FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:02 am

300x2 vs TFM-42....continued: System Synergy??

<<

jjptkd

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:27 pm

Re: 300x2 vs TFM-42....continued: System Synergy??

I really don't mean to be rude, I'm just funnin' around! :D I have my opinions yes, and I've shared them here on numerous occasions. Honestly, I've really enjoyed every piece of Sunfire gear that has passed through my hands. \:D/ On the preamps, I liked the TGP-III & IV better then the 5, which is why I stayed with the TGP-III. The 5 is closer to the Receivers in soundstage, clean and clear, just not as deep. The Ultimate Receivers are a real bargin for home theater setups in my opinion, especially for around $700, but I prefer seperates for music. The amplifiers all pretty much sound the same to me, the higher power ones just get louder faster and even the 200 watters are plenty for my Klipsch speakers, which is why I stuck with an original Cinema Grand. For me, the setup I have now is perfect and I got the preamp and amplifier together for $1,000. :shock: I don't think I could do much better for that price! :D :lol: 8)
Sunfire TGP-III
Sunfire 405x5
PS Audio DL-III DAC
Klipsch Chorus II's
Klipsch RSW 15
Klipsch KW-120 (2)
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:35 pm

jjptkd wrote:I really don't mean to be rude, I'm just funnin' around! :D I have my opinions yes, and I've shared them here on numerous occasions. Honestly, I've really enjoyed every piece of Sunfire gear that has passed through my hands. \:D/ On the preamps, I liked the TGP-III & IV better then the 5, which is why I stayed with the TGP-III. The 5 is closer to the Receivers in soundstage, clean and clear, just not as deep. The Ultimate Receivers are a real bargin for home theater setups in my opinion, especially for around $700, but I prefer seperates for music. The amplifiers all pretty much sound the same to me, the higher power ones just get louder faster and even the 200 watters are plenty for my Klipsch speakers, which is why I stuck with an original Cinema Grand. For me, the setup I have now is perfect and I got the preamp and amplifier together for $1,000. :shock: I don't think I could do much better for that price! :D :lol: 8)

good, intelligent post for your post number 1000 ---

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

m500t -> post with intelligence and you too will be recognized
<<

Mr. M-500t

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:34 pm

Toy Maker wrote:HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I just had a real funny idea.

We should open up a "Refugee" section over here :lol: For all those that deserted at some point and time, and that have now been deported or exiled from another site.

I like that idea =D> . They don't have to live like refugees though do they ? [-o< Maybe, just for a little while ? :lol:
<<

Mr. M-500t

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:41 pm

jjptkd wrote:Over here in Washington, it will cost you $100! :lol: :lol: :lol: Just send it to my paypal. I tell you what, since I'm feeling generous tonight, you spill the beans first and we'll call it even! 8) 8)

$75.00 down here in Oregon. We have no sales tax. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:53 am

OconeeOrange wrote:

good, intelligent post for your post number 1000 ---

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Well then CONGRATS on your 1000th Post Jesse!!!
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

m500t -> post with intelligence and you too will be recognized
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...
<<

kingman

Post Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:55 am

elgrau wrote:Therefore, why should your opinion on the subject matter at all?? The only thing that matters is "how it sounds to US", not what anyone else thinks about how it sounds, right? See the problem with that philosphy? Negates any discussion, any opinion of design parameters, anything but "what it sounds like to you".....no discussion needed: nothing else (apparently) matters!
treitz3 wrote:You are right.

Nobody should ever talk about audio because it all depends on what the individual listener hears. Nothing else matters.

FINALLY!!!!! Now we can end this discussion and spend time listening rather than bullshittin!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

elgrau

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:51 pm

My point was meant to be very clear and simple (for simpletons! :lol: :lol: ), Tom. You can't have it both ways: IF (as you seem to agree) "it only matters what it sounds like to you", then why, pray tell, should we care what your (or anyone else's opinion is) re Sunfire vs Carver? It only matters what each of us HEARS. If I like Carver sound more than Sunfire, than that's it. Why care about your opinion on the matter (or Bob's or anyone else's or where the amp's were made or what quality of components went in to them or whatever). Ditto if someone prefers a Rat-Shack amp over a Conrad-Johnson amp. Now I don't agree with this viewpoint, but if one does ("it only matters what it sounds like to you"), then no discussion nor opinions needed! To what end? Peace out!
Family room: 400 disk changer with PS Audio Digital Link III DAC; Technics SL-1100A TT. QED Quenx1 IC's from DAC & TT to Adcom GTP-602 preamp/Tuner. AudioQuest King Cobra IC's from preamp to M1.0t mk-II opt2. QED Silver Spirals 4M wires to EPI 1000’s.
Living room: AudioQuest Black Mamba 8M IC's from family room preamp to Barcus-Berry 2002R Sonic Maximizer to GlowPower Zyxt IC's to Sunfire 300x2 to Nordost 6M bi-source wires to AOS 28" MDF spherical speakers using six 8" woofers and eight 1" dome tweeters symm. arranged around the surface.
SS system: CX-995V DVD to AV-705x 5 channel amp (center/rears) & M1.0t mk-II opt2(fronts).
Garage: TLM-3600 CDP to MXR150 Receiver (pre) to TFM-42 to EPI 400 speakers.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:10 pm

