FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:55 am

Carver M-1.0t Mk2 Opt2 Upgraded

<<

frenchguy

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:17 am

Carver M-1.0t Mk2 Opt2 Upgraded

seen this on ebay, anyone heard one of these? worth the $, just wondering, seen some good reviews elsewhere!!
Carver M-4.0t &Rollandized tfm42, ct-6 & ct-17 sda390t jolida jd 100A & 2 pairs of JBL L96 JBL 4401 & Carverfest vacuum tube amp & Dared SL-2000A tube preamp, Carver AL3 amazing speakers in natural oak & Douglas connection cables
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:07 am

RichP can suck Londonbarn's dick.

I grudgingly will offer you my observations. I have had the chance to listen to one. They are one stout amplifier after the mods and it seems as if it is effectively doubled in power. You can just keep turning it up and up and up without fear of normal clipping distortion way beyond where you would normally have to stop. The mods do not seem to affect the sound signature of the amp, just the available power. While I can't stand the man who does these mods, I can't really balk about what he does to them. He does do a really good job. Keep in mind, these are used amplifiers that he performs mods on so be sure to ask about the cosmetic condition of the exact one you would be interested in as it will not look new.

That said, it has been said by Rolland and by Bob himself that what mods are done do tax the transformer beyond what it was designed to do and that there are no replacement xnsfrmrs available. So, basically when the xnsfrmr goes, you would have a nice, heavy Carver door stop.

Now, a bit of advice from me. I wouldn't get the M1.0t MKII unless you have a system that's laid back on the top end and needs plenty of bass and lower registers. Get the M500-t MKII. It has the most preferred overall sound signature of the non-esoteric or rare Carver amplifiers. This is not only my opinion [concerning the M500-t] but the opinion of forum members collected over a couple of years. It wasn't unanimous but it definitely leaned more to the M500-t than any other Carver amplifier, by quite a bit.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Mr. M-500t

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:09 am

Re: Carver M-1.0t Mk2 Opt2 Upgraded

Tom,
I've been hoping for the popularity of the M-500t's to drop off so I can afford to get a couple more. [-o< [-o<
Nice words like that don't help my pocket book. All I want is the 500t's in their original form. I don't need all that power with the kind of speakers I have.
I have said that from the start about the transformers. But. who am I ? :lol:
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:14 am

Oh, sorry Rick.

All M500-t's suck donkey dick. They perform rather poorly and I've heard better sound out of a BOSE system that had a blown woofer. I'd rather hear my mother-in-law yell at me and torture myself with endless songs by Bette Midler at the same time then to listen to one of them.

Is that better? :-s
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Mr. M-500t

Post Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:27 am

Good job ! =D> =D> =D>
Can we spread the message some how ? :-s
:D
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:05 am

Naw, I can't do that....

Hey, I don't mind joking about it but I can't bring myself to knock one of Bob's jewels. I do believe that folks can read through my humor but there would be no way in hell that I would spread something like that around. It is, after all, my favorite Carver SS amplifier.

<<

Mr. M-500t

Post Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:59 am

I feel the same way. 8) 8) 8)
<<

BillD

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:12 pm

:-"
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

kingman

Post Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:15 pm

BillD wrote::-"

Bill...they cut your avatar off too!!!! Time to resize! :shock:
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

BillD

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:13 pm

If you change themes, it comes back to full size.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

Mr. M-500t

Post Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:47 pm

BillD wrote:If you change themes, it comes back to full size.

Another advantage of the old way ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:41 pm

Ive heard the M500 MKII and it sounds very good. If you like you vocals a little forward than this is the amp for you. For Diana Krall and Alison Krauss it was perfect.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:26 pm

Regarding the wordless.....

engtaz wrote:Ive heard the M500 MKII and it sounds very good. If you like you vocals a little forward than this is the amp for you. For Diana Krall and Alison Krauss it was perfect.
I will admit, he said more than two words. This is the best you will EVER get from him, so take it literally.

Return to Carver Home (Audio)