FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:05 am

300x2 vs TFM-42....continued: System Synergy??

<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:51 pm

Re: 300x2 vs TFM-42....continued: System Synergy??

You and Gary both in the sweet spot was bound to queer the music.
. ...vote for this to go in the best phrases of 2011 post!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:38 pm

Yea, that is good - even for me.
Still, it would be lame for me to put it there and you obviously don't know how -- :lol:
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:44 pm

Go after their ass Kingman.
Grab a beer and wait for my telephone call.

No skip the beer, you are already one over the line.

I like this new you.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:51 pm

Re: Let me get this straight....

kingman wrote:
treitz3 wrote:Anybody ever wonder why I never talk about Sunfire yet I have owned many models and talk about Carver amplifiers all the time?
...Obviously not.... :-s ... :lol:
Pay the Carverfest fund $50.00 and I'll tell you why. Until then? My lips are sealed until we get there.

Group funds are welcome to cover the fifty bucks.... :-#
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:53 pm

Grab a beer and wait for my telephone call.
...got the beer...where are ya!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

jjptkd

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:56 pm

I've never really thought about it but you do have me curious now, not $50 curious though! #-o It would be entertaining to have a different perspective, please, don't keep us in suspense!!! [-o< [-o<
Sunfire TGP-III
Sunfire 405x5
PS Audio DL-III DAC
(2 Pairs) Klipsch Chorus II's
Klipsch RSW 15
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:08 pm

"In North Carolina , it's worth fifty bucks"... :D
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

jjptkd

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:26 pm

Well, so far I've had a Cinema Grand Signature, 2 Cinema Grands, a Cinema Grand Series II, a TGA-5200 and 2 300x2s. 3 TGP-IIIs, a TGP-IV and a TGP-5, along with 3 Ultimate Receivers. I know the original, first production models were poorly designed using cheaper parts before the newer line up, which were re-designed by an electrical engineer and the newer stuff was made in China. From what I've learned, '99 - '05 were the best years for Sunfire. As far as what they sound like, that's a matter of opinion, and everyone knows that opinions are like assholes, everybody has one and they all stink!!! :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sunfire TGP-III
Sunfire 405x5
PS Audio DL-III DAC
Klipsch RSW 15
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Let me get this straight....

treitz3 wrote:
kingman wrote:
treitz3 wrote:Anybody ever wonder why I never talk about Sunfire yet I have owned many models and talk about Carver amplifiers all the time?
...Obviously not.... :-s ... :lol:
Pay the Carverfest fund $50.00 and I'll tell you why. Until then? My lips are sealed until we get there.

Group funds are welcome to cover the fifty bucks.... :-#

First I heard of this.

Where do I send it.
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:40 pm

jjptkd wrote:As far as what they sound like, that's a matter of opinion, and everyone knows that opinions are like assholes, everybody has one and they all stink!!! :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
That was funny, but -
I am the CLOWN here. :D

This site is hot tonight and out here on the deck I can see the moon is not even full.
<<

elgrau

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:43 pm

"Anybody ever wonder why I never talk about Sunfire yet I have owned many models and talk about Carver amplifiers all the time?"

Might be, Tom; however, since you seem to agree with Kingman on this:

"it only matters what it sounds like to you"

Therefore, why should your opinion on the subject matter at all?? The only thing that matters is "how it sounds to US", not what anyone else thinks about how it sounds, right? See the problem with that philosphy? Negates any discussion, any opinion of design parameters, anything but "what it sounds like to you".....no discussion needed: nothing else (apparently) matters!
Family room: 400 disk changer with PS Audio Digital Link III DAC; Technics SL-1100A TT. QED Quenx1 IC's from DAC & TT to Adcom GTP-602 preamp/Tuner. AudioQuest King Cobra IC's from preamp to M1.0t mk-II opt2. QED Silver Spirals 4M wires to EPI 1000’s.
Living room: AudioQuest Black Mamba 8M IC's from family room preamp to Barcus-Berry 2002R Sonic Maximizer to GlowPower Zyxt IC's to Sunfire 300x2 to Nordost 6M bi-source wires to AOS 28" MDF spherical speakers using six 8" woofers and eight 1" dome tweeters symm. arranged around the surface.
SS system: CX-995V DVD to AV-705x 5 channel amp (center/rears) & M1.0t mk-II opt2(fronts).
Garage: TLM-3600 CDP to MXR150 Receiver (pre) to TFM-42 to EPI 400 speakers.
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:50 pm

CAT FIGHT.jpg
CAT FIGHT.jpg (103.97 KiB) Viewed 280 times
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:28 pm

The point, please?

elgrau wrote:"Anybody ever wonder why I never talk about Sunfire yet I have owned many models and talk about Carver amplifiers all the time?"

Might be, Tom; however, since you seem to agree with Kingman on this:

"it only matters what it sounds like to you"

Therefore, why should your opinion on the subject matter at all?? The only thing that matters is "how it sounds to US", not what anyone else thinks about how it sounds, right? See the problem with that philosphy? Negates any discussion, any opinion of design parameters, anything but "what it sounds like to you".....no discussion needed: nothing else (apparently) matters!
What the fuck is your point, Ed? Please clarify.

I sure wish you would learn how to quote folks the correct way. Trying to follow your posts sometimes is like trying to navigate the burned down WACO compound and where everybody was when the shit went down. I don't have a team to decipher or figure out went down. It's just me and a forum....

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:37 pm

Set the forum straight........if you can.......

elgrau wrote:Therefore, why should your opinion on the subject matter at all?? The only thing that matters is "how it sounds to US", not what anyone else thinks about how it sounds, right? See the problem with that philosphy? Negates any discussion, any opinion of design parameters, anything but "what it sounds like to you".....no discussion needed: nothing else (apparently) matters!
You are right.

Nobody should ever talk about audio because it all depends on what the individual listener hears. Nothing else matters. :rolleyes:

jjptkd wrote:Well, so far I've had a Cinema Grand Signature, 2 Cinema Grands, a Cinema Grand Series II, a TGA-5200 and 2 300x2s. 3 TGP-IIIs, a TGP-IV and a TGP-5, along with 3 Ultimate Receivers.
Well, do tell.

What are your observations? You have had all but yet, you deny those that would like to know the difference.......well, the difference? Spill the beans, man. Folks down the road years from now will be reading this and they would like to know. You have the knowledge. Do tell.

<<

jjptkd

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:08 pm

Over here in Washington, it will cost you $100! :lol: :lol: :lol: Just send it to my paypal. I tell you what, since I'm feeling generous tonight, you spill the beans first and we'll call it even! 8) 8)
Sunfire TGP-III
Sunfire 405x5
PS Audio DL-III DAC
Klipsch RSW 15
PreviousNext

Return to Carver Home (Audio)