Seven Sig. rebuilt.

Some Cinema ribbons would be nice for the 5.1 SACDs

& JL Audio Gotham sub will be mine when I win the lottery~
TNRabbit
Image

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Posts: 4488

Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:24 pm

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:34 pm

Re: post your "WANT LIST"

Don wrote:OO,

Will be lots of nice sounding speakers at the show. I am very happy with these:

http://www.stereomojo.com/Legacy%20Whis ... Review.htm

Just received speaker of the year award.

Also, Orion's will be there. Always wanted to hear them.

http://theaudiocritic.com/plog/

Here is another that may be there, although I have not checked the exhibitor list for this one:

http://www.stereomojo.com/Von%20Schweik ... Review.htm

Tom favors Tyler speakers and they will be there.

Should be a great show for all budgets. Also, many tube manufacturers will be represented.


You have incredible stuff.
I like that. I also love old Scotch and good Cognac.
I have the taste for it all, and have had many good friends over the years who have shared with me. I am a lucky guy.

I am on a beer budget, so day to day, enjoy on a different level.

I need to visit you.

OO
<<

mbskeam

User avatar

SILVER-7t

Posts: 1987

Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:32 am

Location: Woodinville Wa

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:35 pm

Re: post your "WANT LIST"

I wanted Bob's Black Beauties and after posting here and holding them for ten days, got cut out in the last 4 seconds by one of you by $100.


I have said this before......
know what you are willing to pay....
dont put your bid up on the 1st day and not expect to get it taken out in the last seconds.
people pick at the bid and only drive up the cost for you if you do happen to win said item....
I bet you would have gotten the amps if you had waited till the end to bid.
this is just how I bid, I have lost only 1 thing that I have wanted this way.....
it went for more than I was willing to pay......

on my list is the abilty to make my own tube amp. :-k
a tube preamp might be nice..... :-" :-" :-"
Mbskeam


#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Posts: 4488

Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:24 pm

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:39 pm

Re: post your "WANT LIST"

TNRabbit wrote:At some point, I want to have my Sunfire Cinema Seven Sig. rebuilt.

Some Cinema ribbons would be nice for the 5.1 SACDs

& JL Audio Gotham sub will be mine when I win the lottery~


Have not played the lotto in months.

Going to buy 2 picks for ten weeks tomorrow - $20.

If you mail me 10 bucks, you get half.
These kind of things always win because the devil wants to make friends into enemies and will be curious if we can go with this deal.

Are you in?

OO
<<

Mr. M-500t

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Posts: 6211

Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:00 pm

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:40 pm

Re: post your "WANT LIST"

I want two 60" Ribbons CHEAP so I can start rebuilding the Amazings I have upstairs looking all sad and Un wanted ! :( :( :(
<<

Don

User avatar

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Posts: 2162

Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:46 am

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:41 pm

Re: post your "WANT LIST"

OconeeOrange wrote:
Don wrote:OO,

Will be lots of nice sounding speakers at the show. I am very happy with these:

http://www.stereomojo.com/Legacy%20Whis ... Review.htm

Just received speaker of the year award.

Also, Orion's will be there. Always wanted to hear them.

http://theaudiocritic.com/plog/

Here is another that may be there, although I have not checked the exhibitor list for this one:

http://www.stereomojo.com/Von%20Schweik ... Review.htm

Tom favors Tyler speakers and they will be there.

Should be a great show for all budgets. Also, many tube manufacturers will be represented.


You have incredible stuff.
I like that. I also love old Scotch and good Cognac.
I have the taste for it all, and have had many good friends over the years who have shared with me. I am a lucky guy.

I am on a beer budget, so day to day, enjoy on a different level.

I need to visit you.

OO



If you attend the show, I guarantee your want list will grow. :shock: \:D/
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine


"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett


"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
<<

Don

User avatar

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Posts: 2162

Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:46 am

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:46 pm

Re: post your "WANT LIST"

OO writes: I am on a beer budget, so day to day, enjoy on a different level.


Bob's Black Beauties were not for the beer budget minded that you bid on! :lol: :lol: :lol:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine


"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett


"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Posts: 4488

Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:24 pm

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:48 pm

Re: post your "WANT LIST"

mbskeam wrote:
I wanted Bob's Black Beauties and after posting here and holding them for ten days, got cut out in the last 4 seconds by one of you by $100.