The confusion continues...*bangs head*

Ed, the thing is that the end result of each listener is that it only matters what it sounds like to you.

The whole point of even having a forum is to talk about and discuss your observations, likes and dislikes with given gear, or combination of gear thereof.

That still doesn't change the end result aforementioned, so I can have it both ways. I'm good like that. :D
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

BillD

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:11 pm

elgrau wrote:My point was meant to be very clear and simple (for simpletons! :lol: :lol: ), Tom. You can't have it both ways: IF (as you seem to agree) "it only matters what it sounds like to you", then why, pray tell, should we care what your (or anyone else's opinion is) re Sunfire vs Carver? It only matters what each of us HEARS. If I like Carver sound more than Sunfire, than that's it. Why care about your opinion on the matter (or Bob's or anyone else's or where the amp's were made or what quality of components went in to them or whatever). Ditto if someone prefers a Rat-Shack amp over a Conrad-Johnson amp. Now I don't agree with this viewpoint, but if one does ("it only matters what it sounds like to you"), then no discussion nor opinions needed! To what end? Peace out!

It's because you need validation. You are insecure and need to have others tell you that you're right. And, you're arrogant and will argue with others if they don't agree with your opinion. In short, you are a child that hasn't grown up. Am I pretty close? 8)
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

frankieD

Frankie The Mouth

Post Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:22 pm

BillD wrote:
elgrau wrote:My point was meant to be very clear and simple (for simpletons! :lol: :lol: ), Tom. You can't have it both ways: IF (as you seem to agree) "it only matters what it sounds like to you", then why, pray tell, should we care what your (or anyone else's opinion is) re Sunfire vs Carver? It only matters what each of us HEARS. If I like Carver sound more than Sunfire, than that's it. Why care about your opinion on the matter (or Bob's or anyone else's or where the amp's were made or what quality of components went in to them or whatever). Ditto if someone prefers a Rat-Shack amp over a Conrad-Johnson amp. Now I don't agree with this viewpoint, but if one does ("it only matters what it sounds like to you"), then no discussion nor opinions needed! To what end? Peace out!

It's because you need validation. You are insecure and need to have others tell you that you're right. And, you're arrogant and will argue with others if they don't agree with your opinion. In short, you are a child that hasn't grown up. Am I pretty close? 8)

Pretty close Bill but you forgot delusional.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:27 pm

No, that did just not happen......

BillD wrote:It's because you need validation. You are insecure and need to have others tell you that you're right. And, you're arrogant and will argue with others if they don't agree with your opinion. In short, you are a child that hasn't grown up. Am I pretty close? 8)
I am in complete and utter shock. Bill, the quiet one on the forum. The level headed one on the forum. The one that would be voted most likely not to hurt a fly actually said THAT?

Holy Crap! :-s

*falls to floor*
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:30 pm

I would say this thread proves we are all alike here.
We all are confident in our (hopefully) ever changing opinions.
We all enjoy defending our opinion and attacking another's opinion.
This thread proves that.

Attacking the person is not cool. =;
(yea, I know I do it, but I am doing better)
<<

BillD

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:07 pm

Actually, I posted it metaphorically. We all are somewhat like that or we wouldn't argue our opinions with others. We revert to our childish ways when we are insecure. It's human nature, unfortunately. One of my life goals is to become less and less like that, because I find the more I do, the more serenity I have.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

kingman

Post Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:15 pm

HOLY SHIT!!! how did I know that my thoughts would equate into this...folks...it's not about each others opinions. Everyone on here has a system they are proud of. All I mean is that YOU are the audio judge! Be proud of the sound system you have ....and take advice from people that have more experience...to a point. In the end..you have to be happy with what YOU hear...not what someone tells you THEY hear...jezzz!!! Can't we all be happy????? :lol: :lol: :lol:
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:04 pm

Maybe the new darker colors are bringing out more aggressive posts - :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
PreviousNext

Return to Carver Home (Audio)