FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:15 pm

post your "WANT LIST"

<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:57 am

Re: post your "WANT LIST"

tweeked by Bob phono stage for my Sunfire Classic.
...and that!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:50 am

My neighbor is going through a divorce. I've had my eye on his 58 Impala for years. Hoping there may be a for sale on it when the dust settles. In Florida, things are pretty much split 50/50.

Here is a picture of a similar one in white, his/hers depending on settlement is gray.

http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Pictures-c ... mpala.html

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
<<

jjptkd

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:57 am

That's a cool looking Impala, looks like something out of the Jetsons! I'd like to get a '70 Chevelle. My late uncle was really into the older Chevys and sold me my first car on payments, a '70 Chevelle Malibu with a factory 270hp 350. Gas was 85 cents a gallon back then, those were the good ole days!

Sunfire TGP-III
Sunfire 405x5
PS Audio DL-III DAC
(2 Pairs) Klipsch Chorus II's
Klipsch RSW 15
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:51 pm

hemi cuda
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

Odysseous

Newbie 50+

Post Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:46 pm

Hey OO, when I stared reading this, I felt a little guilty about snatching those from you (or somebody, I didn't know the highest bidder was somebody from the forum), but as you said later on, when you really want something, biding at the last second is the only smart way to bid... I now know you raised up the price by putting your bid to $1000 more than the last auction without real intention of getting them... I paid for that $1,000... and I don't regret it for a second! without knowing you, I think you did it to make sure Bob didn't get screwed by a slow and low auction that would force him to sell his works of art for $4-$5,000 dollars, which would really be a steal.. I don't know Bob personally (yet), but I would have done the same thing; Bob and I have been exchanging emails, he is a class act and he deserves to get paid fairly for his hand-made amps. In fact, I really think that the $8,000 I paid for them is still an awesome deal to own something like this, personally designed and made by a legend... It's an instant classic! As weird as it might sound, OO, you probably costed me one or two thousand bucks, but I sincerely thank you!
Last edited by Odysseous on Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 Channel rigs:
Bob Carver custom made BLACK BEAUTY/RED tube amp, Carver TFM-45 (X3)
Carver C-19 tube pre amp, Carver SD/A 490t tube CD player
Carver TX-11b radio tuner, Carver TD1700 cassette deck
Carver Amazing Platinum IV, Genesis 350SE, Martin Logan Prodigy, Maggies 3.6R, Polk Audio SRS 3.1TL, KEF Reference Model One, Infinity RS Kappa 9
<<

Odysseous

Newbie 50+

Post Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:58 pm

By the way, I've been thinking seriously to go to CarverFest to meet some of you guys, it would be my first time there... If I make it there this year, I'll take the BLACK BEAUTIES with me and a bottle of 18 year old scotch to share with you!
2 Channel rigs:
Carver Amazing Platinum IV, Genesis 350SE, Martin Logan Prodigy, Maggies 3.6R, Polk Audio SRS 3.1TL, KEF Reference Model One, Infinity RS Kappa 9
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:59 pm

Odysseous wrote:Hey OO, when I stared reading this, I felt a little guilty about snatching those from you (or somebody, I didn't know the highest bidder was somebody from the forum), but as you said later on, when you really want something, biding at the last second is the only smart way to bid... I now know you raised up the price by putting your bid to $1000 more than the last auction without real intention of getting them... I paid for that $1,000... and I don't regret it for a second! without knowing you, I think you did it to make sure Bob didn't get screwed by a slow and low auction that would force him to sell his works of art for $4-$5,000 dollars, which would really be a steal.. I don't know Bob personally (yet), but I would have done the same thing; Bob and I have been exchanging emails, he is a class act and he deserves to get paid fairly for his hand-made amps. In fact, I really think that the $8,000 I paid for them is still an awesome deal to own something like this, personally designed and made by a legend... It's an instant classic! As weird as it might sound, OO, you probably costed me one our two thousand bucks, but I sincerely thank you!