I have said this before......
know what you are willing to pay....
dont put your bid up on the 1st day and not expect to get it taken out in the last seconds.
people pick at the bid and only drive up the cost for you if you do happen to win said item....
I bet you would have gotten the amps if you had waited till the end to bid.
this is just how I bid, I have lost only 1 thing that I have wanted this way.....
it went for more than I was willing to pay......

on my list is the abilty to make my own tube amp. :-k
a tube preamp might be nice..... :-" :-" :-"


I agree.
I did not expect to win Bob's amps.
If I had, would have made just one bid at the end.
I just looked at what his last ones went for, put up a thousand more and enjoyed the ten days. \:D/

On the other hand, I look at an item and bid what is worth to me, and try not to get caught up in what it is worth to others. I often bid and loose because someone will pay more for it than me. I don't see that as loosing, just more than I would pay for the item.

Sometimes I get a bargain with low ball bids.
I loose often, my ego remains intact.

OO
<<

mbskeam

User avatar

SILVER-7t

Posts: 1987

Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:32 am

Location: Woodinville Wa

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:25 pm

Re: post your "WANT LIST"

cool,
some times when I try and explane this to my coworkers, I get the dear in the headlight look...... ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mbskeam


#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"
<<

Mr. M-500t

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Posts: 6211

Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:00 pm

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:15 pm

Re: post your "WANT LIST"

OconeeOrange wrote:
mbskeam wrote:
I wanted Bob's Black Beauties and after posting here and holding them for ten days, got cut out in the last 4 seconds by one of you by $100.


I have said this before......
know what you are willing to pay....
dont put your bid up on the 1st day and not expect to get it taken out in the last seconds.
people pick at the bid and only drive up the cost for you if you do happen to win said item....
I bet you would have gotten the amps if you had waited till the end to bid.
this is just how I bid, I have lost only 1 thing that I have wanted this way.....
it went for more than I was willing to pay......

on my list is the abilty to make my own tube amp. :-k
a tube preamp might be nice..... :-" :-" :-"


I agree.
I did not expect to win Bob's amps.
If I had, would have made just one bid at the end.
I just looked at what his last ones went for, put up a thousand more and enjoyed the ten days. \:D/

On the other hand, I look at an item and bid what is worth to me, and try not to get caught up in what it is worth to others. I often bid and loose because someone will pay more for it than me. I don't see that as loosing, just more than I would pay for the item.

Sometimes I get a bargain with low ball bids.
I loose often, my ego remains intact.

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ =D> =D> =D>

OO
<<

elgrau

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Posts: 2898

Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 9:33 pm

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:30 pm

Re: post your "WANT LIST"

'55 to '57 restored or partially restored (but 100% complete) T-bird. Just because....
Several nice one's (in L.A. area) have gone for ~$35k recently on ebay.....
Trying to track down a '55 total like new frame off restoration red one that a company was trying to sell on eBay about a year ago...started at $110k and was down to $85k when they gave up (said the owner was going to try again later...). This one was perfect with a few "modern" touches (air, harmonic balancener added to the allready incredibly smooth 312), modern sound system, etc.). Sweet...you only live once and if the world's ending in 2012 anyway, why not? :lol:
Family room: 400 disk changer with PS Audio Digital Link III DAC; Technics SL-1100A TT. QED Quenx1 IC's from DAC & TT to Adcom GTP-602 preamp/Tuner. AudioQuest King Cobra IC's from preamp to M1.0t mk-II opt2. QED Silver Spirals 4M wires to EPI 1000’s.
Living room: AudioQuest Black Mamba 8M IC's from family room preamp to Barcus-Berry 2002R Sonic Maximizer to GlowPower Zyxt IC's to Sunfire 300x2 to Nordost 6M bi-source wires to AOS 28" MDF spherical speakers using six 8" woofers and eight 1" dome tweeters symm. arranged around the surface.
SS system: CX-995V DVD to AV-705x 5 channel amp (center/rears) & M1.0t mk-II opt2(fronts).
Garage: TLM-3600 CDP to MXR150 Receiver (pre) to TFM-42 to EPI 400 speakers.
<<

kingman

User avatar

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Posts: 5747

Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:10 pm

Location: Upstate South Carolina

Post Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:43 am

Re: post your "WANT LIST"

Ed we are on the same page except I just want to get my GTO Judge back to running this summer. Audio wise I pretty much have more than enough. If I had room I'd have a couple plats but I'm satisfied...except for those "Bob" tube amps. And well....maybe....going active with the AL III's...and then.....DIBBS!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

thuffman03

User avatar

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Posts: 2706

Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:07 am

Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Post Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:38 am

Re: post your "WANT LIST"

I am pretty good right now for audio. I picked up a Sunfire 600 a few weeks ago. Sounds great but still need to figure out a way to pay for it.

I think the only things I might want in the future is a VPI Classic table and a tweeked by Bob phono stage for my Sunfire Classic.
Some cool Carver stuff!
Next

Return to Carver Home (Audio)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2011 phpBB Group.