FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:38 pm

300x2 vs TFM-42....continued: System Synergy??

<<

jjptkd

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:42 am

Re: 300x2 vs TFM-42....continued: System Synergy??

From Bob Crites signature:

Audiophile n. A person who claims to hear the inaudible.

Annoying Audiophile - A person who claims that others may be trained to hear the inaudible unless they are deaf.

With apologies to Jeff Foxworthy:

If it tests good and sounds bad, you might be an audiophile.

If it tests bad and sounds good, you might be an audiophile.

So fitting... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sunfire TGP-III
Sunfire 600x2
PS Audio DL-III DAC
Klipsch "mini" Chorus II's
Klipsch RSW 15
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:23 pm

You got the boot because you didn't agree with the powers that be ??? :shock:
Wow, and you guys thought I was a dick :lol:
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:33 pm

Toy Maker wrote:You got the boot because you didn't agree with the powers that be ??? :shock:

We never called you a DICK; just said you can't ship for SHIT~
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

jjptkd

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:36 pm

"You're supposed to lead, follow or get out of the way."

"But I always get out of the way, I don't understand."

[youtube]Vw2CrY9Igs&NR[/youtube]
Sunfire TGP-III
Sunfire 600x2
PS Audio DL-III DAC
Klipsch "mini" Chorus II's
Klipsch RSW 15
<<

frankieD

Frankie The Mouth

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:56 pm

Toy Maker wrote:You got the boot because you didn't agree with the powers that be ??? :shock:

Hey James, don't feel bad.

No matter what those assholes are doing you'll always be a dick to us.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

elgrau

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:23 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Face it; we're all a bunch of dicks (female company excepted of course! :lol: ). But free to associate with the dicks of our choice. Holler but don't hit, James :lol: . Don't ban me bro; I'm down to 2 of the 3 Carver sites left and I've never even visited #3! :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I love my 300x2 and won't be parting with it anytime soon; ditto my refurbed 42 nor my 45 nor my 35 nor my m1.0t nor my MXR-150...well you get the point! :lol: But yes; I think I have the "right" (synergy wise) amps on both my two "main" systems right now....life is good (for now!). Believe it or not tho I'm actually having regrets about not getting the m1.0t upgraded to "mk-II nirvana" status (if you believe some of the "testimonials"..some "new sound = great sound" bias there I'm sure, but we always chasing that dream anyway... :lol: ) before parting ways with sir Richard the Lion Hearted. Reason being that I'm amazed at how well those EPI-400's sound in the "large" accoustic space of my garage (especially with "punchy" rock stuff) with the "baseline" m1.0t.....could only get better with a bit/bunch more "transient" power...oh well, whatever. Be thankful...
Last edited by elgrau on Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Family room: 400 disk changer with PS Audio Digital Link III DAC; Technics SL-1100A TT. QED Quenx1 IC's from DAC & TT to Adcom GTP-602 preamp/Tuner. AudioQuest King Cobra IC's from preamp to M1.0t mk-II opt2. QED Silver Spirals 4M wires to EPI 1000’s.
Living room: AudioQuest Black Mamba 8M IC's from family room preamp to Barcus-Berry 2002R Sonic Maximizer to GlowPower Zyxt IC's to Sunfire 300x2 to Nordost 6M bi-source wires to AOS 28" MDF spherical speakers using six 8" woofers and eight 1" dome tweeters symm. arranged around the surface.
SS system: CX-995V DVD to AV-705x 5 channel amp (center/rears) & M1.0t mk-II opt2(fronts).
Garage: TLM-3600 CDP to MXR150 Receiver (pre) to TFM-42 to EPI 400 speakers.
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:49 pm

jjptkd wrote:"You're supposed to lead, follow or get out of the way."

"But I always get out of the way, I don't understand."

[youtube]Vw2CrY9Igs&NR[/youtube]

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

I LOVE THAT MOVIE !!!!!
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:58 pm

TNRabbit wrote:Ed, I told you I thought your EPIs were over-emphasized in the lower treble range when I was there back in December.

I really liked a lot of things about them, but that was definitely their Achilles Heel~

Let's all be honest here.
Elgrau can piss off the devil and never notice.
(newbies take notice)

As to explain what happened at the man party you and Gary had -->

Tom says if you add even a potted plant to the room, everything changes.

Mostly you probably set in the "sweet" spot alone.

You and Gary both in the sweet spot was bound to queer the music. :lol:
<<

elgrau

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:45 pm

Yeah, my "plan" is to rely on you, OO, to let me know when I'm "over the line" here...that oughta work :-" :lol: :lol: !

What you trying to say OO? That "sweetspot" sometimes = "wetspot"? Or are you comparing Herr Rabbit to a potted plant? :lol: But getting serious for just a moment, one of the things I like about the 360 degree dispersion speakers (like EPI towers, etc.) is that they have a very large "sweetspot" (albeit perhaps not as pronounced as one's with smaller ones). I like to be free to sit/lie just about anywhere in the room when listening (the better to do other things: read, board games, dance, nap, soak in the fireplace heat, whatever). Same reason I'm not keen on dedicated listening rooms nor vinyl that needs constant "tending", etc. But again, different strokes....
Family room: 400 disk changer with PS Audio Digital Link III DAC; Technics SL-1100A TT. QED Quenx1 IC's from DAC & TT to Adcom GTP-602 preamp/Tuner. AudioQuest King Cobra IC's from preamp to M1.0t mk-II opt2. QED Silver Spirals 4M wires to EPI 1000’s.
Living room: AudioQuest Black Mamba 8M IC's from family room preamp to Barcus-Berry 2002R Sonic Maximizer to GlowPower Zyxt IC's to Sunfire 300x2 to Nordost 6M bi-source wires to AOS 28" MDF spherical speakers using six 8" woofers and eight 1" dome tweeters symm. arranged around the surface.
SS system: CX-995V DVD to AV-705x 5 channel amp (center/rears) & M1.0t mk-II opt2(fronts).
Garage: TLM-3600 CDP to MXR150 Receiver (pre) to TFM-42 to EPI 400 speakers.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:52 pm

frankieD wrote:Would you keep a rig that had "perfect" specs but sounded bad to you?
Frankie, if I didn't already have a signature? I would rephrase this comment. Here's what my sig would read if I didn't already have one.....

The perfect spec's to an amplifier or speaker is what sounds good to these ears. Not numbers.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:24 pm

elgrau wrote:Yeah, my "plan" is to rely on you, OO, to let me know when I'm "over the line" here...that oughta work :-" :lol: :lol: !

DAMN good plan. =;
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:26 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I just had a real funny idea.

We should open up a "Refugee" section over here :lol: For all those that deserted at some point and time, and that have now been deported or exiled from another site.

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:40 pm

Toy Maker wrote:HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I just had a real funny idea.

We should open up a "Refugee" section over here :lol: For all those that deserted at some point and time, and that have now been deported or exiled from another site.

I want in that section.

OK, going to many now and signing up.
It will be fun to see how long I last.
I better go undercover.
How does "---------" sound ?

Opps, bet they already secretly monitor my posts here, so had to block that out for security reasons.
<<

kingman

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:46 pm

Re: Let me get this straight....

treitz3 wrote:You got banned because you were talking shop about audio? Hell of an audio website, Rich. Way to go.

Anybody ever wonder why I never talk about Sunfire yet I have owned many models and talk about Carver amplifiers all the time?
...Obviously not.... :-s ... :lol:
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

kingman

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:49 pm

Wow, and you guys thought I was a dick
I've personally only heard "prick" associated with your name??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
PreviousNext

Return to Carver Home (Audio)