I don't see it that way.
If you had kept out of, I would have gotten those.
You were the only one to outbid me.
I don't believe in DIBBS and hold no grudge, but to accuse me of costing you money is absurd.

OO

OO
<<

Odysseous

Newbie 50+

Post Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Well, I hope I didn't offend you, I didn't mean to accused you, all I meant to say is that thanks to you, Bob got paid fairly for his hard work and awesome amps. My offer for a peace offering with an 18 year old scotch still stands!
2 Channel rigs:
<<

Mr. M-500t

Post Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:43 pm

Odysseous wrote:Well, I hope I didn't offend you, I didn't mean to accused you, all I meant to say is that thanks to you, Bob got paid fairly for his hard work and awesome amps. My offer for a peace offering with an 18 year old scotch still stands!

Bob Carver personally made BLACK BEAUTY amp
Carver C-19 tube pre amp
Carver SD/A 490t tube CD player
Carver TFM-45 (three of them)
Carver TX-11b radio tuner
Carver TD1700 cassette deck
Polk Audio SRS 3.1TL
KEF Reference Model One

That is one nice line up there guy ! =D> =D> =D>

Don't worry about OO. He's, well' OO ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
He who has the most money and biggest balls wins ! 8) 8) Don't say much for OO I guess. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

stevek

M-400t CUBE

Post Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:49 am

Re: post your "WANT LIST"PerfectWave DAC

My new want is the PS Audio PerfectWave DAC. Eventually add the bridge board linking to music stored on a hard drive somewhere.
Too bad I owe the IRS this year rather that the other way around.
Steve
Decware SE34I.3 (11/13), Carver M500t(8/12), Benchmark USB Preamp (10/10), Emerald Physics CS-2 (7/14), Sony CDP-CE505,
Sonos Zone Player ZP90 (9/11), Sonos Play:3(9/11), Sonos Bridge(9/11), Qnap TS-219P+ Music Server(9/11). Spares:
Sunfire CRM-2 (2010)
<<

kingman

Post Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:00 am

Odysseous wrote:By the way, I've been thinking seriously to go to CarverFest to meet some of you guys, it would be my first time there... If I make it there this year, I'll take the BLACK BEAUTIES with me and a bottle of 18 year old scotch to share with you!

Bring your bad self on. All are welcome. P.S....if you cannot attend I will send you my address and you can ship me the black beauties to show everyone! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:38 am

My only wish at this point is to be able to hear the Statements I am working on come to life for the first time.....
Carver Statement Reference Monoblocks!!!The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier.[/size]
<<

BrianT

Pair of Silver Sevens

Post Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:50 am

nooshinjohn wrote:My only wish at this point is to be able to hear the Statements I am working on come to life for the first time.....

John I feel for you hope it happens very soon.

Brian
VPI Classic Turntable (blk)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Sunfire Vacuum Tube Control Centre. C/W Mod'ed Phono Stage
Carver Silver 7's Tube Amps
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11.
B&W 802D's Rosenut
<<

BillD

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:18 pm

Damn. I remember when I built that Heathkit AR-1500, and the first time I had to apply power. I had no idea whether to expect it to work (I didn't) or a blinding light followed by smoke and fire. Fortunately it just politely turned on.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:42 pm

elgrau wrote:'55 to '57 restored or partially restored (but 100% complete) T-bird. Just because....
Several nice one's (in L.A. area) have gone for ~$35k recently on ebay.....
Trying to track down a '55 total like new frame off restoration red one that a company was trying to sell on eBay about a year ago...started at $110k and was down to $85k when they gave up (said the owner was going to try again later...). This one was perfect with a few "modern" touches (air, harmonic balancener added to the allready incredibly smooth 312), modern sound system, etc.). Sweet...you only live once and if the world's ending in 2012 anyway, why not? :lol:

Ed, two new ones on ebay --

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1957-Ford-T-Bird-2-DR-Roadster-/270736597215?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3f0928a0df

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1957-Ford-Thunderbird-Stunning-Arizona-T-Bird-/140536234554?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item20b89cc23a
PreviousNext

Return to Carver Home (Audio)